It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scalia Death Suspicious "We discovered the judge in bed, a pillow over his head."

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Agree, that makes sense.

No matter the reason, a decoy was not needed. Even if there were 300 reporters. What does it matter if the reporters took pics of the casket he was transported in? We all saw it at his funeral anyway.

Makes no sense to me unless there was some other reason than 'decoy' for that hearse.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

So why use a hearse from Alpine and not from Marfa? Marfa has a perfectly good funeral home that does embalming. Do they know someone in Alpine?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Imagine the uproar if Scalia was actually killed by an illegal on the property or on the ranch staff.
Certainly wouldn't want that getting out.
Might also explain the Border Patrol showing up.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

So why use a hearse from Alpine and not from Marfa? Marfa has a perfectly good funeral home that does embalming. Do they know someone in Alpine?

I'm going to put a scenario out there. If someone knows for a fact that Guevara never saw the body, please correct me. I mean, other than what was reported as stated.

Ok, so I am going back to that language Guevara said the U.S. Marshal used:

"It's not necessary for you to come, Judge. If you’re going to ask for an autopsy, that’s what we need to clarify."

I still think the Marshal said this:

"It's not necessary for you to come, Judge, if you’re going to ask for an autopsy. That’s what we need to clarify."

'They' built in this wiggle room to shift blame onto a miscommunication if backlash warranted a shift of blame.

MAYBE Guevara did go see the body. And maybe she felt like an autopsy was warranted from what she saw. But the Marshals nixed that idea...so she wanted to leave without anyone knowing she had been there...in the decoy hearse. Sent on her way back to Alpine in that hearse.

That way, if anything came up and someone reported something unusual about the body at a later time, she could simply say she never saw the body and took the word of the U.S. Marshal that all was kosher and it looked like natural causes.

That's one possible scenario.

edit on 29-2-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
For readers who are confused:

In Presidio County it is NOT standard procedure to flush body fluids down the drain due to the high water table and risk of contamination to the county's water. So there is another procedure that is done, which might involve saving the fluid.

El Paso is not in Presidio county and it IS standard procedure to wash body fluids down the drain, which is where Sunset Funeral Home is and where Scalia's body was taken.

It is Texas law that a body has to be embalmed before it can leave the state.

edit on 29-2-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Thanks for posting that. I should've reiterated that background in my post.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

For readers who are confused:

In Presidio County it is NOT standard procedure to flush body fluids down the drain due to the high water table and risk of contamination to the county's water. So there is another procedure that is done, which might involve saving the fluid.

El Paso is not in Presidio county and it IS standard procedure to wash body fluids down the drain, which is where Alpine Funeral Home is and where Scalia's body was taken.

It is Texas law that a body has to be embalmed before it can leave the state.

I think this is a VERY important fact. And I bet they knew this already IF Scalia was assassinated.

So, I wonder still if the decoy hearse was about something else. Getting someone off the property without them being seen.

What local may have been at the ranch that definitely did not want anyone knowing s/he was ever there?

Guevara.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Imagine the uproar if Scalia was actually killed by an illegal on the property or on the ranch staff.
Certainly wouldn't want that getting out.
Might also explain the Border Patrol showing up.

Yes, like Scalia caught an employee in his room stealing. The doors only lock from the inside.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I'm going to put a scenario out there. If someone knows for a fact that Guevara never saw the body, please correct me. I mean, other than what was reported as stated.

Ok, so I am going back to that language Guevara said the U.S. Marshal used:

"It's not necessary for you to come, Judge. If you’re going to ask for an autopsy, that’s what we need to clarify."

I still think the Marshal said this:

"It's not necessary for you to come, Judge, if you’re going to ask for an autopsy. That’s what we need to clarify."

'They' built in this wiggle room to shift blame onto a miscommunication if backlash warranted a shift of blame.

MAYBE Guevara did go see the body. And maybe she felt like an autopsy was warranted from what she saw. But the Marshals nixed that idea...so she wanted to leave without anyone knowing she had been there...in the decoy hearse. Sent on her way back to Alpine in that hearse.

That way, if anything came up and someone reported something unusual about the body at a later time, she could simply say she never saw the body and took the word of the U.S. Marshal that all was kosher and it looked like natural causes.

That's one possible scenario.

I don't know...If there weren't any reporters (as far as I know it was only San Antonio news that showed up) then she wouldn't be too worried about being seen. The staff at the ranch would already know she was there.

I think we're close, but just out of reach...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I don't know...If there weren't any reporters (as far as I know it was only San Antonio news that showed up) then she wouldn't be too worried about being seen. The staff at the ranch would already know she was there.

I think we're close, but just out of reach...

Was there ranch staff that viewed the goings-on?

I still can't shake the idea that there is one person who definitely wanted everyone to know that she was not at that ranch to view the body. If anyone might have been able to arrive before reporters BUT then needed to leave without any reporters seeing her, it's Guevara. Even if it was one reporter, she would not want to take that chance.

And Alpine is where she was when she was called about Scalia's death.

If she needed to get back to her car without being seen...a decoy hearse trip to Alpine would be ideal.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I wonder if that decoy hearse actually went back to Alpine. Maybe someone who didn't want to be seen with Scalia's body rode ahead to El Paso in that hearse. You know, someone to make sure the embalming process went smoothly.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I wonder if that decoy hearse actually went back to Alpine. Maybe someone who didn't want to be seen with Scalia's body rode ahead to El Paso in that hearse. You know, someone to make sure the embalming process went smoothly.

I assumed they knew it was from Alpine because that's where it returned.

I don't know that though now that you mention it.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

The SUV's logo that accompanied the hearse
was Alpine funeral home.

But I think I remember dianajune posting one of her articles that stated it was weird that an Alpine hearse drove to El Paso.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Can I just rant for a second?

Does anybody else want to scream: "What better/more convenient conservative SCOTUS justice to OFF than the one with the age and health conditions of Scalia? What easier target to NOT raise unsurmountable questions than him?"

His frigging health issues just make me more skeptical.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This will be kind of a multi part reply, catching up on the thread after a hiatus...

jimmyx, instead of throwing around opinion, why don't you help us see where we are wrong and linking us some facts which contradict what we are discussing. Anything which you can use to show us a correction will be more than welcome.

Okay, here's how San Antonio broke the news:

www.poynter.org...

It took 2 hours from receiving the tip to getting the second confirmation at 3:00pm. So the tip came in around 1:00. They didn't find him until after 11:00. Guevara didn't pronounce Scalia dead until 1:52pm. Marshals didn't arrive until 2:30 and story was confirmed at 3:00.

So the hearse must have just arrived before the reporter.

Looking at the above timeline, where does this fit:

@cnn Have you heard the story about Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia dying in his sleep? Can you confirm?
#ScaliaDeath
1:59 PM - 13 Feb 2016

link

The body of the Supreme Court justice was moved to an El Paso funeral home early Sunday.
The body was driven from Marfa and arrived around 2:30 a.m. at Sunset Funeral Homes, according to spokesman Chris Lujan.

Lujan said the funeral home was chosen by family of the justice, and at the advice of a family friend.

Source is article in OP.

The body went to Marfa before it went to El Paso, it didn't go straight from the ranch...

Someone mentioned the structure found on google maps:

The yellow oval is the resort, the red is what I noticed odd:

Here is is looking south with the map tilted:

Google map link

Ok, back to re-reading...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Yeah, the El Paso hearse was the second hearse though? I assumed the 'decoy' led the reportER to Alpine.

I don't know that though. I was trying to find that, just now. I did see that only the LA Times had the decoy story from a guy named 'George E. Van Etten.' He is PR for the Ranch!

Weird, right there, to me. Ranch PR is feeding this story, not law enforcement or someone official?

But it is not clear where that decoy hearse went.

I also see that it was a VAN (not a hearse) that delivered Scalia's body to El Paso. So, it sounds like it's anyone's guess, right now, where the decoy hearse went.

I would think a decoy hearse would not be sent from a fake place to the real funeral home if it was meant to throw off reportER. *lol*

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Did you notice, too, that there is a dirt road that essentially leads directly to the border?

A very narrow section of river crosses in that area of border.

How do they guard that? I guess this isn't clear to me. You can literally trace what looks to be a dirt road all the way from the border to the frigging ranch.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Now THAT'S interesting. Went to Marfa first. I wonder why?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'm going to have to go back through the thread. There are some things I'm forgetting, LOL.
edit on 29-2-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I don't get why they would be that worried about reporters. The entire county only has about 7500 people. How many reporters could there be on a federal holiday weekend!? I don't think that "decoy" hearse was a decoy at all.

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join