It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

death( do you actually care?)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley never said about ceasing to experiencing pain,death is a certainty but i still want to go out feeling none if possible.i may not fear death but when i go i wouldn,t mind going painlessly.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I am not afraid of being dead but I will avoid it if at all possible.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

However, there is one thing that does bother me. There is a philosophy that states some people live the same exact life over and over and over, till they get it right. That scares the holy s*#t out of me.
a reply to: liveandlearn

Or you may have to come back and experience being homeless, mentally ill, bullied, discriminated against, just so you can experience their feelings and emotions so you can advance to the next level of spirituality.
Some say you have a choice of coming back! Hell no, one time around is good enough for me.

edit on 8-2-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

i like to think my fate is already written on the tapestry of time so i enjoy everyday, almost.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Death? No. The manner of my dying? Maybe. There are lots of ways to die and not all of them are easy.

I also don't want to think about the distress of those I will leave behind. I know how I feel about losing the ones who have already passed on. I'd hate to be the source of that kind of pain.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I do care
I think it's a phobia
I am terrified of dying
I always think of me on the dying bed thinking how much I could have done .. Enjoying life .. But did none of that and now it's sooo late

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Death befalls on ATS.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Like Woody Allen - I'm not afraid of dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Didn't anyone tell you? NO ONE gets out of life alive....

In all seriousness, I don't fear death either. I feel ambivalence towards it for the same reason as you. If it's my time, it will happen.

However... Literally being at death's door does have a way of changing your perspective. I've literally stood on the precipice of death...more than once. As you are fading away into black nothingness with a certain knowledge that you are dying, suddenly you may realize that you don't WANT to die. I didn't seek death. And I wasn't scared of death. But I did realize that I wasn't READY to die. I feel the fact that I came back is an unexplained miracle. Even though death was certain, I didn't die.

Just be aware that there IS a difference. It's not always about fear.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

That scares the holy s*#t out of me.

Aaaw, man, don't be scared. No matter how many times your exact life has been repeated, you will only know of one. The pissah would be knowing about them all at the same time.

You wouldn't know how bad this one has been. To think I may make the same mistakes, even some of them, sends nothing but dread through me.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Its what makes life so special, but Im not looking forward to it.

Anybody looking forward to the after life? Thats what I call faith. 😃

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko no matter what .You are going to be that source of pain at some point,maybe letting them know what you think before can ease it a bit. i already had an illness that could have took me sooner than i was suppose to go but i let everyone know i was happy and didn,t want no sadness if i went, i will say tho before that i still had no fear of death,don,t want people thinking just cause i faced death thats why i don,t fear it now.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

However, there is one thing that does bother me. There is a philosophy that states some people live the same exact life over and over and over, till they get it right. That scares the holy s*#t out of me.

Or you may have to come back and experience being homeless, mentally ill, bullied, discriminated against, just so you can experience their feelings and emotions so you can advance to the next level of spirituality.
Some say you have a choice of coming back! Hell no, one time around is good enough for me.

And who's to say I haven't already experienced that? Not homeless...just went from family to family trying to grow up and graduate. How's multiple episodes of depression? Never understood discrimination and challenged my grandmother when she said we were better. Doesn't mean this is the only life we have lived multiple times.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gabriel69

I do care
I think it's a phobia
I am terrified of dying
I always think of me on the dying bed thinking how much I could have done .. Enjoying life .. But did none of that and now it's sooo late

Many years ago I had a wreck...a speeding car knocked me into someone's yard. As I saw it was about to hit, I said to myself "so this is how I die" and had such a peace about it. Think when the time comes we get the ticket to board the train and it is relief.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Anybody looking forward to the after life?

Hell yeah, I'm sick of having to travel everywhere.

Thought, now that's the way to travel.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

You wouldn't know how bad this one has been.

Listen friend, I have stories that would make you cry in your soup - everyone has - but that doesn't mean we'd come back to make the same mistakes. We've already made those, so more than likely we'd have new mistakes to make and learn from.

Don't sweat the little stuff.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

youve just grown old stubborn and cynical, typical old person behavior.

Hmmmph, I resemble that remark !!

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

I can appreciate what you said. You can make mistakes but question is do we really learn from them. Do we learn enough to prevent the carry over to another life?

years ago...and it changed my thinking and beliefs entirely, i read a verse in the bible (when I was a believer) that said "He who knows to do right and does it not to him it is sin'" I took that to mean that when you know( and by know it is something you deeply believe within your being) and you make the error again it is sin...only for you.

So how deeply have we integrated these mistakes into our being is the question.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Well, it is not that you simply do not care!

You know that death is a fact of life, that it happens, that there is as yet no cure for that state, and therefore, since it can happen to anyone, at any time, there is little use in obsessing over it. You simply choose to spend your time and minds resources on things that you can affect. That is pragmatism, not internal death, a willingness to embrace life, rather than fail to live it through fear of its ending. She's got you pegged wrong on this one!

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The only aspect of death I'm most afraid of would be suffering before I died. ie: car crash, being burned alive, drowning, or anything else that would require you to suffer before you actually died.

I'm still torn about wanting to live for 100+ years, or just die young. So I kind of care and I kind of don't.
edit on 2/9/2016 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join