It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Trump becomes President and God forbid does a good job?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic
This is basically the question I posed to people when Reagan was running for office the first time. The Donald's foes remind me a great deal of the people who screeched, "He's just a B-movie actor" and loved to picture him with the chimp.
I was so disillusioned with my choice (Jimmah) having failed so miserably, I couldn't bring myself to vote for either major party candidate that year. I'd voted for Nixon the first time I was eligible to vote because he promised to end that stupid war that was killing/maiming my friends and relatives. So when a man who seems to be honest and someone I'd like to have as a neighbor came along, I jumped on his bandwagon. I'd still like to have him as a neighbor but now I realize he was hated and despised because of his honesty, because they had nothing with which to blackmail him so they (both parties) threw him to the dogs.
When Reagan promised to get the economy going, I was skeptical. I'm not saying he was the be-all and end-all but in our little portion of the world, the economy did restart and jobs were plentiful. I know because I was working two or three just to get myself out of the debt I had stupidly accumulated. Then, the tax cuts came through and I was actually able to save some of that money once my debts were satisfied and was able to go back to school and find a new career.
I remember well hearing the Dem machine screeching that if Reagan were elected we would be in a nuclear war with the USSR within six months. Funny how that turned out.
My memory may be faulty but it seems that it was during his second term that he gave in to the cries for Amnesty for illegals. One of the jobs I was working at that time was as a contract worker for the University. This was about the time that the Personnel Department was changed to the Human Resources Department and although I had worked there prior to the changes in the law, each time I was hired for a contract job, I had to present my social security card despite the fact that the lady hiring me had known me since birth. It was absolutely crazy. Even if my last contract had only ended a week previously, she had to fill out all the paperwork to show I wasn't an illegal. She was ticked and I didn't blame her. She was also ticked about humans being considered "resources" but it took me a while to see her point on that.
So, I'll give the Donald the same look-see as I've given all the others that I didn't vote for but got saddled with. I'll not give him my vote but if he can get the economy kick-started and rein in the banksters, what's not to like? A fellow who can take a couple of million and turn it into billions isn't the clown msm seems to be attempting to portray.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Then it will confirm that the last 50 years of POTUS has been bad for the US and its people. Basically a criminal joke responsible for the a damaged US. And a lesson to ensure a new and better way to choose those who govern!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Then again, what if Trump wins and he's WORSE than Bush and Obama? I don't mean to say what if he wins and isn't smart enough. I mean to say what if he is the ultimate evil genius?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

America has been Losers focused on losing. They don't like winning or know how to because they always got a trophy for showing up. Usually while being late and delaying the performers. Trump will do a good job because he knows how to get sh*t done and who to do it. Sorry but the social engineering needs to stop too. Women don't make good Navy Seals they make good sandwiches.
edit on 29 2 16 by IridescentPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

originally posted by: Tiamat384
I'd vote for him, if I could be bothered to vote. Never Clinton. Not Sanders. Liar and idealist. A doer is needed. However, I still will never understand the debate of Democrats vs. Republicans on ATS, a site where the members are supposedly conspiracy theorists and distrustful of the government and corporations; continuing to argue for one vs another.

Kasich as Trump's VP.

Dammit, I know..

I came here looking for aliens and now I keep clicking these threads where everyone's arguing about Hilary Clintons diet.

What diet? Her seefood diet?

See food and eat it?

Anyway, Trump has a good chance to get things done, better than the average bear.

It's a job, one that needs someone with work experience, not ivory tower academics.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Anyway, Trump has a good chance to get things done, better than the average bear. It's a job, one that needs someone with work experience, not ivory tower academics.

What exactly do you think trump is going to do ?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

What if Trump becomes President and God forbid does a good job?

I dont think he will do as terribly bad as what people think. And he most certainly will probably do better than what we have now.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Want to know more about the KKK?
Sure ok - let's go with that.
I feel what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
People want to play the sensitive role only when it
affects their train of thought.
Kind of like driving - when you cut someone off it's okay "had to be done".
When someone cuts you off " cut of their heads!!!!".
Personally I want Trump to win but should he really be the president based
what he has consistently shown? NO

You disagree with me but have no counter point and you feel what you have said is enough to be
an argument. Your comment I feel doesn't hold any weight.

Let's make america great again.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I just don't agree with him on most of his opinions, and the way he talks generally makes me cringe.

I won't be voting for him but if he makes it and does a good job, then hey, that's great. I won't hate on him.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
He is your giant douche.

Next choice you will make:
Choosing Hillary Clinton

She'll be the turd sandwich

...giving you all the choice.
Between a giant douche and a turd sandwich

Source:
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: unicornholiday
I like how Trump was able to criticize Beyonce for her Black Panther leaning message against police abuse of power towards the black population yet had nothing to say about the KKK. What were his words "I do not know of this David Duke or organization and I need to research them before I can comment." HAHAHAHAHAHA

Yup that's the man that's going to bring us together.
Personally I hope he wins but for all the wrong reasons.

Awww, you're new here. I guess you didn't get the memo that most of us seasoned ATS'ers don't pay attention to what t he main stream, billionaire globalist owned media reports.

If you'd done your homework then you'd know Trump has disavowed David Duke on more than one occasion and that CNN is leading the charge against him.

But, that takes having some intelligence and a clue as to what is going on in the world. Just posting an opinion about a bogus MSM non story won't cut it on a site with SO many intelligent and informed individuals.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: unicornholiday
Wait...now we're not only basing candidates on their behaviors as children or adolescents, but also on what their parents had done prior to the candidates birth?! How absurd can an argument get...

Just ignore their BS. Linking a WP story about something that happened NINETY YEARS AGO? That's desperate...I'm not responding to the obvious troll is obvious noob posters who are just here to troll and are probably part of the GOP establishment.

I miss the good old days on ATS...
edit on 29-2-2016 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: unicornholiday
Your argument what his father did has weight you're saying? What a joke.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I'm assuming you consider yourself one of those intelligent individuals?
He's the one that needed more information on the KKK before making a
comment. Why does it upset you? Mainstream Media is not to be trusted
I agree but let me ask you where do you get all your news oh great one?
You won't take the word of a globalist billionaire media but will take the word
of a billionaire globalist? HAHAHA Yeah you're a special kind of smart.
I take it as a compliment that you think i'm a GOP shill it gives me great insight
into your ability to discuss topics.

You can go ahead and
yourself.
edit on 29-2-2016 by unicornholiday because: I was looking for my memo.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
let's see, trump is a guy that inherited 50 to 200 million dollars from his real estate magnate father, had 3 bankruptcies where investors lost hundreds of millions of dollars. his whole personal history is one of wealth, he's never been a pull-yourself-up-by-the-bootstraps type of guy, he has no knowledge of how it is to live paycheck to paycheck in some dead-end job, trying to support a family, and pay the monthly living expenses. opulence is all he's known, and somehow, voters think he knows how to fix the problems we have in the U.S, let alone how to deal with the rest of the political world abroad......go figure.
edit on 29-2-2016 by jimmyx because: additions

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: misterhistory
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

I'm expecting him to do well because I'm leaning to him running the executive branch like a business rather than a bunch of buddy buddies giving each other jobs they're underwhelmingly qualified for. I expect him to bring in the best talent and push it to its limits.

To heck with his poor ego. It's as bad as House as a person yet everyone seems to go crazy for him.

Um, you do realize that is EXACTLY how a lot of fortune 500 businesses and large corporations are run, right?

(post by unicornholiday removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
he has no knowledge of how it is to live paycheck to paycheck in some dead-end job, trying to support a family, and pay the monthly living expenses. opulence is all he's known,

and that differs from other politicians how?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join