It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Charges for Cops Who ‘Accidentally’ Fired 107 Bullets at an Innocent Mom and Daughter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys
a reply to: spirit_horse

Next time I get into trouble with the law I'm going to claim: afraid, in component, or affluenza. I bet it will work. Right?

You have to be a LEO for that to work.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here's more of the article showing not only the cops incompetence but their complete lack of proper response at the scene.

1.) Why no emergency lights, indicating to the driver to pull over. Why no order to exit the vehicle BEFORE they shot 107 rounds. If the women would have been shot dead after those 107 rounds and the cops ordered them to exit the vehicle, would they have then shot 107 more?

2.) The neighbors houses and vehicles were also shot. What if they would have hit people sleeping in their beds?

3.) No rendering of first aid.....even after the "threat" was alleviated.... God, just God!

4.) If the cops are THAT scared, they need a new goddamn job. Don Knotts I tell ya!

Instead of rendering first aid or even apologizing for the act of attempted murder, the officers called for paramedics while refusing to offer any explanation for the ambush. Awakened by the gunfire, residents emerged from their homes to find their vehicles, houses, and front doors riddled with bullets. With five bullet holes in the entryway to his house, one neighbor asked, “How do you mistake two Hispanic women, one who is 71, for a large black male?”

Twenty-five minutes after the shooting, Torrance police officers stopped David Perdue a few blocks away as he was driving to the beach to go surfing before work. After the officers questioned him and ordered Perdue to turn around, he complied with their commands and began driving away when another Torrance police cruiser raced towards his vehicle and broadsided him. Suffering from a concussion and back pain, Perdue remained in his vehicle as an officer opened fire on him.

Although Torrance PD and LAPD were searching for a black man driving a gray Nissan Titan, Perdue is a white man who was driving a black Honda Ridgeline. Carranza and Hernandez were driving a blue Toyota Tacoma when the officers ambushed them without bothering to confirm their identities.

So they shot at a SECOND innocent person 25 minutes later, AFTER THEY BROADSIDED HIM IN HIS CAR.......THEY SHOT AT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a long time to be petrified. Their adrenalin should have been controlled at that point but NOOOOOoooooo. They had to go find someone else to ambush.
edit on 1-2-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I remember this event. They thought it was Dorner, remember him? The man hunt for the LA cop that was eventually trapped and burned up in a cabin in San Bernadino mountains?

This was during the active phase of the manhunt for him. They would have shot up any truck even remotely matching the description…

A manifesto posted on Facebook, which police say was written by Dorner, declared "unconventional and asymmetric warfare" upon the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), their families, and their associates, unless the LAPD admitted publicly he was fired in retaliation for reporting excessive force.

In two separate incidents during the manhunt, police shot at three civilians unrelated to Dorner, mistaking their pickup trucks for the vehicle being driven by Dorner. One of the civilians was hit by the police gunfire, another was wounded by shattered glass, and a third individual was injured when police rammed his vehicle and opened fire

Wiki

That'll teach cops to come forward about excessive force.

They waited to run this accidental acquittal of overkill during the hunt for Dorner. Imo, the wait and the findings are no accident.
edit on 1-2-2016 by intrptr because: spelling clarity

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

That is why this is so disturbing. What kind of morons can behave like they had no training at all. I am not sure if it is being trained by the military/feds that they pick the culture up from, but the citizens are not some threat you need to open fire on without clear provocation like a gun coming into play. I mean wtf is going on in these agencies. What we know is the DHS has been built up like a military force and is training departments. I think somewhere along these lines something in the training has created the phenomenon. Police and military may both be armed, but for very different reasons and tasks. Mixing the two is a bad idea for a domestic police force.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horseDid you ever think that maybe, just maybe, there is a concerted effort to force the more psychotic members of the civillian population to start shooting cops as a retalitory measure? In so doing, they get the excuse they need to REALLY crack down on you. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
I remember this event. They thought it was Dorner, remember him? The man hunt for the LA cop that was eventually trapped and burned up in a cabin in San Bernadino mountains?

This was during the active phase of the manhunt for him. They would have shot up any truck even remotely matching the description…

A manifesto posted on Facebook, which police say was written by Dorner, declared "unconventional and asymmetric warfare" upon the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD), their families, and their associates, unless the LAPD admitted publicly he was fired in retaliation for reporting excessive force.

In two separate incidents during the manhunt, police shot at three civilians unrelated to Dorner, mistaking their pickup trucks for the vehicle being driven by Dorner. One of the civilians was hit by the police gunfire, another was wounded by shattered glass, and a third individual was injured when police rammed his vehicle and opened fire

Wiki

That'll teach cops to come forward about excessive force.

They waited to run this accidental acquittal of overkill during the hunt for Dorner. Imo, the wait and the findings are no accident.

Well, that is problematic because the 2 vehicles were a complete different color/make/model. Besides, the two ladies never did anything threatening. What seems to be implied by your statement is that it is ok to murder someone because they lost their mind and posted a manifesto after being wrongfully terminated. However, knowing you that is not what you meant to imply.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Sounds a lot like the Dorner case.

Wrong make, model and color of vehicle, and two little Asian ladies instead of A 6+foot Black man. One thing remains the same, 100+ shots fired at innocent people!

It is the Dorner case, as far as I know.
Wikipedia: Dorner
The time frame is right on.

Those cops really wanted him.... so bad they were shooting up trucks that were the wrong make and color, just to be sure!
edit on b000000292016-02-01T14:19:26-06:0002America/ChicagoMon, 01 Feb 2016 14:19:26 -0600200000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 001ggg100
a reply to: spirit_horseDid you ever think that maybe, just maybe, there is a concerted effort to force the more psychotic members of the civillian population to start shooting cops as a retalitory measure? In so doing, they get the excuse they need to REALLY crack down on you. Just a thought.

I have had the idea cross my mind. If the DHS and militarization of the police force was not going to result is military like behavior among the domestic police force then someone that created the program was incompetent too. If it is the goal of the feds to bring in a complete police state then the resultant effects would be predicted.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If it is better that a guilty person go free, than an innocent ever be jailed, then surely it has to be fair enough to NOT SHOOT ANY RANDOM VEHICLE OVER A MAN WHO IS HAVING A LABOUR DISPUTE ON STEROIDS?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
That is a bad excuse for them to use the Dorner case as a reason to shoot up anything they see driving near a cops house. I mean come on. You have to at minimum identify your target. Is that too much to ask these cops?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

However, knowing you that is not what you meant to imply.

Obviously.

Just illuminating the terrain. Those people were shot up during the hunt for Dorner by a bunch of trigger happy cops that were falling over themselves to be the one that did Dorner in.

There were threads.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Thanks. I didn't click on the link but it sounded just like the Dorner case.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
WOW, not only did they miss 105 of the 107 rounds on the first vehicle, the other cops missed their target as well. These poor folks are going to have serious psychological issues even driving down the street. I say this because I have been in a few high speed crashes and I still get the feeling at times of the impact, dirt and glass sensations. They will have times they feel they are going to be opened up on when seeing a parked police car. Sad. And I am not surprised they let them go without charges. Retraining maybe? There is no excuse and any attempt by the Sheriff or DA to minimize it and not prosecute is an affront to all citizens.

edit on 1/2/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I'm not sure if this is true or not but I also heard the pickup truck was the wrong make/model /color, which, if true would further add to the negligence of those officers.

It's unreal that these types of incidents are now TOLERATED and excused by the authorities.

I'm dumbfounded everytime there is another story about some trigger-happy officers who get to WALK after killing/parlyzing/traumatizing the innocent civilians they are supposed to be protecting

They probably got confused by the Sodium street lights which only emit yellow light.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Good grief this makes me glad i live in South Africa. Our cops are a pretty useless bunch in general (which is not really an ideal situation either) but at least they don't go around shooting people at the drop of a hat.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
It is the Dorner case, as far as I know.

Yep. The settlement of $4.2M was supposed to be 'the end' of that case. Wonder why it's come up again.

Funny ... I was just looking Dorner up last week to see if anything new had surfaced.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
And they want to take away our guns......??

I'll refuse to hand over firearms until I KNOW, the police force is stripped of theirs.

A (wo)man in blue, with a badge and gun, has me more nervous and worried then any black person running at me with their pants to their ankles waving the same gun.

The perception makers and their untouchables. .

Sick of this bull#.
edit on 1-2-2016 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Thank god they were incompetent at least.

You got that right

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
And they want to take away our guns......??

I'll refuse to hand over firearms until I KNOW, the police force is stripped of theirs.

A (wo)man in blue, with a badge and gun, has me more nervous and worried then any black person running at me with their pants to their ankles waving the same gun.

The perception makers and their untouchables. .

Sick of this bull#.

Now , do you realize why they want to take them ?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I didn't realize how badly LA cops hate the LA Times.
I suppose the "incompetent" officers are still armed and on duty?
That's one city I swear I will NEVER set foot in.
God help and protect the poor citizens of LA.
edit on 1-2-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join