It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 6 killed in random serial shooting in Kalamazoo County, Michigan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Well it appears that we will sadly be talking about the tragedy that is currently developing in Kalamazoo county in Michigan.

The shooter is still on the run and apparently targeting people at random. There is not much information to go off of at all, but they are looking for a white male in his 50's as of now.

Thoughts and prayers with victims and their families, hopefully a quick end this madness.

It will be nice if we can keep this about updates.

Shooting in Kalamazoo.

“We had several shootings tonight in the county and in the city of Kalamazoo. They all appear to be related. We have multiple people dead,” Kalamazoo County Undersheriff Paul Matyas told 24 Hour News 8.

At least six people have been killed in the ongoing series of incidents, Matyas told FOX 17. Four people were killed at a Cracker Barrel restaurant, while 2 were killed at Seelye Ford car dealership.

“We have somebody who is just driving around finding people and shooting them dead in their tracks,” the officer added.

edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago02America/Chicago229pmSaturday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Damn what in the hell...

People are losing it.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I haven't heard anything about serial shooters down there. I'll check other news outlets up here in the GR area.

Honestly, I just read local news via WZZM & WOOD, nothing said anything about serial killers. There was a mention of a woman in Kalamazoo shot multiple times in a...condo parking lot I think it was? It was a random thing from what they could surmise.

www.wzzm13.com...
woodtv.com...

Edit:I take THAT back. I refreshed WOOD's homepage and the headline changed to this weirdness.
edit on 2/20/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Derek jeters hometown

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Yep. I was just gonna post this.

Police are looking for a dark blue or silver Chevy HHR SUV.

The suspect is described as being a 50-year-old white male.

More updates as they come in.

S&F.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Thank you for the links to the local stations!

We will want to be getting all information we can in order to try to understand why this is happening. Sifting through the information is how we can find the truth.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: iunlimited491
Yep. I was just gonna post this.

Police are looking for a dark blue or silver Chevy HHR SUV.

The suspect is described as being a 50-year-old white male.

More updates as they come in.

S&F.

Are you hating whites people on purpose?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: iunlimited491

Thank you for contributing!

As with any mass shooting that happens it is important for us to collect the info as it comes in.

There has been more than one instance where the story does not add up.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Thats someones parents, siblings, lovers, co worker, best friends, plz stay safe people.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well, screw anonymity here, this is my home town.
Since I regularly check ATS, it's funny that this is the how I discovered what happened today less than 5 minutes ago.

And also, there's another one that just happened. Can hear the cops now.

edit on 20-2-2016 by gottaknow because: added info.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

woodtv.com...

Police in Kalamazoo County are searching for a suspect who is randomly shooting people, at least six have been killed.

Kalamazoo County Undersheriff Paul Matyas told 24 Hour News 8 that multiple were fatally shot at the Cracker Barrel in Texas Township and Seelye Kia dealership, located at 3820 Stadium Drive in Kalamazoo.

Matyas says the suspect is driving around randomly shooting people. Police believe the suspect is white man who is driving a blue Chevy HHR.

Police say four people were killed at the Cracker Barrel and one was taken to the hospital in critical condition. An eight-year-old child was among the people killed at the restaurant.

Authorities say a father and son were shot and killed at the dealership.

That's the current gist of it per WOOD. WZZM's super-light on info yet. However, they might have better-detailed info than WOOD later on, they sometimes do.

Edit: Update to article

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Police are responding to shots fired at OP Avenue and 6th Street in Texas Township, near the Cracker Barrel. There is police involvement at the scene, Kalamazoo County undersheriff says. Unclear if cops or possible suspect opened fire.

edit on 2/20/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
Well, screw anonymity here, this is my home town.
Since I regularly check ATS, it's funny that this is the how I discovered what happened today less than 5 minutes ago.

And also, there's another one that just happened. Can hear the cops now.

I am sorry that this is happening to your community gottaknow!

As you are able, please let us know anything you learn about in regards to this tragedy.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
My godson just called to say this latest one was also near the Cracker Barrel. This reminds me of that father/son pairing from a few years back.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Here's what we got so far...

Police began investigating a shooting at a Kalamzoo County apartment building at around 7:50 p.m., in which a woman was shot several times. She is in serious condition.
-
About three hours later, police were called to a car dealership where two people were fatally shot and a third was wounded.
-
Police then received a call of a third shooting in the parking lot of a nearby Cracker Barrel restaurant where four people were shot and killed, and a fifth was wounded and in critical condition.
www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 20-2-2016 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Stay safe friend, heres hoping the worst is past.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Craziness. Stay safe, folks on that side of the state... Hopefully they get the guy soon, preferably with nonlethal methods so they can find out why he went off his rocker. However, between the seemingly regular use of lethal force and just how those things go down, I bet that's unlikely.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969
Thanks. Just drove home from Portage(neighboring town) from gaming with friends all day. Had no idea until I logged on here.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Can you please explain how that poster, who posted only the reported description of the shooter is in anyway, ANYWAY, hating whites people on purpose.?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Here is a link to the twitter feed.

Twitter updates.
edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago02America/Chicago229pmSaturday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago02America/Chicago229amSunday12 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
Craziness. Stay safe, folks on that side of the state... Hopefully they get the guy soon, preferably with nonlethal methods so they can find out why he went off his rocker. However, between the seemingly regular use of lethal force and just how those things go down, I bet that's unlikely.

He killed a little kid. I DGAF how they stop him now, so long as they just stop him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join