It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he won’t participate in GOP debate on Fox News

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Making it harder to come here illegally is a fantastic reason, stopping non Americans that are coming in from terrorist controlled areas in order to keep terrorism down to a minimum is a fantastic reason, finding a way to eliminate long distance recruiting tools for ISIS recruitment is a fantastic reason, repealing healthcare, etc. It's not like he's going to be in the White House and making decisions alone. He'll have military generals for military policies and ideals, and people hired for all walks of presidential tasks. At least you know what you're getting instead of a campaign full of lies. That's gotta stand for something.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This does not matter; Trump will still win Iowa. Winning Iowa does not matter. What does matter is Trump showing he isn't beholden to the biggest special interest group on the gop side, fox news. Fox news is going crazy over this because they have never had a candidate capable of winning tell them where to go. Ron Paul and a few others pushed back on Fox but no one with this kind of following. Fox news is used to being the gop kingmaker and this time so far they clearly are not.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: LSU0408

No, and no offense, but you have terrible comprehension skills.

Ahh, But offense was meant to be given.

Murdochs Fox is the republican party mouthpiece, and why would democrats debate them?

are the dems cowards for not wanting to debate Fox's team
The candidates are meant to debate each others opposing viewpoints, answering a public question in an assembly, and the fox team adjudicate the debate, not participate in debating opposing viewpoints with democrats.

Shame, I had to point out the basics to you.

No, my post was simply about being a coward for walking away from a debate held by Republicans, and seeing if the same standard was held for those that aren't Republicans. You didn't comprehend what I was saying, the same thing you did to me two times yesterday. So no, I really wasn't trying to offend you and wanted to tell you that before I stated my reply.

I suggest you reflect on your delivery rather than attack my comprehension then.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Indeed... They've been split since they realized he's not fading out.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

We'll see... He's got about a day left. I wasn't looking forward to the debate for sure.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU0408

No, and no offense, but you have terrible comprehension skills.

Ahh, But offense was meant to be given.

Murdochs Fox is the republican party mouthpiece, and why would democrats debate them?

are the dems cowards for not wanting to debate Fox's team
The candidates are meant to debate each others opposing viewpoints, answering a public question in an assembly, and the fox team adjudicate the debate, not participate in debating opposing viewpoints with democrats.

Shame, I had to point out the basics to you.

No, my post was simply about being a coward for walking away from a debate held by Republicans, and seeing if the same standard was held for those that aren't Republicans. You didn't comprehend what I was saying, the same thing you did to me two times yesterday. So no, I really wasn't trying to offend you and wanted to tell you that before I stated my reply.

I suggest you reflect on your delivery rather than attack my comprehension then.

Eh? Ok lol.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I've read the thread through and we have the usual posts and opinions.

I like the move by Trump against Fox. Yet the overall game plan eludes me.

This 'could' bump his poll numbers up even farther. The trouble being poll numbers and delegate votes at the convention aren't the same thing. Trump could end up with the majority in the polls yet pissing off the rest of the good old boy network won't win him the nomination. He is almost out of time registering for an independent run as president, as well.

So what's his game plan???

The only thing I can come up with is he knows he won't get the nomination and his plan is long term, not this election cycle. He IS a catalyst for those disaffected with business as usual and may be setting himself up as the leader of a third party following the Presidential election. A possibility?

In any event, I have decided not to vote if Trump isn't nominated. Period. Not even Cruz.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ
makes me wonder what channel will cover the Trump wounded warrior fundraiser. I would watch that instead.

You mean for every dollar The Donald raises $0.40 will go to pay for more elaborate and insanely expensive fundraising parties or exec pay?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think it could end up hurting Trump in Iowa but not necessarily in other places.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I think it could end up hurting Trump in Iowa but not necessarily in other places.

Ronald Reagan skipped the last debate in Iowa and he lost by I think, 1%, but he went on to win the general election.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
He should agree to Cruz and have a debate at the Wounded Warrior Project event. Tomorrow night...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

It will be nice to see a full debate without it being larded by Trumpisms. I don't dislike the effect Trump has had, but I am getting tired of the lack of substance.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
He should agree to Cruz and have a debate at the Wounded Warrior Project event. Tomorrow night...

That would be so smart. He should invite Cruz and Rubio and tell everyone else they are irrlelevant. Go to a rival channel to televise the debate at the same time as the Fox debate.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Man, that would take ALLLLLLLLL the eyes off of the GOP debate and make revert them to the Trump/Cruz debate... That would be pretty effin awesome.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Nah, I don't think he's wishing to piss Fox off, just get away from irrelevant questions. I doubt he'd go to a rival channel.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

a reply to: matafuchs

Man, that would take ALLLLLLLLL the eyes off of the GOP debate and make revert them to the Trump/Cruz debate... That would be pretty effin awesome.

Not for Trump

Cruz would destroy him, not only does Cruz know the facts, not only is he in practice with years of being a constitutional lawyer and fighting causes on the senate floor

The man is a world champion debate winner

Trump would be left in a heap on the floor

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I was reading about this and I think, he was going to do it, then FOX put out that joking news report, Trump read that and he was on edge about doing it anyway and that sealed the deal. There was another interesting article written a while back on how Trump was a FOX daringly because of ratings until the first debate, when they essentially betrayed him. Having seen the mistreatment by FOX heaped on Ron Paul in both 2008 and 2012, FOX is about as establishment Neo-con as it gets. It might as well be GOP news. The fact that this fight exists tells me the GOP does not want Trump which means the establishment does want Trump, they don't want Rand Paul either. They also don't seem to thrilled with Sanders either.

I hope America gets exactly what FOX news doesn't want from it's own base of viewers.

And that would be a TRUMP/PAUL presidency.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I was reading about this and I think, he was going to do it, then FOX put out that joking news report, Trump read that and he was on edge about doing it anyway and that sealed the deal.

So he can dish out flack but cant take it....

There was another interesting article written a while back on how Trump was a FOX daringly because of ratings until the first debate, when they essentially betrayed him

In other words asked him tough questions , and addressed inflammatory things about him just like they did with the other candidates...because they will come up in the final run between the two dem and rep nominees during the race

So Trump doesnt want real issues asked... it sounds like hes more like Obama and Hillary than people want to believe, I suppose he should be able to screen all the questions first too....

aving seen the mistreatment by FOX heaped on Ron Paul in both 2008 and 2012, FOX is about as establishment Neo-con as it gets.

I agree what they did to Paul was atrocious, but even Paul didnt run away from the tough questions or the debates and throw a fit, he met it all head on .

The fact that this fight exists tells me the GOP does not want Trump which means the establishment does want Trump,

Are you kidding? More and more establishment Repbs are backing Trump, look at the list of people hes gathering who are so damn establishment its crazy, Most recently Sarah Palin and Bob Dole...

Honestly if youre looking for a candidate that the establishment hates then it would be CRUZ, seriously look at all the reports, google it....they would much rather have Trump..

And that would be a TRUMP/PAUL presidency.

yet another indication that you might not be paying attention to whats going on

This would never happen, Paul and Trump are diametrically opposed, those two's core values are in no way close to the same, Paul would never accept working with Trump.

No offense to you personally, because you just might not know these things, but posts like these illustrate exactly what we mean by low information voters
edit on 1/27/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Reagan skipped the last Republican debate in Iowa, then he won the POTUS in a landslide.

"FLASHBACK: Ronald Reagan Skipped Last Debate Before IA Caucus – Went on to Win in Landslide"
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Reagan skipped the last Republican debate in Iowa, then he won the POTUS in a landslide.

"FLASHBACK: Ronald Reagan Skipped Last Debate Before IA Caucus – Went on to Win in Landslide"
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

This morning on FOX NEWS, "It is UNPRECEDENTED" for a presidential contender.....blah blah blah
When Trump first announced his run, I said he already accomplished more than any politician was able to do! He got the status quo Republicans and Democrats to agree on something!

Now this!

By saying he is not going to do the debate, we have the same love fest between the status quo who complain for changing the system yet supporting the same players in the game........

That is TWICE since Trump has started his campaign that he has brought the left and right together!!! Who has done that?

Maybe he is the next Ronald Reagan!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join