It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia and Turkey prepare for Syrian invasion, expect 'massive escalation'.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kitana
a reply to: vjr1113

Honestly, Russia has the moral upperhand here. Syria was a sovereign nation

not when he started killing protesters, barrel bombing civilians, torturing pows. Assad has war crime charges now. he's given up his rights to lead a nation. i dont think anyone would support Obama if he ever did that.

like i said, ISIS is really irrelevant here, just because he hates ISIS like everyone else does doesnt mean he can do what he wants to protesters.
edit on 13-2-2016 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

No. Some of the people of Turkey love Erdogan, but a very large number of Turkish citizens loathe Erdogan and his political party.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

And the good old USA never does those things.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: aarys

explain yourself.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapriti

Your source is? Mine, well i'm talking to them right now.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Are you talking with every Turkish citizen in the world?

If so, you are a credible source. If not, well, you are not.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

How much of that do we really believe, honestly? I don't think he did half of that. They were screaming wanting him out well before all the propaganda started, and Assad has done nothing but say he didn't do most of what he has been accused of.

I think we have been propagandised to death here, and we need to take both sides and what they are saying into consideration. There is a middle ground here that is the truth, and that middle ground says that a countries leader has to have some right to protect the country, even against it citizenry.

If there was an uprising in this country, a very serious one paid for by other countries who wanted to meddle in this countries politics, our military protects against ALL enemies, both foreign and domestic.

Can you imagine if this was your country? Funds and arms pouring into the country to extremist groups in order to take the government out? What would you want to see done?

I for one would want the government to protect against all enemies, both foreign and domestic. What if it was your country and the communists were trying to take it over and it was being paid for by all these other nations? In this case, the extremists wanted to take over to implement sharia over the people and take away religious freedom, or at least take away anything that wasn't second class citizenship for all minorities.

I would fight against that in a heart beat, and I think Assad had every right to fight against the same.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I suspect you are being a little disingenuous. The fractures in Turkish society are well known and documented in everything from the old CIA handbook on Turkey to Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

how many innocents have died since 2001, because of good old USA. how many innocents were tortured in Iraq, with out of controlled bullying, house to house invasions. I could go on all day about the west and there devilish ways

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

" The wave of Arab uprisings that began with the Tunisian revolution of January 2011 reached Syria in mid-March, when residents of the small southern town of Dara’a took to the streets to protest the torture of students who had put up anti-government graffiti. The unrest spread to other parts of the country. Protesters demand reforms, the ouster of President Bashar al-Assad, allowing political parties, equal rights for Kurds, and broad political freedoms, such as freedom of the press, speech and assembly. The Syrian government has made several concessions, though widely considered trivial by protesters. On 21 April, the government formally declared the repeal of an emergency law that had been in place since 1963 and which allowed the government sweeping authority to suspend constitutional rights. The same month the Syrian government launched the first of what became a series of crackdowns, sending tanks into restive cities as security forces opened fire on demonstrators."

Arab spring

i understand civil war means just that, war. I cant defend Assad's actions that escalated tensions.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: 23432

Saudi Arabia + Qatar are one of the cofounders of ISIS and their main funders. Turkey funds ISIS as well.

How are Turks and Kurds not enemies when the Kurds fight for the independent nation has been going on since the 1920's? And why is Turkey aiming at Kurds on their latest attack?

Since when does turkey have a nuclear weapon? I must have missed the memo.

I see war as the only way for erDOG to stop ruling.

Saudis & Qatars are infidels to be beheaded according to DAESH . Turks don't fund DAESH ; worst you can accuse the Turks is their support of Free Syrian Army .

in 1920's the Kurds declared that Turks & Kurds are a one nation and should be treated as such by Western Powers . [Lord Curzon was the recepient of this Declaration ]

Current Turkish Parliament has over 100 Kurdish MP's in Parliament and at last 10 ministerial positions are being held by Kurds.
Kurds did become Presidents and Prime Ministers in Turkey and %85 of Kurds consistently vote for Erdogan's government .
Kurds are not being targeted in the latest attack ; it is YPG , a terrorist organisation is targeted .
It is really obvious whoever is feeding you this #e is not doing you any favours ; you are ignorantly self contradicting yourself but you are not even aware of your own conundrum .

Let me ask you a simple question ; If most Kurds are voting for Erdogan - which they are - and if you insult Erdogan - which you do - then what exactly your message is to Kurds ?

That they are stupid ?

You think you know better then Kurds themselves ?

And if Turks are bombing Kurds then why Kurds are migrating towards Turkish cities ?

Seriously , you need to drop the ignorance and look at the Data before you .

Otherwise you are risking bigotry .

edit on 13-2-2016 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Wont be long now.. THE END IS NIGH!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: aarys

how many innocents died in 9/11?

i am against any kind of torture. basically you're against the Iraq war? im with you. unfortunately we have conservatives that we cant get rid of, yet.if youre gonna say, wrong fixes wrong, thats terrorist logic. thats why Israel and Palestine cant stop fighting.

furthermore to say we should have left Saddam to do what he wants is terrible. so please go on about western imperialism, let's break it down.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I can. Look how well the arab spring turned out for all these countries. Look at Libya, Look at Egypt. The Arab spring is run by extremists, it is how the extremists are taking power.

Remember, the peaceful ones are always irrelevant in light of the extremists. They will stop at nothing, and they were flooding into Syria on top of the ones who were already there. We got propagandized to death and fed lies on top of lies to support the funding of these guys.

In Egypt the military had to take power in order to get the extremists out. Libya is an absolute mess, so much worse off than it was. I don't know how Tunisia is fairing, but most of these countries this arab spring was taken over by the extremists, and they did a huge power grab in each and every country.

Assad faced no different, the only difference there is that he knew better, he knew the extremists he faced in his own country and knew the trouble his country was in if he did not stop it early. His whole presidency was about getting rid of extremism in that country - and someday seeing a better day for all Syrians. Did he make some mistakes? Yes, but he is human and I believe he had every good intention for his people.

And in the end, that is what matters. He saw what happened in Libya and Egypt, and he was willing to fight like hell to keep it from happening there.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

the problem with reforming arab countries is that we let themselves do it. is it the west's fault the default political system is theocracy? because thats what ISIS is, militant theocracy. sure we could have reformed Lybia or Egypt to stamp out extremists like we did with germany or japan. but we chose not to, the middle east has to be reformed by Muslims.

its their own fault they let extremist come to power, and i dont understand how really considering they have as much US support as they're willing to take. lets look at iraq where they had full US support, it took about 10 years for them to start getting their act together.

the arab spring was an oppertunity for arab nations to reform their governments fundamentally, the US was always there willing to help.

i dont agree with the term necessary evil. Hitler had to go, so did Saddam, so does Assad. just because they can run a regime does not mean they have a right to do as they wish

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

What?

So, even though there is no one to come after the president the west chooses to overthrow, you go ahead and do it anyway just so you could secure precious oil and leave that country in a complete mess aka Libya. And you are okay with that?

Those terrorists that you call extremist couldn't had done ANYTHING if it weren't for the west to back them up. You really think otherwise?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

the arab spring wanst started by the west, it was started by arabs, hence the name arab spring. do you have sources that prove the US funds ISIS directly?

i only ask because were spending millions in fighting ISIS, so youre saying we fund ISIS then spend money fighting them? sounds like an illogical accusation.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

A new 'Cold War' has begun according to a news article on skynews today:

news.sky.com...

Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has said tensions between Moscow and the West have sent the world spiralling into a "new Cold War". Speaking at the Munich Security Conference, Mr Medvedev blamed US and European leaders for the souring of relations with Russia. "We have slid into a new period of Cold War," he warned. "Almost every day we are accused of making new horrible threats either against NATO as a whole, against Europe, or against the US or other countries."

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

What?

So, even though there is no one to come after the president the west chooses to overthrow, you go ahead and do it anyway just so you could secure precious oil and leave that country in a complete mess aka Libya. And you are okay with that?

Those terrorists that you call extremist couldn't had done ANYTHING if it weren't for the west to back them up. You really think otherwise?

I think someone who suggests that a person supporting religious freedom and defending minorities against nut job extremists is like Hitler, then there simply is not much to say.

Propaganda works, because people allow media to control their minds instead of investigating and looking for all sides to a story.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The Kurds wouldn't be very loyal to Russia,they regularly use American and British volunteers.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join