It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet The Adversary*

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
*Entertainment purposes, not necessarily factual.*

Good evening. You haven't called me by my proper name this aeon. As my maker is Host of Hosts, Iam THE Adversary. My name is Poimandres. Thrice Great is my Scribe I want not you to sin. As all the Heavenly Host, I too rejoice in in your outright incorruptibility but I must push you to your limits how else might you even dream of being worthy to enter the realm of the pure.

Behemoth I'll let run asunder were you not to start respecting my position and renounce your transgressive thoughts that I am to blame for your deviance. Did you not partake of the fruit?

Indeed you did and now I am to blame? If you will it shall be your doom. Rest well.
edit on 21-2-2016 by Barzini because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
No disrespect but wtf are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

He hasn't taken his morning meds. The subject is obviously Satan.

We should wait it out until the AP's kick in.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I would be astonished if you knew. Anybody who knows, knows.*

*Titled for entertainment so let it be. It isn't hurting anyone and if you do figure it out it would be a good thing.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
But to make you happy I'll explain. Poimandres is from the Thrice Great Hermes Trismegistus saga. Find it and read it. The rest is just poetry alluding to the the absolute ridiculous notion of satan being anything other than a divine emissary of God. Whoever makes him responsible for evil is removing portions of human responsibility.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Barzini

I have to ask this...have you been drinking?

I also predict that this thread will disappear soon.
edit on 21-2-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Isn't there a common line for this? Oh yeah, don't feed the trolls LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

" As all the Heavenly Host, I too rejoice in in your outright incorruptibility "

if we're still blaming the devil for the stupid crap we do, we are thoroughly corrupted

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
All hail Dark Lord Barzini, gracing us with his infinite wisdom on a message board! We are not worthy of your fingertips.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth
Well if it does it does. I don't drink, I thought it would be Ok to make a thread about The Adversary but from more than a Christian perspective. Poimandres is the equivalent of Ha Satan in Judaism but from Hermetic scripture and in the end of there discussion Poimandres tells Hermes he doesn't get pleasure when people sin. Just like the Jewish Ha Satan he is working on Gods behalf to test men in order that they have the strength to resist temptation.

Hermeticism is a great Greek tradition based on Thoth of Egypt.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

Admitting that you don't know anything is the first step so I will give you respect for that. Unfortunately you will have to do some reading if you're going t o get complicated spiritual matters.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
All hail Dark Lord Barzini, gracing us with his infinite wisdom on! We are not worthy.

While it is true you aren't worthy, my wisdom is just shy of infinite.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

" As all the Heavenly Host, I too rejoice in in your outright incorruptibility "

if we're still blaming the devil for the stupid crap we do, we are thoroughly corrupted

Let it be true God willing.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Isn't Oh yeah, the trolls

A man who believes in trolls and gnomes. Ok, I guess he is entitled to his beliefs.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

"Indeed you did and now I am to blame? If you will it shall be your doom. Rest well"

So, if we own the infinitely stupid stuff we've done in the past, realizing we've no one to blame but ourselves, we're good? No doom? Doomless completely?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
How much of a 'special' little snowflake, with individuated cause&effect monopoly gameboards can you be - if the responsibility to claim&own the results of your free will is so easily shunted conveniently onto a free will-manufactured scapegoat that abrogates the responsibility and renders 'special little snowflake' status irrelevant? If any 'cycle' exists, it is the one provided that seeks to place it squarely within line of sight and experience (at your leisure) to re-mind yourself how ground-hogged you could make it until you actually claim responsibility.

Å99

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

"The Devil made me do it." Oldest crime confession in the book.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: akushla99

Excellent words!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join