It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia and Turkey prepare for Syrian invasion, expect 'massive escalation'.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Gog meet Magog

The End.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Ever notice how you have a slant towards Russia being the bad guy and being in unwinnable positions all the time ?

It is high time for the world to say, WHO CARES.

And seriously, the unraveling of all the so-called relationships you imagine that are so tight, is happening even now.

The people could care less about who nukes who, please stop pretending things aren't going according to plan.

Not plans made by Russia either.

Russia this, Russia that,

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Heres todays news.....
news.yahoo.com...
Its crunch time and the masks are coming off ........

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
all i see is turkey and saudi s couldn't out assage using their isis puppets and the so called friendly guerrillas so they have decided they must root out their isis forces and assage to if he gets in way wink wunk . all so they can get a pipeline to med and europe. we americas need to pull out of region and let them morons poking the bear find out what happens when he wakes up!

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The Saudis are losing heavily in Yemen by the rebels. So far the Saudis haven't attacked Islaamists positions in Yemen.

How do they expect to send troops to Syria knowing public opinion is shifting towards and agaisnt the Saudis aggression in Yemen?
edit on 14-2-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
a reply to: MrSpad

Ever notice how you have a slant towards Russia being the bad guy and being in unwinnable positions all the time ?

It is high time for the world to say, WHO CARES.

And seriously, the unraveling of all the so-called relationships you imagine that are so tight, is happening even now.

The people could care less about who nukes who, please stop pretending things aren't going according to plan.

Not plans made by Russia either.

Russia this, Russia that,

I have being reading the Guardian and other western news outlets the majority of readers arent being fooled anymore they are believing Russia more then they are believing the Western news media POV.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
‏@RT_com
US urges Turkey to stop shelling Kurdish and Syrian forces on.rt.com...

US wants to come clean in case of Russo-Turk war. Forget about NATO article 5.
And forget about Turkey fighting Daesh.
edit on 14-2-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Syrian Kurdish party rejects Turkish demands, warns against intervention.

He added that if Turkey intervened in Syria they would find "the entire Syrian people confronting them".

Thats right, if Turkey and Saudis have any guts to enter military a majority of Syrians would be confronting them both not just Turkey. Turkey and Saudis have being warned.
edit on 14-2-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
‏@Conflicts
YPG refutes Turkish claims: “We haven’t fired a single bullet against the Turkish state” - @4rj1n

‏@Conflicts
BREAKING: Saudi Foreign Minister:"Russia will fail in protecting Bashar al-Assad" - @ZeinakhodrAljaz

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I'm not anymore sure there are only 2 alliances in this deal. I have to agree with those who don't threat Saudis and Turks as american puppets. I feel like the Saudi Arab League is a response to lack of action from the USA-led coalition and while both states share common interests in the region, they are pursuing their own interdependent foreign policy.

And I'm not sure Israel would be happy to see thousands of arab militias proceeding to its borders which complicates the relations between the coalitions. In fact Israel is probably a meeting point for Russia and West, but is in conflict with russian arab and iranian ties. It's a big mess.

Turkey has the mean of blackmailing EU with refugees and NATO with involvment in direct conflict with Russia. Despite an aggression in Syria would spare Turkey from art. 5, the tensions would rise to an unprecedented level. Nor you can kick an ally like Turkey from NATO, because you'd need to also disarm it of those nukes and secure the military assets of the alliance.

So far we have shells from Turkish territory against Syrian one. They surely don't want to test the reliability of the S-400 and Su-35 and whatever else is deployed there. However what happens if turkish shells shot from Turkey end up blowing some russian squad? Would russian be allowed to bomb them without sparking a NATO intervention? I'm not sure at all, so this gives a sort of advantage to Turkey, but I don't see how they can try a direct military action wheter by plane or ground troops without suffering heavy casualties. In fact I think this is what Putin's waiting for.

p.s.
This morning I was reading an article in veteran's today, that I can't find anymore, talking about Saudi deploying tactical nukes in Incirlik and Obama removing nuclear bombers.
Since Turkey couldn't use NATO nukes in any case I don't find it unreasonable, given the OP title promises escalation. Since the source isn't very reliable and I can't link you what I was reading, does anyone read any speculation about this?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
‏@Conflicts
YPG refutes Turkish claims: “We haven’t fired a single bullet against the Turkish state” - @4rj1n

‏@Conflicts
BREAKING: Saudi Foreign Minister:"Russia will fail in protecting Bashar al-Assad" - @ZeinakhodrAljaz

LOL Saudi Foreign Minister is comical. More hotair really, are they aware of the so many losses in Yemen?

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mastronaut
I'm not anymore sure there are only 2 alliances in this deal. I have to agree with those who don't threat Saudis and Turks as american puppets. I feel like the Saudi Arab League is a response to lack of action from the USA-led coalition and while both states share common interests in the region, they are pursuing their own interdependent foreign policy.

And I'm not sure Israel would be happy to see thousands of arab militias proceeding to its borders which complicates the relations between the coalitions. In fact Israel is probably a meeting point for Russia and West, but is in conflict with russian arab and iranian ties. It's a big mess.

Turkey has the mean of blackmailing EU with refugees and NATO with involvment in direct conflict with Russia. Despite an aggression in Syria would spare Turkey from art. 5, the tensions would rise to an unprecedented level. Nor you can kick an ally like Turkey from NATO, because you'd need to also disarm it of those nukes and secure the military assets of the alliance.

So far we have shells from Turkish territory against Syrian one. They surely don't want to test the reliability of the S-400 and Su-35 and whatever else is deployed there. However what happens if turkish shells shot from Turkey end up blowing some russian squad? Would russian be allowed to bomb them without sparking a NATO intervention? I'm not sure at all, so this gives a sort of advantage to Turkey, but I don't see how they can try a direct military action wheter by plane or ground troops without suffering heavy casualties. In fact I think this is what Putin's waiting for.

p.s.
This morning I was reading an article in veteran's today, that I can't find anymore, talking about Saudi deploying tactical nukes in Incirlik and Obama removing nuclear bombers.
Since Turkey couldn't use NATO nukes in any case I don't find it unreasonable, given the OP title promises escalation. Since the source isn't very reliable and I can't link you what I was reading, does anyone read any speculation about this?

The article isn't reablie i saw it as well i believe was the article from last month?

Turkey has the mean of blackmailing EU

Turkey is already doing a fine job blackmailing Germany and Weak Merkel.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

Syrian government says Turkish shelling of Syrian territory is "direct Turkish support for terrorist groups"-state TV - @LBCI_News_EN

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
‏@LBCI_News_EN
#PYD leader Muslim says #Syrian people will confront any #Turkish intervention in country

@LBCI_News_EN
Kurdish leader Muslim tells Reuters air base was under control of al Qaeda-linked Nusra Front until Kurdish-allied forces captured it

Putin, Obama agree on cooperation to implement #Syria agreement | w.lbcgroup.tv... | #Russia #US

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This solidifies who the bribes came from to get us involved in Syria.

Hilarious.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

You are absolutely right. What the US and its allies are doing in Syria is madness. Its the equivalent of having Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs deciding to take over America by force and then Russia backing the Gangs with military support to ensure they succeed.

Iraq, Libya and Syria were not homes to a mass of radical Islamic terrorists because anyone that was radical was seen as a threat to the ruling party and was in jail.

I fear the West is not going to be on the right side of history when this over because there is no legitimate reason for this attempt at regime change. Furthermore, it does not take a lot of intelligence to predict the ramifications of removing Assad given we have two very recent examples in Iraq and Libya.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
There are reports circulating that Jihadist groups are attacking villages in the Kurdish Afrin Canton under Turkish cover fire.

The Kurds and the SDF have pledged to defend themselves from any attacks, as noted by another poster above.

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'm seeing reports that the US urges Turkey to refrain from attacking, but the come from RT. Is there any other source reporting this?

edit: found this on the wsj (behind paywall):
www.wsj.com...
edit on 14 2 2016 by Mastronaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mastronaut
I'm seeing reports that the US urges Turkey to refrain from attacking, but the come from RT. Is there any other source reporting this?

edit: found this on the wsj (behind paywall):
www.wsj.com...

Yeah. They told Turkey to stop firing on the Kurds. They also told the Kurds to stop seizing land in the Aleppo corridor.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Situation map of Aleppo region pbs.twimg.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join