It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Antichrist prophecy, it doesn't exist.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Let me be specific. As everyone guesses who is going to be THE Antichrist, churches especially, I wonder what the hell are they talking about?
If you ask anyone what book the Antichrist prophecy is in, as I am asking you now, almost every time the answer will be the book of Revelation.
But the book of Revelation doesn't use the term anti-christ or the Antichrist one time. Never. What every one is referring to is the Beast, take your pick there are a few Beasts, but usually it's the Beast666 that they mean.
antichrist or antichrists gets used 4 times in 1 John and 2 John. Ill show you:

1John 2:18-21 ...As you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now MANY antichrists HAVE COME. ...22 Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This IS the antichrist.
I Capitalized MANY to emphasize that there can be multiple antichrists, HAVE COME to emphasize that it isn't prophetical, same with IS, and notice they are talking about regular people not end times entities.
The other mentions are in 1 John 4:3 2 John 1:7 and don't prophecy an end times figure known as The Antichrist.

Revelation 13:18 is the 666 beast passage, and I just want to repeat the word is beast, there are a few of them, and the word antichrist is used in complete error, even by church leaders, which is ridiculous and should be embarrassing for them if the bible is so important to them. It's a silly error but should be pointed out nonetheless. I am sick of people saying "hes the antichrist", specifically the so called knowledgeable christians
It's hilarious actually, to be so inaccurate and have it catch on basically hiding in plain sight.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360

Have no fear, friend. There is no anti Christ - there's none of that. You only find those sort of concepts on the path of Fear. Fear or Love are the only two paths there are, and I hope you decide to (if you haven't already) step towards the Love, if it suits you. Good Luck.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Yes indeed, the term "antichrist" only appears in the epistles, and I did an analysis of John's definition last year;
What is an antichrist?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclownI'm not afraid, just thought I could inform a whole lot of people that it's biblically incorrect to speak of a prophesied antichrist, and that it is comically unknown to "serious" bible students who often speculate as to who the Antichrist might be. It is amazing to hear church Pastors do it too.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Anti-christ is technically not the right term. Man of Sin is more like it (sometimes referenced as the little horn or beast).

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4
“Let no one deceive you by any means; for that day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.”

Daniel 7:25
“He shall speak pompous words against the Most High, shall persecute the saints of the Most High, and shall intend to change times and law. Then the saints shall be given into his hand for a time and times and half a time.”

Matthew 4:15-22
“So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’a spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. 22“If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

Revelation 12:16-18
And it was given to it to give spirit to The Image of The Beast and to cause that all who would not worship the image of The Beast would be murdered. And it will cause all, small and great, rich and poor, Masters and Servants, to be given a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads That no one may buy or sell again except one who has the mark of the name of The Beast or the number of its name.

Revelation 13:5
“And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months.”

Revelation 19:20
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshiped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20:10
And their Seducer, The Devil, was cast into The Lake of Fire and Brimstone where The Beast and The False Prophet are, and they shall be tormented day and night for the eternity of eternities.

edit on 5-2-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

No dhit it ain't the right term, that's what I made this thread to say. Did you read the beginning?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Damn why not post all of Revelation? I'm talking about how everyone says antichrist when they mean Beast, and how pathetic it is. Your way off point letd get back on track.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
In the universe of Yin and Yang, there are five in a house, three against two, and two against three, the father against the son, the son against the father and each stand solitary,

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: areyousirius360
Damn why not post all of Revelation? I'm talking about how everyone says antichrist when they mean Beast, and how pathetic it is. Your way off point letd get back on track.

Uhh that is the point......or are you saying only folks that believe as you are welcome here ?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Excellent post . The term anti-Christ was used moreso as a term of the time and not for the evil one to come .Basically to describe the ones speaking out against the Christ. In the time of John , he spoke of an anti-christ. Today it is spoken of THE anti-christ. And you hear the term "the beast" spoken as much as you do "the anti-christ"
The exact verbage used in the title of the thread by the OP...THE ANTI-CHRIST

edit on 5-2-2016 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Generally, I hear the term thrown in with all the rest. It's a general description or one who is supposed to usurp and deceive many into thinking he is Christ or a messiah - hence the usage of anti-Christ. He's a counterfeit in a sense.

The usage of "the" is in respect to this one being the last one prior to the true return.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
No, pay attention, he agreed with me but thought he was correcting the. Why correct someone who you agree with? So I pointed it out.
Anybody can think anything they want and post it here. This post is about a single common error by people who claim knowledge of the bible, yet don't pay enough attention to notice an error that's in such common usage. It strikes me as Ironic and I want to point it out. But thanks.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Generally, I hear the term thrown in with all the rest. It's a general description or one who is supposed to usurp and deceive many into thinking he is Christ or a messiah - hence the usage of anti-Christ. He's a counterfeit in a sense.

The usage of "the" is in respect to this one being the last one prior to the true return.

Again , the term antichrist was used literally in John's time to describe anyone anti-christian. The teachings today summarize the beast into THE anti-christ .

Gee what am I doing here ? All this and I havent been a christian for well a long time now.

I guess I do remember though..

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

There is that usage too. However, who would be more anti-Christ and anti-Christian than the Beast in Revelation? We're talking Holocaust era measures on a Global Scale against everyone who refuses the NWO and new state religion which is the worship of the beast.

edit on 5-2-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Per the bible the term refers to human beings having antichrist "spirits" as in their spirit or soul is against christ. It's not a divine being it's just a term to describe enemies of Christ i.e. the church. It's use is erroneously applied to a single person who is demonic and the opposite of Christ. Or applied to prophecies it's not really in or about. It's a big error, and hilarious how few people are even aware that antichrist is not a word used in Revelation.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if YOU call the beast superman to me I'm going by what the bible actually says. Just because it's a neat word and the beast is no friend of Christ doesn't make it what he is. You are trying to dance out of the erroneous usage by saying it is applicable by definition but the bible disagrees with you as antichrists were human beings and the beast is a demon possessed like end times false prophet with powers. So the definition for the words are not the same, not even close.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Antichrist is used way more than beast. Only pop music and hip hop use beast because they know the difference. And it's always used subliminally or with a double meaning. Antichrist is used predominantly over beast in society.

edit on 5-2-2016 by areyousirius360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
And as far as this being the last one, ridiculous, the beast is the beast, one of 3 I believe, and is not one of or the last in a series of antichrists. Stop being an apologetic and just admit to its use being erroneous.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
In the universe of Yin and Yang, there are five in a house, three against two, and two against three, the father against the son, the son against the father and each stand solitary,

Good catch. The house divided; Christ vs anti-Christ. "For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to: cooperton

Very good, just nothing to do with the beast. Or yin and yang unless YOU make the connection.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join