It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am in utter disbelief that this 'Flat-Earth' nonsense has gained some attention

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: M4nWithNoN4me

Fools! Don't they know that the earth is a cone?

It really puts global warming into a new and terrifying perspective.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Does NASA have a picture of earth that looks like the earth that Degrasse describes in the Vid ? If not then why not ?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Somebody made a flat Earth thread once, and associated it with religion. It was somewhat intelligent. I've been looking for it through search, but can't find it. Does anybody remember it?

Nonetheless, it pisses me off when people believe in flat earth theory. I don't know why. I should find it amusing but I can't.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Well probably because we are dealing with camera's that are very far away and taking pictures of a very large object.
Also, he isn't describing it in the extreme like it is being pointed out in the vid. He isn't saying it is literally shaped like a pear.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Lol! Love it! And yes, it does put global warming in a new perspective!

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If anyone truly thinks there is a conspiration to fake the shape of the earth I propose you to do the following.

Travel in this order, get a good time keeping device, spend a few days in each place, enjoy the food and so on.

Travel to Los Angeles in the first steep, go to a place you can see the sky and seek for the easiest constellation, ursa minor (the only constellation I can ID) once you know it as the palm of your hand proceed to Miami.

From Miami go to some European country, drink some wine, never forget to find ursa minor...

Then go to cape town, any place of Australia and finally I heard Santiago de chile is a nice city.

Now the time keeper piece... Time every flight you take

If you do this a few things will come out of it, first congrats!!! You traveled around the world only going east.

2. Did you see ursa in all the places? Polaris won't be seen from the southern hemisphere.

3. How long were those flights? Try to correlate times to distances and see how you can fit them in the flat earth map of your choice.

If after doing this you still think earth is flat I may want what you are taking, must be strokg #

edit on 28-1-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'm in the process of rounding up a load of stuff I'm after and collecting the DVDs.
I've found a great source of wonderful stuff and I can't believe the range. Its a huge industry now and people are seeing that they can get away with almost anything so they are piling it on thick.
Its getting easier to make more presentable and convincing looking films.

I'm actually going to get a couple of the flat earth ones to watch because they are really entertaining if you know you arent getting fooled.
They also tell us some pretty important things to remember like don't believe what you're told just because someone has a long white coat on.

Incidentally I'm prepared to go on a mission to find the very very edge.
Probably gonna cost a few million to fund it but if someone has the money i m very determined and will not stop until I have proof for you.
Cheers.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Tulpa because: Mumbling n muttering

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
When I saw the rapper B.o.B talking about Flat Earth theory and saying he only does the wacky tabbacy I was like he must have been over here at ATS.

I swear some of these threads you would think were created with a lot of thought for a purpose so they are especially convincing. But again, I digress.

Reminds me of the Moon Hoax threads too. The scary part is people actually BELIEVE some of this crazy nonsense.............

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Surrey his description of earth is not a ball . In fact he states clearly that it is not . Now we both know what a ball looks like and tell the difference between a ball shape and another shape so where is the NASA pic showing what he is describing ? If in fact he knows what he is talking about that is .

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Probably gonna cost a few million to fund it but if someone has the money i m very determined and will not stop until I have proof for you.

That's sweet. Good luck. If you get the money, I'll go with you.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

That's sweet. Good luck. If you get the money, I'll go with you.

Count me in too! Ventures to the edge of the earth. If someone funds it I hope we don't fall off the edge!!

They also tell us some pretty important things to remember like don't believe what you're told just because someone has a long white coat on.

I also like this quote. A lot.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I'm a man of my word. Once I get the cash I promise you'll never see me again.
I'll need a really nice camera too.
You know...pics n all that.

You're welcome to help find sponsors too if you'd like to come along.

Bring sandwiches.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

No he doesn't call it a ball, you are right, hardly him saying it is flat tho or describing an earth that looks nothing like what is seen in pictures.
It is you and this youtuber that are making the case of that. When pictures are taken of the earth from a million miles away, sure you might not see it's misshape.
geology.wlu.edu...
www.space.com...

The circumference of Earth at the equator is about 24,902 miles (40,075 km), but from pole-to-pole — the meridional circumference — Earth is only 24,860 miles (40,008 km) around. This shape, caused by the flattening at the poles, is called an oblate spheroid. - See more at: www.space.com...

The mean radius of Earth is 3,959 miles(6,371 kilometers). However, Earth is not quite a sphere. The planet's rotation causes it to bulge at the equator. Earth's equatorial diameter is 7,926 miles (12,756 kilometers), but from pole to pole, the diameter is 7,900 miles (12,720 km) — a difference of only 40 miles (64 km). - See more at: www.space.com...

You think you can debunk those numbers OR that those numbers should make it appear more misshapen in picture from space?
edit on thThu, 28 Jan 2016 19:14:37 -0600America/Chicago120163780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

(post by jhn7537 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Flat Earthers are simply jolly Terry Pratchett fans....role playing

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Such theories shame our ancient and modern philosophers, scientists and researchers who dedicate(d) their lives to discovery and the unknown.

Aristotle, Plato, Eratosthenes, Laërtius, Pythagoras all concluded that the earth was not flat. They were all ancient Greeks. Thousands of years of philosophy and science undeniably proves flat earth theorists wrong. It baffles me how people could still subscribe to such folly beliefs.
edit on 28-1-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
I agree I even give whacked out ideas a chance but some are just extreme head bangers! Truthfully, the only flat earth theory that held any weight in my investigation is the possibility of IF this whole reality is a computer simulation...wahlah...3-d graphics on a 2-d screen. I love video games, so I could see myself as some other outside entity playing a Sim game. It would explain a lot of the miraculous and strange seeming glitches in the system.
I am not completely sold, but hey, I would never know.

Another memory of a star trek next generation show popped in my head...didn't they have some holographic characters develop consciousness and still create a holographic world on a disk to make them think they gained their freedom? Fiction true....but interesting thoughts?

Ship in a Bottle, season 6 12th show of the season:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Bring sandwiches.

With that kind of money you peeps won't need them!

edit on 1/28/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
If the Earth is flat, why don't we just throw our garbage off the side?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I wish the planet was flat. Then we could march all of the idiots to the edge and shove them off.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join