It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Trump becomes President and God forbid does a good job?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
He will be president. Ask google what the statisticians think. Also I think he has just as good of a chance as anyone else.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
An admitted part of the corruption process. A proven liar. Can't detail any plan. Obvious xenophobic and racist tendencies. Thin skinned and pandering to the worst in human nature. If he somehow becomes president and ends up being good for this country I will be shocked to say the least (but of course, pleased). But in all honesty, there is nothing there to trust or even a lick of substance to hold onto. In the meantime, it's painful to watch someone who makes our political process (which is a corrupt circus I'd agree) into an even worse dumbed down reality show of the lowest 'Honey-Boo-Boo' denominator.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Then again, what if Trump wins and he's WORSE than Bush and Obama? I don't mean to say what if he wins and isn't smart enough. I mean to say what if he is the ultimate evil genius?

If so; would prove it by selecting Dr. Strangelove as his running mate.
edit on 29-2-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It's funny to me that Trump is now a racist but these same establishment folks were at his office begging him for money or begging for his endorsement.

Trump wasn't this big racist when the Republican establishment wanted him to back McCain in 08 and Romney in 12.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well if he does a good job, then that's good right? Who would care at that point? It's like Obama, He really hasn't done that bad of a job as far as when you compare him to the past dozen or so presidents. And...good for him.

Having said that, I don't think he will do a good job. Economically, he'll tank us. Look at his own businesses and banktruptcies...that scares me. You can't just file for banktrupcy when the US economy starts sliding. Then international negotiations...you can't just sit there and call putin and Angela Merkel names like a little child. That scares me. LOL
edit on 29-2-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Anyway, Trump has a good chance to get things done, better than the average bear. It's a job, one that needs someone with work experience, not ivory tower academics.

What exactly do you think trump is going to do ?

Oh, I don't exactly know that but I'm sure you know exactly what he will do, right?

Like start WW3 and make the rest of the world shun americans.

If he wins, he would have crushed the clinton machine, that i do know.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The media's biased lens will not allow us to see any Republican president in a good light.

Wolf Blitzer spent over an hour talking about how GW Bush's approval rating sunk to 37%.

When Obama hit 37%, it was hidden in the middle of an article about how terrible a Republican Congress is.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Was talking with a colleague I have not seen for a while , the other day.

We entertained a circled rumor (could be a myth) that once a newly elected president is in office for a few weeks, they get a visit from an unnamed branch of the government that basically sets down some operating limits. Kind of "rules for the road" policies.

We agreed that at least some external, secretive people would have a very serious meeting with him about certain stuff.

We also agreed that past presidents have probably all had them in one form of another.

Would you not want to be a fly on that wall!

We already know about all that, and it is time those types disclose why they want the world so messed up.

Perhaps Trump has support from areas these secretive people are actually NOT prepared for

In fact, I will wager that their time has come

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: unicornholiday

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: unicornholiday
Wait...now we're not only basing candidates on their behaviors as children or adolescents, but also on what their parents had done prior to the candidates birth?! How absurd can an argument get...

He judges Beyonce on her stance...Why couldn't he judge Duke on his? Therefore why can't we judge him on his?
Don't plenty of people judge bush on bush senior as with Obama and his white mom?
Why is it good for some and taboo for others?
EH...

wait..we were allowed to judge Obama? Guess I missed the memo.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Anyway, Trump has a good chance to get things done, better than the average bear. It's a job, one that needs someone with work experience, not ivory tower academics.

What exactly do you think trump is going to do ?

Oh, I don't exactly know that but I'm sure you know exactly what he will do, right?

Like start WW3 and make the rest of the world shun americans.

If he wins, he would have crushed the clinton machine, that i do know.

Other than look like a clown i have no idea what trump will do....i was just curious as to your motivation for voting for a clown like trump.....

If i understand you correctly you are saying that you are voting for trump simply to remove the clintons.....you realize two wrongs do not make a right
edit on 29-2-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

(post by Tiamat384 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
OMG..I remember seeing a thread just like this shortly after I joined ATS. The only difference was the title had the name "Obama" instead of "Trump".

OK...it's now almost 8 years since THAT thread was started here in ATS. Has Barack Obama done a "Good Job" as President? What's the verdict? Maybe it will take another 20-30 years. I don't think Ronald Reagan was labeled and regarded as a "Great President" in his 8th year.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I had high hopes and thought Obama would be cool, and he sorta kinda has been when it comes to certain things. Our 20 trillion debt isn't good at all. I think Trump will be ok but he needs to leave Christy Cremes at home. I don't think he would do anything to hurt the U.S. I TRULY BELEIVE HIS INTENTIONS ARE GOOD.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I purchased something for my business from Taiwan and took delivery of it today. The price was $460usd and the duty I was charged is $26usd

That's a 5.7% IMPORT DUTY on the goods.

My company produces a VERY high quality product that is in the same category as the Taiwanese product I received. The sales I make overseas are usually hit with an import duty of 20%-44% !!!! Now add in that I pay corporate taxes much high than a lot of the rest of the world and think to yourself: What's wrong with this picture??? It's incredibly difficult for me to be competitive the way things currently work.

This is what Trump understands. In the world today politics IS BUSINESS, and it's all about global trade and multinational corporations. He understands EXACTLY how to regulate this and create jobs in America. It's pretty damn simple actually.

I currently employ myself, my wife part-time and one really bright 19yr old kid who I pay reasonably more than minimum wage. If I could compete more easily I would happily hire 10 more people and expandmy product line by 500% this year. But as it is currently, so much of my profits go straight to taxes and I can't raise my prices because inferior competitors are able to undercut me by a huge margin. It's literally to the point where I can pay the family bills (barely) and have nothing left over to reinvest for growth.

I don't really like Trump much as a person, but you can bet your ass I know what he knows and he wants to fuel huge business growth in this country.

There are many many thousands like me in the USA and we are quite happy to hire talented people and get this country rolling again.

Success is not sin. Profit on ingenuity and hard work is not evil.

Make America great again.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I think Trump is a "legacy" type of guy, he will want to leave a legacy of "winning" and success.
Think Game of Thrones Tywin Lannister

"Before long I'll be dead, and you and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor... but family."

―Lord Tywin Lannister to Ser Jaime Lannister.

It's not for money, maybe power, but power is not so great, if you suck at using it, just look at Bush X2.
Obama is better than Bush, but he never really did anything of note. Really if you look at the 1988 interview with Oprah he said he would run only if things got really bad, they have, and here he is.
edit on 1-3-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: charlyv
Was talking with a colleague I have not seen for a while , the other day.

We entertained a circled rumor (could be a myth) that once a newly elected president is in office for a few weeks, they get a visit from an unnamed branch of the government that basically sets down some operating limits. Kind of "rules for the road" policies.

We agreed that at least some external, secretive people would have a very serious meeting with him about certain stuff.

We also agreed that past presidents have probably all had them in one form of another.

Would you not want to be a fly on that wall!

We already know about all that, and it is time those types disclose why they want the world so messed up.

Perhaps Trump has support from areas these secretive people are actually NOT prepared for

In fact, I will wager that their time has come

Well, conversely, we really do not KNOW about that, we suspect it.
One this is for sure, he must have something up his sleeve to go up against the unknown. A chip he could cash, or perhaps a political implication that they have to acknowledge or work around. The mind boggles at the kinds of things that might be said and asked.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I would not be surprised if both sides of the aisle try to sabotage him if he wins.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join