It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the difference between Black Lives Matter and the Oregon militia?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

It's not just that... The Oregon guys weren't stopping highways with innocent people just trying to get from A to B. BLM is childish and go around chanting retarded # like "no justice, no peace" which is just another way of saying "Give us the outcome we want or else!"

Nothing says equality like a "black power" hand sign.

This is why people despise the drama queens in BLM.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Oh, no...this movement has gone waaaaaaaaaaay beyond wanting equal rights and fair treatment from law enforcement - they push the white privilege meme to the nth degree and are vocally anti-white - not "equal rights for blacks"

BIG difference.

The Oregon protest is the very definition of white privilege. Do you think if any other group of people had taken over a federal building the same way these drama queens did they would be treated the same way?

You mean like if they were to loot and riot and burn multi-million dollar businesses down, along with other businesses that belonged to locals while the police stood by and watched? Yeah, you're not biased or anything.

Says the guy who paints all BLM supporters as looters.

I'm sure every single act of looting and rioting was planned and executed by the BLM movement with precision and participation by every member. /sarc

The fact is that most of the sects of BLM supporters have nothing to do with one another besides the name, and of course there are those who don't give a crap about the protest/civil liberties aspect and just use it as a smokescreen to loot.

But nooo you're definitely not biased or anything.

edit on 4-2-2016 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I'm not going to go dig up each story and post it here for you just so you can dismiss it. All of this has been in the news. I'm sure you've heard about all of it too, but you're playing dumb. I'll get you started though.

Racial segregation and out right racism:

Off course you are not you just throw your talking points out and walk evidence to the contrary just float on by.
Are they obnoxious and in your face...yes ??

All I know is the tea party didn't do anything even remotely like this, yet they were demonized for years as racists simply for opposing this president.

Really???
Now would I go and call all tea party all members racist?? no! but some are just as obnoxious.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I agree, it is childish, but if it were a proven fact that cops were racist and killed innocents that I knew, I might pitch a fit and light buildings on fire too, especially if one of those innocents was my child.

That is another difference, BLM was started over unwarranted murders and the militia over land to let their cows graze?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax

I'm sure every single act of looting and rioting was planned and executed by the BLM movement with precision and participation by every member. /sarc

I'm just curious what your feelings on the tea party are.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Oh, no...this movement has gone waaaaaaaaaaay beyond wanting equal rights and fair treatment from law enforcement - they push the white privilege meme to the nth degree and are vocally anti-white - not "equal rights for blacks"

BIG difference.

The Oregon protest is the very definition of white privilege. Do you think if any other group of people had taken over a federal building the same way these drama queens did they would be treated the same way?

You mean like if they were to loot and riot and burn multi-million dollar businesses down, along with other businesses that belonged to locals while the police stood by and watched? Yeah, you're not biased or anything.

You do of course have proof that BLM was behind that right? It would appear that the biased one here is the one placing the blame for what rioters did on a group without proof.

You can try to tell yourself the BLM is never involved in any of this, but their chants alone are enough to make any claim of violence legit.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

That is another difference, BLM was started over unwarranted murders

BLM started after Michael Brown was shot and killed. That shooting was ruled justified by a grand jury.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Funny that the video you posted is full of clips from Democrats and the media demonizing them. While the media protects and promotes BLM.
edit on 4-2-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Ill throw mine in there as well.

The tea party may have started as a respectful group of individuals who wanted to uphold the constitution, however, it has turned into this absurd extreme right wing cult that pushes their religion and ideals into every nook and cranny they can in the gov't and feel justified bc the bible said so. They do not look at facts or even rationalize before they act and will not even pay attention to any other idea if it is not their own. They have become the most ignorant, close-minded group of people and I think they are a danger to society.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

BLM started after Michael Brown was shot and killed. That shooting was ruled justified by a grand jury.

Then your ok with the killing of the suposed
Leader of the oregon group, it was justified by the feds.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

not everyone feels it is justified, and that is just one of the murders, there were more, unfortunately, and others that have surfaced even before Michael Brown, very sad actually.

LIke I said, lighting buildings on fire and being disruptive is not the correct way to handle this, but not sure I wouldn't do the same thing if it were my child.

The riots did get people talking about it, if not for the riots, these issues would be ignored and forgotten, just like in the past.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The same ppl who now get all teary eyed over Dr Martin Luther King quoting him out of context forgot that he made the generation of his day just as uncomfortable, so how dare groups of sometimes top heavy Black ppl blocked traffic and protest over unarmed blackmen being killed stop and frisked sometimes multiple times on the same day that went on for decades before the explosion of recording devices, that were being dismissed as a non issue .
How dare they !!

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Ill throw mine in there as well.

The tea party may have started as a respectful group of individuals who wanted to uphold the constitution, however, it has turned into this absurd extreme right wing cult that pushes their religion and ideals into every nook and cranny they can in the gov't and feel justified bc the bible said so. They do not look at facts or even rationalize before they act and will not even pay attention to any other idea if it is not their own. They have become the most ignorant, close-minded group of people and I think they are a danger to society.

They don't hurt anyone, loot, destroy property or racially harass people. Unlike BLM.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Funny that the video you posted is full of clips from Democrats and the media demonizing them. While the media protects and promotes BLM.

So the vid of the Tea Party ppl spitting at congress people didn't happened??

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

lol, so. I think they are much worse actually. Ignorance is scary as hell, especially when our political leaders have ignorance. Just think of what would happen if a Tea Party psycho became president...mandatory church? stoning non Christians, no womens rights? stoning gays?

scary

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax

BIG difference.

The fact is that most of the sects of BLM supporters have nothing to do with one another besides the name, and of course there are those who don't give a crap about the protest/civil liberties aspect and just use it as a smokescreen to loot.

But nooo you're definitely not biased or anything.

Yeah I know I'm not, I actually see the forest from the trees. You're the one speculating my meanings. I never said all looting is done by BLM or that all BLM supporters are looters. As far as association, BLM is BLM, if you're not associated with one another, you're not BLM. Nice ideology.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I agree, it is childish, but if it were a proven fact that cops were racist and killed innocents that I knew, I might pitch a fit and light buildings on fire too, especially if one of those innocents was my child.

That is another difference, BLM was started over unwarranted murders and the militia over land to let their cows graze?

BLM was started over Michael Brown being shot after he attacked Darren Wilson, a white cop. Brown was first asked to use the sidewalk instead of walking in the street, and he ignored Wilson, eventually attacking him and going for his weapon. That shooting was not unwarranted.

If a cop did something to my kid, my anger would be directed at that cop, not at the entire force or innocent people that had nothing to do with it. BLM is full of people who thirst for power and control, that much is obvious.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Lol, "11 misconceptions about black lives matter" brought to you by blacklivesmatter dot com... BRILLIANT! Totally unbiased too I'm sure. Heh.

Yes I prefer to let them speak for themselves than to let media or their opponents speak for them, I am sure you would want the Tea Party's or the Militia to explain their own views rather than through someone else's filter.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

The current situation hasn't been "officially" judged yet.

lumpsum

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Already???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join