It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Charges for Cops Who ‘Accidentally’ Fired 107 Bullets at an Innocent Mom and Daughter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
These stories of out of control police are getting way too common! Obviously these two ladies were not posing any threat and didn't reveal a weapon to be shot up.

Los Angeles, CA – Exposing the double standard between police and civilians, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced Wednesday that no criminal charges will be filed against the eight LAPD officers responsible for nearly killing an innocent woman and her daughter. Although the cops ambushed the unarmed women without warning and fired over 100 bullets without provocation, the district attorney justified the case of mistaken identity due to the fact that the officers involved were afraid and incompetent.

At 5 a.m. on February 7, 2013, Margie Carranza and her mother, Emma Hernandez, were delivering newspapers throughout a residential neighborhood in Torrance when eight LAPD cops suddenly opened fire. As Carranza suffered cuts from the flying glass, Hernandez was shot twice in the back while trying to protect her daughter. One bullet exited just above Hernandez’s collarbone, while the other bullet struck her lower back, near her spine. A fragment of shattered glass also flew into her eye. After firing 107 bullets at the innocent women, the LAPD cops ordered them out of the vehicle and immediately realized their mistake. Instead of a 33-year-old black man, two Hispanic women exited the pickup truck and demanded to know, “Why did you shoot at us?”

Source

Eventually this will have to reach critical mass and protesting in the streets en mass if you want to quell these incidents. I am beginning to be suspicious that this problem is going to be some excuse for anti-gunners to claim we would be safer without guns. I don't really have much more to say on this except it is getting way out of hand. I would never open up on someone that wasn't a CLEAR THREAT.

edit on 1/2/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Brought to you by The War On Drugs. The War On Drugs, keeping kids safe for 40 years.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Thank god they were incompetent at least.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Thank god they were incompetent at least.

I am not sure how incompetent you must be. I would call it brain dead.

Although Torrance PD and LAPD were searching for a black man driving a gray Nissan Titan, Perdue is a white man who was driving a black Honda Ridgeline. Carranza and Hernandez were driving a blue Toyota Tacoma when the officers ambushed them without bothering to confirm their identities.

I mean there was NO similarities in the vehicle or person being looked for!

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I always get a Mother and Daughter confused with being a single black man all the time

All the time!!!

Thank god the cops shooting sucked that day.

I hope the black man , Mother and Daughter sue the crap out of the PD.

edit on 1-2-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

two ladies.

107 bullets...due to mistaken identity. This would infer that there are two ladies that deserve 107 bullets fired at them with no warning...just not these two.

due to the fact that the officers involved were afraid and incompetent.

vetted by the academy and their superiors. Good job.

I think it's only just that no charges were filed...against anyone. Well...maybe these two women deserve some charges...disorderly conduct or something along those lines.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

If they were incompetent, then their commanding officer should be tried for reckless endangerment of the public, failure of a duty of care toward them, and the officers, and the officers should be tried for being bloody cowards.

I am getting pretty sick of hearing crap like this. Let me be absolutely clear. If you are insecure about yourself, you should not be in law enforcement. If you take a punch to the jaw and fall over, no matter who it is from, you shouldn't be in law enforcement. If you get angry faster than the speed a glacier moves, you should not be in law enforcement.

And while we are at it, if you cannot afford to train your officers to the point where:

A) They do not miss, either at the range, or on the street.
B) They never break the law themselves. Any of them. Ever.
C) They do not require a gun to solve each and every little public order issue.
D) They do not react through fear to any threat, no matter how severe.
E) They are anything less than astoundingly good at all aspects of the job, all the time, with failure of that training being a once in a hundred year issue....

Then your city should not have a damned police force. Armed police forces are something that one has, when one can afford to train them to the point where they are more reliable than atomic clocks, less likely to fail than the structural integrity of a sky scraper, more honest and noble than the politicians who will more than likely end up being their bosses, then you should not have a damned police force, because if you do not spend the money on proper policing, what you get is thugs with authority.

Hell, we have barely enough police in my country, and they aren't perfect either, but this.... This is absolutely disgraceful.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
Eventually this will have to reach critical mass.

Don't hold your breath. My Game box still connects, and the sports channel still works.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Seems like it's the norm overall from this to raids that were conducted on the wrong households. The ones responsible are never held accountable by the judges bought and paid for and the service that protects them. Another reason why someone who think they have "done nothing wrong" should be cautious as much as someone who may have or has done something wrong. Sadder still cases such as in the Op it's even harder to be careful with.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Sounds a lot like the Dorner case.

Wrong make, model and color of vehicle, and two little Asian ladies instead of A 6+foot Black man. One thing remains the same, 100+ shots fired at innocent people!

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
I always get a Mother and Daughter confused with being a single black man all the time

All the time!!!

Yea, a 107 rounds into a pickup cab and you miss all but 2! Absolutely stunning!

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I concur totally with that statement! Amazing.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Should'a gone to specsavers !

line 2

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Seems like it's the norm overall from this to raids that were conducted on the wrong households. The ones responsible are never held accountable by the judges bought and paid for and the service that protects them. Another reason why someone who think they have "done nothing wrong" should be cautious as much as someone who may have or has done something wrong. Sadder still cases such as in the Op it's even harder to be careful with.

And people wonder why black folks are scared of the police. I see blue lights and I am driving to a well lit gas station that has cameras.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

originally posted by: SLAYER69

All the time!!!

Yea, a 107 rounds into a pickup cab and you miss all but 2! Absolutely stunning!

If that doesnt scream incompetence...nothing does.

8 officers. God damn. Lucky the women survived so we can almost laugh about this.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
If that doesnt scream incompetence...nothing does.

8 officers. God damn. Lucky the women survived so we can almost laugh about this.

That is the only saving grace that they survived. I am sure I could handle being shot a couple of times for a new truck and $4.2 million. I have been shot twice before so what the hell. I just want to make sure it is these idiots on the scene! The boys I know don't miss.
edit on 1/2/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I'm not sure if this is true or not but I also heard the pickup truck was the wrong make/model /color, which, if true would further add to the negligence of those officers.

It's unreal that these types of incidents are now TOLERATED and excused by the authorities.

I'm dumbfounded everytime there is another story about some trigger-happy officers who get to WALK after killing/parlyzing/traumatizing the innocent civilians they are supposed to be protecting

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I'm not sure if this is true or not but I also heard the pickup truck was the wrong make/model /color, which, if true would further add to the negligence of those officers.

It's unreal that these types of incidents are now TOLERATED and excused by the authorities.

I'm dumbfounded everytime there is another story about some trigger-happy officers who get to WALK after killing/parlyzing/traumatizing the innocent civilians they are supposed to be protecting

They know they aren't going to be held accountable. The jurisdictions where they are may see less shootings like this. The LAPD is notoriously violent though. And yes, the make/model/color was completely different. Women not a man, hispanic not black.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Next time I get into trouble with the law I'm going to claim: afraid, in component, or affluenza. I bet it will work. Right?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

They were victimized by LEOs and HAD to be traumatized by all the bullets flying and I hope they are amply compensated.

As for no charges filed...did we really think that would happen??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join