It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia and Turkey prepare for Syrian invasion, expect 'massive escalation'.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Saudi Arabian troops and military equipment have been transported to Turkey's Incirlik base, ahead of reports that both countries are planning an invasion of Syria. The countries intend to fight ISIS while also maintaining as a priority, the removal of Syrian president Bashar al-Assad.

Russia has warned against any such operations, and the USA stated that the Syrian government must uphold its promises if it doesn't want to see the possibility of ground troops entering the country.

Turkey declares that there will be a 'massive escalation' in Syria within the next 24 hours, and it is currently shelling Kurdish positions in the Aleppo province.

Update:

Russia has been dropping bombs on the strategic town of Tal Rifaat, north of Aleppo. The Kurdish YPG and the SDF are moving to take the town, which is in rebel/jihadist hands.

Sources:

goo.gl...

news.yahoo.com...

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

edit on 13-2-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

If it's on yahoo and twitter they already have begun.

This really could blow up if Russia doesn't like it.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Been watching this bubble up......not sure if it was real....
The prep Turkey has made on the border (announced by Russia days ago)......must be for real....
Suspicions heightened over the last week with both countries mumbling about foreign troops in Syria....(and their willingness to be the troops)....
Its gonna get really dicey and im not at all sure they can pull this off without the war going nuclear at a later turn.....
Israel will be on extreme alert to deploy the "Sampson Option", should they get the chance to.....or get pressed....

I guess the Kurds are going under the bus do ya think?
Not without a stiff fight im sure.....
Turkey shelling Mannagh air base....

edit on 13-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

It's scary knowing how the world has gone to hell in a hand basket. I just wish there was a peaceful way of sorting out all these wars but I know that reality says otherwise because of all the disagreements and egos.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

If it's on yahoo and twitter they already have begun.

This really could blow up if Russia doesn't like it.

Apparently Russia has scrambled some jets around the Aleppo area after reports of the Kurdish YPG and the SDF being hit by Turkish fire. Turkish jets were flying around the border area earlier too.

I hope cooler heads prevail, because this can get out of hand very quickly. Russia won't let the Syrian government fall, but Turkey and Saudi Arabia have already invested so much into the rebels. It will be interesting to see who blinks first.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Does America have to get involved in this at all? Would our oil supplies be threatened by this kind of regime change or are we just world policing?
edit on 13-2-2016 by Esoterotica because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Syrian army just kicked in the door to Raqqa......

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Light blue touchpaper and stand well back.
This could get messy.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica
Does America have to get involved in this at all? Would our oil supplies be threatened by this kind of regime change or are we just world policing?

More the latter, oil is priced as it should be, the world was duped for a decade or so by OPEC

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I think Russia will push for a Kurdish State soon, partially in Syria but also partially in Turkey. It will be a blow to NATO if it can happen, and yes I think 100% Putin wants to see a Kurdish State.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This will be our generations version of the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in 1914 to kick start WW3

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Kerry's little ceasefire speech seems more than a little silly now.

Pray the US stays the hell out of it, although Turkey being NATO and S.A. being the protected stepchild of the U.S. makes involvement seem inevitable.

Sobering times we live in

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If there's something that can spark a bigger conflict in Syria is the Saudi-turkish direct intervention. This is no good news

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
This will be our generations version of the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in 1914 to kick start WW3

I'm not seeing that similarity or comparison at all. Care to elaborate?

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teddy916

It's scary knowing how the world has gone to hell in a hand basket. I just wish there was a peaceful way of sorting out all these wars but I know that reality says otherwise because of all the disagreements and egos.

The world has pretty much always been at war.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

A trigger to snowball the world into all out war

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Pray the US stays the hell out of it, although Turkey being NATO and S.A. being the protected stepchild of the U.S. makes involvement seem inevitable.

Well as far as NATO if Turkey starts a fight NATO isn't obligated to help them...meaning they are on their own.

As for Saudi Arabia...they do as they please whether the US likes it or not.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

It just won't happen. Russia is big and bad and tough, but not stupid. Same goes for America. Nukes will not fly anytime soon.

It really is a trigger though, I think instead of a world war, soon there will be a map war. Russia and Iran will make claim that failed ME states such as Iraq and Afghanistan should be placed under a "proper" authority. I think the middle-east is about to be carved up like a Turkey on thanksgiving (pun intended)

Where that negotiation goes...well THAT may cause ww3

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Too many dictatorships are becoming involved which is not a great recipe for success at any level.

If this is true, then it will have massive ramifications, for all sides.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Russia is big and bad and tough,

Not like they were...which is why you see them mentioning use of nukes as much as they have lately.

When your military is strong you don't have to discuss use of nukes, but when they aren't you do.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join