It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 6 killed in random serial shooting in Kalamazoo County, Michigan

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: elementalgrove
Well it appears that we will sadly be talking about the tragedy that is currently developing in Kalamazoo county in Michigan.

Yawwwwn...
Is this even newsworthy anymore?
More shootings, and the 'answer' is arm everyone else!
So now they are getting armed and this is our daily fodder.
I repeat, it's boring (to me, of course) already...

Yawnnn..another morality free individual comes out on gun control so soon after a tragedy..

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

Well, I don't know what country you live in........but the US isn't the peaceful, civilized "one race nationality" type country of a Sweden or Japan. Its a jungle of hate and drug gangs from Mexico and Central America and inner city drug gangs of murderous thugs. So if your all up and afraid of firearms I'd suggest you stay in your backwater Shangri La. US Americans are trapped in a murderous pit of barbarism.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Good rant. I recently had a conversation with my father, who apparently has lived his whole life in a dream world where everyone is nicey nice and kind and good and trustworthy. As he nearly hit the ceiling when I stated we are surrounded by potential scoundrels and psychopaths of all stripes everywhere we go, every minute of every day.

All that is needed is a precipitating event to set some individuals off, to demoralize some individuals to justify the commission of all types of atrocities one would otherwise not commit.

Most only think about venting and never do. Others act.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Yawnnn..another morality free individual comes out on gun control so soon after a tragedy..

The first post in this thread on a 'side' on this topic was this one.

Similarly, others have gone and said that we need more concealed carry, etc. I am curious to know how a gun on the victim's side would help in an ambush attack as this appears to be.

Perhaps someone could enlighten us?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: Leonidas
Am I too late to catch the "false flag", "They got the wrong guy", "they're coming for our guns", "the timing of this is suspicious", "you're not gonna trust the MSM are you?"

Predictable as a wet rock in the rain...

They say they have the right guy and found weapons in the vehicle. It is surprising that he gave up without resistance. That is very unusual for "random" shooter psychopaths.

It's happened before.

I wouldn't even say that it's rare, if the killer isn't actively armed.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Stop drinking and start thinking.your comparisons dont apply.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Various reports out now the shooter was an Uber driver, and gave rides in between the shootings.

An eerie Facebook post about Dalton was reportedly posted by a woman who claims that Dalton was “driving VERY erratically” and that her fiancee wasn’t able to leave his car while taking the Uber.

gawker.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom
There are many ways to kill, using a gun is but one of thousands of possible ways.

Yeah ... all those slashing going on up in New York. Chilling.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

I live in a country where shooting sprees don't happen. Yes we have a few criminals with guns. We are dealing with it without arming the whole population.

You live in a country neutered by your government into thinking guns are bad. Newsflash: People are bad (some not all) and will do bad things with or without a gun. I'll leave you with one final thought to consider: Do you think it would be easier for an invading enemy to conquer your country or the U.S.? That is a huge deal considering Japan during WWII thought twice about invading the U.S. because of the guns. "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass". That deterrence is what defines a "standing army" and I'm damn happy as an American to have it at our disposal if needed.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
police, you can start shooting more white criminals. i promise you we wont care.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I wish they would implement cartel style torture on wastes of human flesh like this guy.
edit on 21-2-2016 by Lysergic because: typo

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

At first I thought you were being sarcastic, but I searched NY slashings and wow, didn't realize that was going on. Thanks for sharing that my friend & a star for you as well.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom
a reply to: Curious69

Yes i know. so say hello to shooting sprees, you only get what you deserve, happy arms race to you all.

Clueless is what your post tells most of us about you. Take guns from all law abiding citizens and that will fix everything. All the street gangs and criminals won't be giving up their guns, so just how much safer would you be?

If people want to go off and kill others a lack of a gun isn't going to stop anybody, they'll just hop in their car and mow down a crowd of people or use a different means to accomplish the same goal.

So if a bunch of incidents involving pressure cooker bombs are used to kill people are you going to advocate we make those illegal too? There are many ways to kill, using a gun is but one of thousands of possible ways.

Ok i guess hat the conclusion is that you just are more murderous than people in other places.
because all your substitute scenarios never happens in places where acces to guns are uncommon.
but i guess you just want to mass kill come hell or high water, happy shooting spree moron.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I wish they would implement cartel style torture on wastes of human flesh like this guy.

Cruel and unusual is unconstitutional, you are delusional.

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO
police, you can start shooting more white criminals. i promise you we wont care.

Your racial hate is disturbing, just another kill whitey. Go join the BLM hate group where you can masterbate together with those domestic terrorist fantasies.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

I do have a little bit of experience to back up my rants. I ran a Bail Bonding operation for 10 years.

I know first hand what's out there. And it ain't pretty. And to a large extent, you can pin a lot of the blame on whoever it was that dismantled the Mental Hospital systems in favor of releasing the nuts into the communities. Too late now, there's no fixing this.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Really?

Care to explain why without using subjective reasoning?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
And to a large extent, you can pin a lot of the blame on whoever it was that dismantled the Mental Hospital systems in favor of releasing the nuts into the communities. Too late now, there's no fixing this.

It was Reagan and the war on crime. More homelessness, more incarcerations in exchange for closing mental institutions and reducing the cost of mental health. Couple that with the obstruction to reasonable gun control (i.e. crazy people shouldn't have guns) and we get mass killings on a regular basis.

So, in short, we let all the crazy people out and do nothing to stop them from getting a gun.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Interestingly, none of the deceased victims of this are actually from Kalamazoo, but rather were here from neighboring cities.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Maybe if you care to explain how knives compare to guns? how many mass stabbings have you heard of and how often are they carried out? keep in mind that you dont need a licence to buy a knife, though i find it rediculous that i even have to
ask, and karma may be the wrong term to use for the apparent self inflicted problem with regards to gundeaths in the states.
but i use it in lack of knowing a better term,
If you want guns to be available to all then expect the frequency of them being used for criminal purpose to be high and have one pointed at you a better bet than going for first price in the lottery.
and if you are a brit you of all should know how rare shootings are in britain and that people dont turn to stabbings in significant numbers because they cant use a gun.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

What I know, is that people who are going to kill people, still kill people. What I know is that those who want to carry a blade or a gun illegally, are still doing so, and still carrying out crimes using them.

Not too long back, a man ambushed two female police officers with a hand gun and a grenade, shooting them, and then fragging them for good measure. He lured them there with a false call to the emergency services.

Home invasions are still occurring, involving armed gangs breaking in at gun point, pistol whipping the head of the household, and threatening to shoot his or her family if cooperation is not given.

If you believe these things are not happening in significant enough numbers, to warrant people arming themselves against those issues, then frankly, you are not paying attention. That's fine, but only if you admit it afterward.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join