It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Accuses Ted Cruz Of Stealing Iowa Caucuses In Twitter Meltdown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
So is this thread about Trump or the hate of his supporters? I asked a question. I can see some of you think it is dirty politics and we should just stand for it but I am not here to support Trump. I am here to re-affirm the fact that Cruz used a pretty chitty tactic to ensure some of the 'evangelical' vote moved to him. He was scared.

I already posted in another thread I do not feel anyone won. If you had to choose someone it was Rubio. I like Trump. I would like him to be our next POTUS but him keeping in the MSM forefront what Cruz did is not whining...it is genius. Cruz thinks he can not even directly apologize. Did he pick up a phone? Nope...he did it in a video. That to me shows he did not want to be stuck in a conversation, it will pass and move onto NH.

It is also not painful. This is the first pitch in a 9 inning game. I cannot wait for Super Tuesday as the field should be very thinned by now.

The next debate should be interesting also this weekend as this is sure to be brought up and I hope Trump keeps it alive all week. I hope it kills Cruz...

link   

originally posted by: beyondtruth
This a typical political move than any candidate would have made in his position. Let's not pretend that this behavior is exclusive to Trump. He just has a larger audience that he can reach at any given time with the media hanging on every freaking tweet the guy typea up...

Demanding a recount because of some perceived slight that didn't even happen against him is something any politician would do? Well why didn't Rubio do it too? He came in third.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I agree. He is being a baby when he clearly lost.

On a side note, I think Bernie Sanders is claiming voting fraud after the Iowa caucus as well. Babies, the lot of them.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
He looks more and more like a plant every day; and I don't just mean the pumpkin he's turning into.
edit on 2/3/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Trump-Dumpers need to be worried.

He has a Huuugggeee lead in New Hampshire and South Carolina !!!!

N.H. polls

S.C. polls

He had a lead in Iowa too

Iowa Caucus Forecast

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Esoterotica
It might be worth getting Twitter just to follow the dondon. I'm sure 100% of his supporters agree with & support these kinds of Twitter rages.

It's worth doing, even if you just follow other conversations. Michael Moore's been on a tear lately, both for exposing what's going on in Flint & in support of Bernie.

As for the OP. Honestly, I don't like any of the conservative candidates. Cruz is a sneaky parasite & Rubio just sucks. The only good thing about Trump (to me) is that he's exposing the horrific positions of many in the right wing. And the more the other candidates shift to the extreme right, the better it is for the left. It's like people forgot the Repub debate where they were basically seeing who'd be the toughest against ISIS by even advocating killing civilians.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I agree. He is being a baby when he clearly lost.

On a side note, I think Bernie Sanders is claiming voting fraud after the Iowa caucus as well. Babies, the lot of them.

Ya, I agree with that too. Sanders is acting like a baby there too. Especially since Sanders practically tied Hillary.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It's just dirty politics. This nonsense happens all the time. Crying and whining about it when it didn't even effect you is dumb and pointless. And calling for a recount is just stupid.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This a typical political move than any candidate would have made in his position. Let's not pretend that this behavior is exclusive to Trump. He just has a larger audience that he can reach at any given time with the media hanging on every freaking tweet the guy typea up...

Demanding a recount because of some perceived slight that didn't even happen against him is something any politician would do? Well why didn't Rubio do it too? He came in third.

Because Rubio wasn't the frontrunnter, hence the wording I used "anyone in his position".

And I don't think it is a perceived slight. Ben Carson has been railing about this tactic also and has said publicly that if Cruz knew about this tactic being employed that he should apologize, fire the person responsible, and come up with a solution to resolve the problem.

A statement from Carson said that at one of the caucus sites that his wife was at there was a Cruz person spreading the rumor that Carson was dropping out and their votes would be wasted on Carson and that they should come over to Cruz. Caucus goers asked Carson's wife about the rumor and she of course denied the fallacy and according to Carson, he won that caucus site.

I don't think that is a perception it's reality.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think he may have just sunk his own campaign with this one. Although he's not my first or second choice for a nominee, I like Trump, to a certain degree, but I knew his mouth and his ego were going to be his undoing sooner or later. Like every other case where a politician whines about fraud, this just reeks of being a self-serving sore loser, and it totally undermines the image that Trump has tried to build for himself.

He seriously needs to shut up and focus on New Hampshire, where he has a 20 point lead according to the polls. If he wins by that type of margin, Iowa will be forgotten and he probably can coast to the nomination. If he keeps up this kind of unseemly whining, though, he'll likely still win NH, but by single digits, and if that happens, his campaign will suddenly be in real trouble for no other reason than his own ego can't handle 2nd place.

edit on 3-2-2016 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

N.H. polls

S.C. polls

Iowa Caucus Forecast

look again !!!

RCP had a small Trump lead !!!! very Small.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

And I don't think it is a perceived slight. Ben Carson has been railing about this tactic also and has said publicly that if Cruz knew about this tactic being employed that he should apologize, fire the person responsible, and come up with a solution to resolve the problem.

Like this?

First on CNN: Ted Cruz apologizes to Ben Carson

and this?

Ben Carson Accepts Cruz Apology for Caucus Night 'Dirty Tricks'

A statement from Carson said that at one of the caucus sites that his wife was at there was a Cruz person spreading the rumor that Carson was dropping out and their votes would be wasted on Carson and that they should come over to Cruz. Caucus goers asked Carson's wife about the rumor and she of course denied the fallacy and according to Carson, he won that caucus site.

I'm not defending Cruz' actions here. That was definitely dirty politics. It just isn't something to go bat# insane over and demand a recount. Dirty politics is the name of the game. Trump has been at the forefront of that category for a while now.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

N.H. polls

S.C. polls

Iowa Caucus Forecast

look again !!!

RCP had a small Trump lead !!!! very Small.

*looks* Ok, how was I wrong?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

I agree that I think this is going to hurt his campaign however I think that his actions are merely a political calculation. After the loss he graciously congratulated and conceded to Cruz.

But when things on the Internet started to take hold about Cruz and his campaign tactics between the mailer fiasco and spreading the word that Carson was dropping out , Trumps campaign made a political calculation that he should ramp up the rhetoric of dishonesty. I think in the short term it might hurt. But if the media keeps up the questions on this tactic it might help Trump and hurt Cruz.....

Cruz is already facing that perception that he is a little weasel.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
There is no such thing as dirty politics, thats like saying you are holding cold ice.

Like this?

and this?

I'm not defending Cruz' actions here. That was definitely dirty politics. It just isn't something to go bat# insane over and demand a recount. Dirty politics is the name of the game. Trump has been at the forefront of that category for a while now.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondtruth

Ok. So why do we have a problem still?

link   
There was a very interesting documentary on here in the UK last week about Trump, and going back and interviewing people who have known him over the years, and really examining some of his history and behaviour.

And the recurring theme from most of the people being interviewed was that yes, developmentally, he was still very much a child. Prone to childish outbursts and throwing massive temper tantrums if he didn't get his way.

His biographer drew a link between when he was shipped off to boarding school at a young age, and how many kids who get shipped off to boarding school do tend to get 'stuck' developmentally.

link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
He looks more and more like a plant every day; and I don't just mean the pumpkin he's turning into.

Some of us have been saying that all along....

Looks like he is getting ready to bail.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Like this?

and this?

I understand what your saying and I think Carson has added incentive to let this one go because the reality is the whole thing is a colossal failure on his part. We have all been reading about his campaign being in shambles lately thanks to a few of the top people that was running the show. If this was a well oiled political campaign that rumor would have been squashed before it got to the point it did.

But instead the campaign got caught slipping and took almost the entire night to respond and correct the initial statement that said that Carson was headed to Florida.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Just a note, Trump had accused Cruz of "illegally" stealing the election... then thought better of it and changed it.

Trump removed the word "illegally" from his tweet

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join