It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

death( do you actually care?)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
am i alone in not actually caring? may seem mcarbe but to me if it happens it happens and theres no point in worrying about it,my fiancee thinks i,m dead inside cause my attitude to death is its going to happen to us all so why get upset about it.

i lost my dad 15 years ago yesterday and she was still going on about are you not upset,i wasn,t cause its been 15 years and i,ve dealt with it,i know i,m in the driving seat towards it as well so why even worry? its going to hit us all.

she thinks i,m a freak cause i don,t seem to care about death, i ask am i a freak for just accepting the inevitable?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

Its nothing to worry about because its not the end anyways...

Just the next step

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon mite be a next step but we,ll just need to wait and see.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I think you should turn it around on her and ask why she wants to marry someone she feels is dead inside

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Most folks casually want an easy answer to that question.

I stick with "it's all good".

Seeing more into something doesn't mean others do or care too, so why push?

I try to only push social things when I can see a real benefit to an individual....real as in they travel towards more inner peace as well, otherwise leave sleeping bears lye.

Cheers for your courage bringing the subject up.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23 lol why didn,t i even think of that? so obvious.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31
...my attitude to death is its going to happen to us all so why get upset about it.

4 out of 5 doctors may agree with you but I got the 5th one.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

No I don't care but then I am old. Sometimes I wonder why I am still here?

However, there is one thing that does bother me. There is a philosophy that states some people live the same exact life over and over and over, till they get it right. That scares the holy s*#t out of me.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

we humans may not always have a good reason for the feelings we have, but that doesnt mean its wise to neglect them, sometimes we want to ignore our feelings about something so we make up reasons and excuses. thats what your post sounds like. youve just grown old stubborn and cynical, typical old person behavior.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Death does not scare me.

The idea of loved ones feeling pain over my passing...that bothers me quite a bit.

The prospect of a prolonged ordeal, with pain...well, yes...that does...but the idea of death itself? I'm thinking... light switch.

What kills me are the studies going on into miracle fountain of youth treatments...even that one recently with the mice saying that scientist's have increased their lifespan by 35%.

No, I do not want an extra 35%.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Treespeaker

Most folks casually want an easy answer to that question.

I stick with "it's all good".

Seeing more into something doesn't mean others do or care too, so why push?

I try to only push social things when I can see a real benefit to an individual....real as in they travel towards more inner peace as well, otherwise leave sleeping bears lye.

Cheers for your courage bringing the subject up.

its the one thing everyone knows is going to happen, you can,t dodge it so no point in sugar coating it.

edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn i would hope that wasn,t true,actually i,m pretty sure 99% of people hope thats not true or most people will be in for the long run.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You have a fatalistic view of the world. Whatever we do in the end leads to our death. There isn't anything wrong with that view of the world, in fact, I respect it as a pragmatic view of our existence. Just keep in mind that it can also keep you from fully enjoying life.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
death? well, I dont like the idea of being dead, as I will no doubt miss some epic games, movies, and other stuff.

But ultimately, I wont care..because I will be dead. Now, the act of dying on the other hand..that frightens me. there is no good way to exit, so I would rather not I think if possible.

And again, back to once dead, unable to go check out the latest stuff I find very annoying..especially now since VR is finally starting in full earnest. Can you imagine the tech developed over 100 years

I love that I seen the computer go from this nearly pointless hobbiest nerd device to a must have for most people in my life, but I feel the truely great stuff is about to start in about 20-30 years and from there shoot into the sky of awesomeness...and the people who it will benefit will be born into it so wont have the contrast of experiences to see how truely amazing it is that the old and dead generations would have.

Life should be a thousand years...at least.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal your whole reply i could just put a tick against everything you said,reading my mind.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
See attached quotes

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

That scares the holy s*#t out of me.

Aaaw, man, don't be scared. No matter how many times your exact life has been repeated, you will only know of one. The pissah would be knowing about them all at the same time.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus if i don,t care about dying then i fail to see how that keeps me from fully enjoying my life.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX gave you a star just for ultimately i won,t care because i,ll be dead, life being a thousand years? god no.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Not fearing death is not a bad thing, in fact it can be very empowering. However, if you also cease to care about experiencing pain then that is a most liberating experience as well.

The problems begin when you start suspending your self-preservation mechanisms. If you get to that point, make sure that's what you want to do.

-dex

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join