It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he won’t participate in GOP debate on Fox News

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
Trump wants to run the country, but cant handle a personal spat with a Fox News reporter?

Meygen Kelly is no Putin.

Pouting and threatening to take your ball home with you may work with a company, but getting cranky with other world leaders and storming out of meetings with people you don't like wont work.

Why does everyone keep saying he is afraid of kelly?
He's not.
He is controlling the whole situation with fox and the rest of the media, like internet and print and radio.
12 more hours and we'll see what happens.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I give trump the benefit of the doubt, nothing more, and nothing less. I wont be voting for anyone, but trump has a spark of interest so, I am actually hearing what he has to say. I do like what he is doing to the msm. That alone is a plus in my book.

However, I also pay close attention to other commentaries like Milo Yiannopoulos (My personal Hero, Mostly because he destroys feminism with the truth Plus common sense, and he tells it how it is. (He has more balls than most men do.). I don't care if he is attracted to the other sex, Milo has proven himself to have common sense over feminism and similar PC entities, with his commentaries against them.

If he has some faith on the Donald, perhaps there is more than meets the eye that people aren't seeing yet.

Milo vs Feminists

I give these clips so you can have an idea who Milo is, and why his opinion matters. He represents a wider community than most people realize. So, if he favors Donald, while speaking through logic and common sense, I think Donald actually has a bigger shot at the presidency than most people realize. He is appealing to a very large audience. Of course, the ones against Donald trump are: Feminism and other PC organizations.

Donald has a shot, I say give him a chance, what is the worse that can happen? The worse already happened. In my honest opinion with the last two presidents.

And Hilary... well I wont even go there.

Edit:

Trump has been attacked left and right by fox news, if Trump does not go to the debate, I see the obvious reasons why. It is a brilliant move from his part.

edit on th2016000000Thursdayth000000Thu, 28 Jan 2016 09:00:01 -0600fAmerica/ChicagoThu, 28 Jan 2016 09:00:01 -0600 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Little girls in bikinis? You mean mid-length flocked dresses? Anyhow, I won't be watching without Trump, but there will probably be a backlash from democrats who will tune in just to prove him wrong about the ratings. a reply to: RomeByFire

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted...

Veteran's Group Won't Take Trump Fundraiser Donations

he head of an Iraq and Afghanistan veterans group says they will decline donations from the fundraising event Donald Trump plans to hold Thursday night as he sits out the Republican primary debate.
If offered, @IAVA will decline donations from Trump's event. We need strong policies from candidates, not to be used for political stunts.
Now it's Cruz yanking vets into the nastiness of the presidential fights before Iowa. This is not what vets need.

Source

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Exactly. Where is the talk about overhauling the VA and making it more efficient? Why is it that the go to way to "support veterans" is to just throw money at veteran groups? That doesn't fix the VA. That doesn't get people talking about issues plaguing the system. That doesn't get needed medications to suffering and injured soldiers. #s disgusting. Using veterans as political tools while feigning support for them even though you could care less about what they are going through.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I have MSNBC on while doing housework and they said they've contacted all the VA organizations they know of and NONE of them are involved in a fundraiser with Trump. Wounded Warriors says they're not involved with whatever Trump has planned.

Another veterans' organizations also spoke out about Trump's fundraising event fundraiser. CNN reports that the Wounded Warrior Project states that they are "not aware" of Trump doing any fundraising for the organization.
Read more at www.starpulse.com...

edit on 1/28/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Interesting development in that Trump has found a venue to hold his little event that is much smaller than anticipated. Apparently he's having a hard time getting people together on this one.

It will be held at a Drake University facility.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Oh. so maybe he is being an outsider again..... He can raise money and give them a check without the WWP and others.

You guys crack me the hell up.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

He also moved his "rally" to an hour earlier. There's speculation that he'll show up at the debate halfway through. FOX is scrambling trying organize putting up an extra podium in case he shows up...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The "extra" podium will be great for an "empty chair" debate.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

He also moved his "rally" to an hour earlier. There's speculation that he'll show up at the debate halfway through. FOX is scrambling trying organize putting up an extra podium in case he shows up...

Who is everyone talking about today ?

Trump is a master at playing the media.

Without Trump the debate comes down to a couple of Cuban whiners, and crybaby Rand.

Whatever Trump decides to do....That's what I will watch.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Without Trump the debate comes down to a couple of Cuban whiners, and crybaby Rand.

Why watch anything then? Sounds like your mind is already made up. Or do you just watch debates to create echo chambers for Donald Trump? Instead of denying ignorance and equally analyzing each candidates' arguments to see which is stronger than the other, which is the reason you are SUPPOSED to watch a debate.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

You're calling Rand a crybaby? Why is that? Because he refused to be in a debate? LOL! Pretty funny! Your boy is crying to the world, "That's not FAIR!!! Megyn's MEAN to me!"

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Tonights debate...in a nutshell

Kasich will tells us 4 times about how he is the only one to balance a budget..and talk about his state...
Rand will pontificate on some obscure issue....and refer to the Bill of Rights 4 times in one long sentence
Bush will try to get the words out but somehow look unprepared...
Christie will tell you all about how he was a AG and what he got done...
Rubio will endorse Bernie Sanders in hi bigget flip/flop ever, or maybe he will just try to point out he DOES vote
Carson will tells a few one liners...(i like this guy) and explain EMP's again
Cruz will defend his birthright and tell you what you want to hear
Debate could be over in 23 minutes....

Who will they ALL be talking about and is not even there. Donald Trump.

I would put 50 that the first question is from Kelly asking about if they care if Trump is not there and how it will help them tonight.

In none of the debates has another candidate other than Trump truly brought up a major issue short of Rand I think once about the budget.

edit on 01am31amf0000002016-01-28T11:33:42-06:001142 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Typical Trump when going gets tough, run away. You just know he will do or say something crazy to try and steal the spotlight. The man can not stand to have attention not on him even if means most of the planet hates him.

Not sure that I would call beating everybody's asses big time in polling, and telling the most successful media outlet to GTH because their lead bimbo is a terrible, fake journalist....is "running away". We're not really supposed to redefine words for our own hates and dislikes.

I like how certain people are saying "oh hawhawhawhaw how will he deal with Putin ?"

um, newsflash, he just got done negotiating with the biggest media mogul in the country, and his pet chickadee, and he buried them both.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Trump refusing to do the debates is him whining while calling it 'being tough'.
It was over a news article by a writer which said some pretty unprofessional stuff to be honest. But Trump stomped out and took his ball home with him.

But I say the entire GOP field should boycott Fox because apparently they plan on having a YouTube famous Illegal Immigrant featured to ask a question to the candidates as a "gotcha".

Nope

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Trump doesn't need to show up. He already won...... again.

Maybe, just maybe he is holding it an hour earlier is so he can total dominate tonights activites, from afar. CNN is covering the event tonight. IT WILL BLOW FOX's NUMBERS AWAY.

And, he can show up to a willing MSM tomorrow, and all weekend, and respond-reply to whatever BS is said about this this evening---- it he chooses to.

I think many of you are just as dumbfounded as the MSM in that you can't figure out how TRUMP can being doing so well by NOT following the normal proceedures.

So, what will you all be watching tonight. Kusich begging for the liberal repubs votes? Carson-will be ignored again, Christie telling how he will do what he did in NJ to the country (remember Bridgegate), and then Cruz, Rubio and Paul act like they are on the Senate floor. PLEASE.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
a reply to: Khaleesi

Albeit attempting to straw from the slippery slope fallacy, I can't help but ask how Trump would respond in high-stress situations, and in particular ones involving topics and/or people who doesn't agree with?

Would you simply cease any diplomacy and do as he's done here? Again - slippery slope fallacy, I'm not playing coy, and this is hypothetical - although I find it to be a reasonable assumption to make.

But then again, I don't see this as walking away from a bad deal - I see it as walking away, which is something I would aspire a POTUS to not do. Stand fast and strong, despite opposition and always attempt to transcend differences in order to alleviate issues, therefore allowing diplomacy to take form.

I hardly see Trump as a diplomatic man, I see him as an egotist who has a view of "my high or the highway," in which simply does not work in politics.

I'm not arguing for or against Trump and his leadership/diplomacy abilities. I am saying if the voters accept his premise that this is about business and walking away from a bad deal then it will work for him. If they do not, it will work against him.

In the business world, what he is doing works well. If you perceive a business deal is bad and you gain nothing from the deal, you walk away. Do the voters want the country to be run as a business? That is the question that will answer if this decision works in his favor or not.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This entire election season is a complete circus to where there is no compass or center to hold any SENSE or direction. It's all an abstract Dali painting now.

edit on 28-1-2016 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Why watch anything then? Sounds like your mind is already made up. Or do you just watch debates to create echo chambers for Donald Trump? Instead of denying ignorance and equally analyzing each candidates' arguments to see which is stronger than the other, which is the reason you are SUPPOSED to watch a debate.

You don't think we know all of their arguments, positions, pecadillos, failings....from all of the earlier debates and 4 months of dissection in the media ? This debate is the be-all end-fall of something ? Nah, not really.

It's just more Megyn Kelley doing "look at me !" "I don't like Trump !"

If you're advocating for the importance of all that.....don't know what to tell ya.....

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join