It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen King's It being remade...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Since Deadpool is doing so well they have changed "It" to a rated-r flick

'It' Remake to Terrify Audiences With an R-Rating

www.complex.com...

edit on 20-2-2016 by buckwhizzle because: To make it look more snazzy

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The only clown to ever freak me out really, but I was about 6 when I saw the mini series, never seen it since.

I wouldn't mind a remake, as long as they genuinely try to terrify me and get my blood pumping, which most modern horror completely fails at, I'd be up for it.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Apparently it is going for an R rating, so it will hopefully be a more faithful adaptation. I just hope they show Ben's lone encounter with pennywise and the messed up house that the kids go into, which were not present in the mini series.

www.upcominghorrormovies.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

You remind me of something.

It's been years since I've read the book and seen the film. But I specifically remember this scene from the book, and don't remember it being in the movie itself. But I think it was Ben who got caught in this weird dimension or something. Yet the remarks running through his mind were awesome and hilarious. I always think about that. Would love to see it.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I cannot see how they can cram a 1,000+ page manuscript into a two part feature length film. It really needs to be a 8-10 part miniseries on HBO or Showtime to do this novel any justice.

edit on 21-2-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PhantomOrion

***minor spoiler for the novel***

Ben had an encounter with a "bird" at a grain silo I believe.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: PhantomOrion

Me neither, though maybe it's because I read the book first. With horror in particular it's tough for a movie to replicate what one's own mind can create - especially the more abstract scenes like Pennywise in the gutter about to rip Billy's arm off, or the scene with the bird.

I'm curious how the film version of Dark Tower will turn out - much more filmable imo.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It was Mike that had the encounter with the bird, not Ben. Just started reading it again.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Yes, a remake would be great with Guillermo del Toro directing...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Thank you for clearing that up guys. Maybe I should also do the same. Re-read the book.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I cannot see how they can cram a 1,000+ page manuscript into a two part feature length film. It really needs to be a 8-10 part miniseries on HBO or Showtime to do this novel any justice.

That would definitely be the BEST solution, for just about any long novel. It needs to be a hard R treatment, vs. the made for TV route. At least that would be a worthy remake of it.

Let's face it, King's short stories are better, because he's always had a problem with endings (only rarely does this go well, and usually, when he DOESN'T try to tie it all up....).

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

We all know the movie industry is a little crazy, just take Lord of the Rings trilogy vs The Hobbit, you've got the trilogy split into 3 films with a tonne of stuff missed out or altered with Lord of the Rings that could easily have been 6 films due to the amount that's in the books, then you've got The Hobbit which is a relatively short and simple story split into 3 films with stuff added for no other reason than "Peter Jackson" and other things altered.

It's all down to the director and studio to a larger part to decide based on money what gets done regardless of common sense or if it does the material it's sourcing any justice unfortunately

top topics

<< 1   >>

join