It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the difference between Black Lives Matter and the Oregon militia?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
We get it, its ok for unharmed "thugs"to get shot by the cops , but its not ok to shoot armed white patriots because there defending our rights lol.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
"" What's the difference between Black Lives Matter and the Oregon militia? ""

one has quantity, one has quality

neither have both

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Well, for beginner...

Black lives Matter was started bc Cops were accused and some proven to have taken advantage of their power and kill innocent blacks.

The Oregon militia was started bc they want their cows to be a be able to graze on government land, and now no one is allowed to go and maintain the land bc the militia threatens their lives and its too dangerous.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Pls Back up the above with their stated positions and no! some random rioting Black will not do, also non affiliated Orgs that open carry like the New Black Panther Party will not do either..

I'm not going to go dig up each story and post it here for you just so you can dismiss it. All of this has been in the news. I'm sure you've heard about all of it too, but you're playing dumb. I'll get you started though.

Racial segregation and out right racism:

BLM attacking people with racist slurs and threats:
www.mediaite.com...

In a critical editorial, the conservative Dartmouth Review listed some of the epithets hurled by the protesters: “# you, you filthy white #s!” “# you and your comfort!” “# you, you racist #s!”

In addition, the Review reports that some of protesters became physically violent: “Men and women alike were pushed and shoved by the group. ‘If we can’t have it, shut it down!’ they cried. Another woman was pinned to a wall by protesters who unleashed their insults, shouting ‘filthy white bitch!’ in her face.”

All I know is the tea party didn't do anything even remotely like this, yet they were demonized for years as racists simply for opposing this president.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Well, for beginner...

Black lives Matter was started bc Cops were accused and some proven to have taken advantage of their power and kill innocent blacks.

They kill innocent people of all colors.

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
We get it, its ok for unharmed "thugs"to get shot by the cops , but its not ok to shoot armed white patriots because there defending our rights lol.

You're aware that unarmed white people are killed by the police all the time. Why do folks like you take no interest in that fact? It's like it only matters in as far as it confirms your biases.
edit on 4-2-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I'm sure I'll catch it for this, but the militia doesn't loot and riot to get their point across.

Not just that, but the current administration doesn't side with the white boys, he sides with the BLM... So it's not the feds they're after, it's the white race and police.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
What's the difference between Black Lives Matter and the Oregon militia?

One is a group of black people that hate white people and are the very epitome' of "do as I say, not as I do".

The other is a group of multicultural people that want to reign-in big government and remind them that the government works for the people and not the other way around.

/thread

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Oh, no...this movement has gone waaaaaaaaaaay beyond wanting equal rights and fair treatment from law enforcement - they push the white privilege meme to the nth degree and are vocally anti-white - not "equal rights for blacks"

BIG difference.

The Oregon protest is the very definition of white privilege. Do you think if any other group of people had taken over a federal building the same way these drama queens did they would be treated the same way?

You mean like if they were to loot and riot and burn multi-million dollar businesses down, along with other businesses that belonged to locals while the police stood by and watched? Yeah, you're not biased or anything.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The militia may not "loot" and "thug out" but they are keeping very important land from being maintained.

which is worse? Im sure there is a difference of opinion.

Also, the death poll is much higher with one than the other which if you compare it to the "looting", it is sort of justified.

With this in mind, I do not support looting nor do I support defiance towards gov't land maintenance. However, I would be very upset if cops were proven to be very racist and killed someone I knew as well, I might even "loot", even though I know 2 wrongs do not make a right.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Lol, "11 misconceptions about black lives matter" brought to you by blacklivesmatter dot com... BRILLIANT! Totally unbiased too I'm sure. Heh.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Oh, no...this movement has gone waaaaaaaaaaay beyond wanting equal rights and fair treatment from law enforcement - they push the white privilege meme to the nth degree and are vocally anti-white - not "equal rights for blacks"

BIG difference.

The Oregon protest is the very definition of white privilege. Do you think if any other group of people had taken over a federal building the same way these drama queens did they would be treated the same way?
you guys keep saying "federal building", but its a shack in the middle of nowhere. BLM is blatantly racist and aggressive, but still get promoted and defended by the left and media. Is that black privilege? When white people are shot by cops its no big deal. When black people are shot by cops (even when they just robbed a store on camera), there is national outrage. Black privilege?

It is a federal building no matter where it is or what it is used for end of discussion on that. How many times have the heavily armed BLM taken over federal buildings? Oh yeah they haven't have they. There was national outrage about a unarmed teenager that was killed by the cop who didn't know anything about the robbery. Historical ignorance?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I've never heard anyone refer to anyone as a thug that wasn't committing a crime. If you also happen to think thug refers to a single a race, then you're an idiot. As for BLM and the Oregon Militia? One of them had a clear idea of what they were protesting, and a plan on how to address their specific concerns. They took over a federal building. they didn't burn down a Walgreens or stop traffic in a busy city. Maybe because they know making someone late to work isn't a great way to get them on your side. But also, it's clear BLM has no idea what it's doing anyway. They say black lives matter, and ignore the thousands killed just in Chicago alone. Gang violence apparently has nothign to do with black lives, or the black lives that fall to it are not of any concern? Okay, so it's police violence. So, the Baltimore cops were all white? Oh, nope again! BLM is ONLY concerned with what... 3 or 4 people that were killed by non-black police officers in 2015? BLM is oddly in favor of the exact thing it pretends to be fighting. Racial discrimination. Just about anyone with a functional mind can see that, so they're treated differently too.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

BIG difference.

You mean like if they were to loot and riot and burn multi-million dollar businesses down, along with other businesses that belonged to locals while the police stood by and watched? Yeah, you're not biased or anything.

You do of course have proof that BLM was behind that right? It would appear that the biased one here is the one placing the blame for what rioters did on a group without proof.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

It is a federal building no matter where it is or what it is used for end of discussion on that. How many times have the heavily armed BLM taken over federal buildings? Oh yeah they haven't have they.

No, but they have looted, destroyed property and incited murder.

There was national outrage about a unarmed teenager that was killed by the cop who didn't know anything about the robbery. Historical ignorance?

You've got to be kidding me? That's your excuse for being a hypocrite? That the cop didn't know the guy just robbed a place? Are you seriously suggesting that if the cop didn't know, it never happened? Also, the teenager wasn't unarmed, but was actually trying to get the cop's weapon. You probably think he had his hands up too.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Bureau of Land Management... BLM, that throws me off every time. I thought at first you were talking about the Armed Militia/Protesters in Oregon...

If the Oregon standoff were ripping up and destroying property, lighting businesses in town on fire, beating up people of a different neighborhood, causing millions of dollars in damages, it would have been the same for them.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You do of course have proof that BLM was behind that right? It would appear that the biased one here is the one placing the blame for what rioters did on a group without proof.

Black privilege?

Report says Baltimore police were ordered to allow looting and ‘chaos’

Fox Report: Baltimore Mayor Ordered Police To Stand Down And ‘Let Them Loot’

'Hold the line' commands protected lives during riot, police say

Baltimore Mayor Gave Permission to Riot

edit on 4-2-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I don't understand why some accept the murder of the guy, Did you want him dead? seems like it. Nobody should be shot down like a dog, there should be other ways to defuse the situation,

They wanted to take out the spokesperson and that is what they did, with their armed mercenaries.
edit on 4-2-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

WEll, the ARE keeping government land from being maintained.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: antar

WEll, the ARE keeping government land from being maintained.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

lol, I know its not as serious as burning down buildings but just saying, they are not completely innocent in that sense.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join