It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am in utter disbelief that this 'Flat-Earth' nonsense has gained some attention

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Aston is planning to meet with her sponsors from Kaspersky Lab...

Just advertising I guess but what a weird thing to sponsor for an Anti-Virus software company.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: twitchy

if you [ and others ] would pay me to go on an exped to antarctica - yup i would go in an instant*

though - apart from making me a very happi munkie - i am not sure what this would acheive

as flat earthers would denounce any evidence i produced as " oblate sphereist propaganda "

* subject to the kit you supplied conforming to BAS reccomendations - and a return ticket

If it was paid for, I would come with.

Good excuse for a party and get away from the wife for a bit lol

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

i never said the earth was flat. i just said why is always assumed that a flat earth would be edged. If the earth was flat then it would also be possible the we live on an infinite plane. Just as it possible we live in an infinite universe. please read before you jump to conclusions

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape ...and a return ticket

Ha, now you're catching on.

originally posted by: twitchy
I usually only laugh at humorous things, but maybe I'm just not into berating others as a form of entertainment.

I guess there are exceptions to every rule. lol
edit on 29-1-2016 by twitchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
a reply to: ignorant_ape

i never said the earth was flat. i just said why is always assumed that a flat earth would be edged. If the earth was flat then it would also be possible the we live on an infinite plane. Just as it possible we live in an infinite universe. please read before you jump to conclusions

But if it was an infinite plain and not a spheroid, how would you explain astronomy?
edit on 290829/1/1616 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

you have yet to provide evidence that we are allowed to fly over or travel completely across the continent unless i missed something in your last link. why would we I want to?

Why does anybody do anything? why did we want to "go to the moon"

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

why did we want to "go to the moon"

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

That, and to kick the Rooskies butts.

edit on 1/29/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

you have yet to provide evidence that we are allowed to fly over or travel completely across the continent unless i missed something in your last link. why would we I want to?

Why does anybody do anything? why did we want to "go to the moon"

If it's just because you want to then you can charter a private jet to take you over. Costs a fortune because of the risk involved (cold kind of messed about with things), but you can.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

im not claiming that the earth is flat, nor that its an infinite plane, just as asking questions.

If i were to believe these things, there are number of explanations that could describe what astrology is. use you imagination.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

The big difference is in the church you are brainwashed with doctrine to back up how that particular domination interprets scripture for many many years. I've never heard the flat earth theory being taught in church and grew up in the South attending strict Baptist churches. Creationism yeah, plenty of that but nothing even close to flat earth. Think really strict segments, the home school crowd are probably the only ones actually teaching it but majority of churches don't teach it. Most modern flat earthers get their flat earth stuff form the internet alone, its new to them and just adds on to believing science is all lies. Another piece of the puzzle. Doctrine itself has been advocated for thousands of years. That is why people can believe in doctrine but not in a flat earth. If most churches had been teaching flat earth for thousand of years, most Christians would believe it.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

do u have evidence of this claim or are you just speaking in generalities

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

the question was more rhetorical, but thank you for the input.

when do you think civilians will go to the moon?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

do u have evidence of this claim or are you just speaking in generalities

Never mind.

How about this? LINK

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1
Within 15 years, if they're willing to pay enough.

edit on 1/29/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

If i were to believe these things, there are number of explanations that could describe what astrology is. use you imagination.

I have yet to see/hear one that a, makes any sense or b, can't be disproved pretty quickly.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Somebody made a flat Earth thread once, and associated it with religion. It was somewhat intelligent. I've been looking for it through search, but can't find it. Does anybody remember it?

I don't recall reading it but I did some reading on this once and my conclusion was that the flat earth myth was used as a weapon to discredit some who were resistant to Darwin's theories.

In fact, the flat earth story is a myth, propagated by academics in order to paint their adversaries falsely as fools. It’s a politically motivated lie—just like Global Warming theory.

The Flat Earth is a myth

Did you get that? The real reason why the "flat earth" myth persists is because of a deliberate and deceitful effort by Darwinists to propagate it in order to discredit Christians. The truth about the earth was known and accepted - until Darwinists set off on an anti-Christian propaganda campaign to muddy the waters. Long discredited myths (invented by Darwinists!) are trotted out as a matter of course.

The Recycling Of Anti Christian Mythology

But the story is totally false. It was pure fiction until it was turned into a phony historical claim by late-19th century Darwinists who used it to slander Christians.

Matthew Paul Reves' Amazon review

The pseudo-historical propaganda of Draper and White has been thoroughly discredited by twentieth-century historians. Apparently, however, Graur doesn't read much history. Instead, he unknowingly caricatures critics of Darwinism on the basis of a myth that the Darwinists themselves fabricated.

Not The Flat Earth Myth Again!

The flat-earth myth...a very successful attempt to discredit creationists. To discredit their critics Darwinists needed support, and since the evidence for the creation of all life by natural means was non-existent then other means were sought. The few writings of those who claimed the Church suppressed science, especially the flat-earth claims, were exploited by the foes of creationism.

The flat-earth myth was created by intellectuals in their attempt to discredit Darwin sceptics. This ploy indicates the lack of persuasive scientific evidence for Darwinism that existed at that time in history. Darwinists, secularists and others saw the flat-earth myth as a ‘powerful weapon’ against sceptics.

The flat-earth myth and creationism

So where on earth did this idea that Columbus would sail off the edge of the earth come from? Apparently it originated in the mind of Washington Irving in an 1828 fictional book he wrote about Columbus. That the idea caught on in the minds of people is obvious but how did this fantasy get elevated to truth in the classroom? According to historian Jeffrey Russell it was a deliberate attempt by a few historians and academics of the day to discredit Christians who were resistant to the new evolutionary theories of Darwin.

The Flat Earth - A Lesson To Us All

The idea that the earth is flat is a modern concoction that reached its peak only after Darwinists tried to discredit the Bible, an American history professor says.

Who invented the idea of a flat Earth?

Both J.B. Russell and Gould argue that Draper and White had an agenda to discredit Christians who opposed the then-new theories of Darwin as ‘flat earthers’. Nothing much has changed!

Flat earth myth

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
To me it just beggars belief that anyone could even entertain the flat-earth notion,especially in this day and age of instant comms. Anyone ever get a frantic call from a friend or relative on a cruise-liner saying:"Oh my god there's this huge precipice in the ocean and the ship's about to go over the edge into space/the abyss! Tell everyone i love them." ??

I mean..for pete's sake..

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

you keep showing me company's that will fly you in ,and stop, and turn around and go back not one that flys you completely over the continent. really your just helping prove my point by posting these links.

Or are you not understanding what evidence I ask for?

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

you keep showing me company's that will fly you in ,and stop, and turn around and go back not one that flys you completely over the continent. really your just helping prove my point by posting these links.

Or are you not understanding what evidence I ask for?

That last one flies you OVER the South Pole.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

i would be willing to go just to see if really "rings like a bell" when you land on it. ill start saving my frequent flier miles

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join