It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Antichrist prophecy, it doesn't exist.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
All necessary evidence is IN the OP. There is not one person who can produce an Antichrist prophecy that is connected to the beast. That's all there is to it. No the Antichrist prophecy exists:fact you want to prove me wrong bust out the bible and show me.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: areyousirius360

Search your feeling Luke...You know it be it true!

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: areyousirius360
That's what christians do I didn't actually predict it but I knew it would happen.

The entire reason for this thread. Just another boring Anti-Christian one.
And with that , I leave you to your beliefs. Which are truly the only correct ones. Another legend in their own mind

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Good, so anti christian because it exposes your errors? Don't make stupid errors.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen
Thanks buy why am I Luke?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I like to see things is context an ot under ones own chosen Jerusalem version text.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

1 John 2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

the verse is questions is actually 22 and it says the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ, Messiah for you Hebrew nuts, he is anti-Christ. But there are two words in verse 18 anti-Christ and Anti-chirsts one is to an individual who shall come and the other are applied to those already here.

It does not say he is the Anti-Christ that shall come, (modern translatins say that is to come, or is to come) as seen in verse 18. John wrote Revelation before 1 John. Knowing this he mentions "that anti-Christ shall come" a future rerference of a MAN that shall come, who is the beast and that mans number is 666 as found in

Revelation 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
the beast is a man, see Daniel 9 also for the typology of this beast/man.

the OP has it all wrong.

edit on 5-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: areyousirius360
a reply to: Specimen
Thanks buy why am I Luke?
He is also known as gnosisisfaith/essence616/369elyon just to name a few

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I've never understood why Revelations was added to the bible. Jesus didn't say there were prophets to listen to after him did he? Wouldn't Jesus prophesize what was in Revelations in his own time? Think about it.
He said he would return, by the lifetime of the apostles generation, and that never happened :

Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near. Then He told them a parable: Behold the fig tree and all the trees; as soon as they put forth leaves, you see it and know for yourselves that summer is now near. So you also, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place.
(Luke 21:27-32)

I interpret revelations pertaining to the fall of Rome as well as the rantings of a 'prophet' that was conveniently used as a control in the gathering of new souls by the new church some centuries later when it was made biblical canon. The way it is was written, lands it at around 90AD. It has no place in the bible. It's just caused paranoia over millennia.

edit on 5-2-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

So the Beast and Christ are the best of buds and that's why the Beast will persecute those who follow Christ and those who refuse to worship him (the Beast)?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

It would depend on which generation "this generation" refers to. It could refer to the present generation, but it could also refer to the generation that witnesses those things - the fig tree fulfilling.

And it is that interpretation that has so many convinced this is the time of the End, because we are about one generation out from the sudden founding of Israel where it had not been for so long. Israel being the fig.

And given the current unrest in the Middle East, it certainly doesn't serve to lay those suspicions to rest.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

In your other thread you said and I quote " the NT is all Fiction" that being said then why are you starting a thread on what you believe to be a fictional subject?

Paul said that the Holy Ghost teaches by comparing spiritual to spiritual so compare Daniel 9, Rev 13 and 1 John 2 and you will see the beast is a man and his number, that of the man is 666

edit on 5-2-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't think he was referring to the our US generations in the 21st century.

I interpret it exactly as to how he said it and to whom. The people in the audience he was speaking to.
He also said " lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near", not 2000 years near, but near to this generation's lifetime he was amongst.
Its apologists who interpret it as anything else as it didn't transpire. I can understand the conundrum that presents for a believer.

Jerusalem was in turmoil in the middle ages, but more importantly, pertaining to the time when Revelations was written Jerusalem had been under siege by Rome, under the command of Titus. During the siege and most importantly the second temple was destroyed, a huge blow to Jews and early Christians. This is why most history scholars suggest the revelations is all about the desire for the fall of Rome on their main trade route at Mt Megiddo.

Revelations is widely political, written at the time of decimation of the Jewish people, I can see why they thought the end was nigh and prophesied about it.
edit on 5-2-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Yeah, no. There's no singular antichrist. If there was one, he has come and gone already.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

and it could be a future generation

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Quite possibly. I never said there couldn't be. I am only explaining why so many think it could be coming soon.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

You don't trust Jesus' words? You think you are ok to interpret them as something else?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

You don't trust Jesus' words? You think you are ok to interpret them as something else?

But you are also making the interpretive mistake. There is no clear meaning to which generation is "this generation." You prefer to think it was the generation of his time. Others think it refers to the generation that sees the prophecy fulfill.

It could be either or both.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The beast is a natural force. People are natural and people naturally make civilization. When civilization becomes a monster...

Your only friend is Jesus.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Not when he just told them personally to lift up their heads and look as it is near. He was speaking to them.
Again I understand why a believer would find it hard to reconcile, and I am by no means here to make anyone panic, but I don't think my interpretation is wrong. Chances are I am right that he was talking to people in front of him. Not prophesying for future generations.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
OP is correct. There is no singular "Antichrist" that manifests itself in the end times. As he quoted, antichrists existed in Jesus' day, and simply refers to all who are against Christ.

What people often refer to as "The Antichrist" is "The False Prophet" in Revelation. Not even close to the same thing.

The False Prophet is a beast. Beasts in the bible represent governments. Thus the False Prophet is a government.

Scriptural reference: (Revelation 12:11,12) (Revelation 19:20)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join