It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he won’t participate in GOP debate on Fox News

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Eh, I won't believe that anymore than I believed it the first time we went around with the Kelly/Trump feud. What I actually see is that the candidates are making big news and headlines by yanking the debate process around this whole time. This would be the third time it's happened this season, and this time, only the Donald is the one trying to pull strings.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is hilarious news. I wonder if FOX will cave. They claim they are behind the scenes trying to work something out.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Some people pick their person (or team) and back them to the hilt.

Although part of me suspect that they see Donald as a means of revenge over all the slights from the Obama years. I hope I'm wrong on that one, but I think they secretly want "their" guy to be just as nasty and autocratic as Obama has been. I think Trump could very well provide that.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: VoiceOfDissent

Apparently, Ailes contacted Trump's wife and daughter to get him to reconsider:

Donald Trump feud causes panicking Fox News CEO Roger Ailes to call Ivanka and Melania in attempt to get the frontrunner BACK to the debate - but he'll only speak to Murdoch.

www.dailymail.co.uk... bate-ll-speak-Murdoch.html

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Everything is a campaign agenda.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Some people pick their person (or team) and back them to the hilt.

Although part of me suspect that they see Donald as a means of revenge over all the slights from the Obama years. I hope I'm wrong on that one, but I think they secretly want "their" guy to be just as nasty and autocratic as Obama has been. I think Trump could very well provide that.

I think that might have a lot more to play in it than we want it to , to be honest

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Everything is a campaign agenda.

Thats not a lie lol

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Yep, backlash is a b****. And I'm not sure I want to see the results.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yep, backlash is a b****. And I'm not sure I want to see the results.

I agree wholeheartedly. I told my partner about 6 months ago that the pendulum is starting to swing. I thinks it's going to swing hard to the right. While I am fairly conservative, I have a few issues that I'm moderate to somewhat liberal on. It could get ugly and I'm not looking forward to that.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Well, there is swinging to the right, and there is swinging to the right.

If we're talking swinging to the right in the Classical Liberal sense which is more libertarian and originalist Constitutional, then I'm perfectly happy. If we're talking swinging to the right in a more authoritarian, fascist, European manner, then I may not disagree with as many policies as vehemently, but it doesn't solve the fundamental problems of too much government and too much spending which will sink us in the end and keep us set up for another ultra-liberal authoritarian.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
What's really funny about all this is that Trump's team is having a hard time finding a place to hold this Veteran's fundraiser. They were rejected by two separate venues in Des Moines, no other venues have enough space and they don't want to pay the price for an arena.

It's quite possible this event may not even take place.

Certainly speaks to a lack of planning.

From what I've seen, he's impulsive -- not a planner and certainly not a long-range planner. This was the source of his business failures -- he has a bright idea and throws money and says "make it happen" without finding out if it's possible or even it's a good idea.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

So what's the difference between an actor and a damned lawyer? The latter will argue either side of the debate depending on who retains him. The actor will take the role that pays. Now add in politicians in general....get the idea/

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Trump wants to run the country, but cant handle a personal spat with a Fox News reporter?

Meygen Kelly is no Putin.

Pouting and threatening to take your ball home with you may work with a company, but getting cranky with other world leaders and storming out of meetings with people you don't like wont work.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
Trump wants to run the country, but cant handle a personal spat with a Fox News reporter?

Pouting and threatening to take your ball home with you may work with a company, but getting cranky with other world leaders and storming out of meetings with people you don't like wont work.

Exactly. There are some circumstances in which being ballsy can in fact reap benefits, as "the leader of the free world," one would certainly expect a modicum of respect, even if one doesn't agree with something, no?

Are have we reached a point in society where if we don't like something, or if someone reacts in a way one doesn't agree with, we close up the box and go home?

Doesn't Trump always pride and brag about how great of a businessman he is, and how he gets along with everybody?

In 2016, I really hoped Americans would elect a leader who is more interested in unity and leadership rather than division and favoritism.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Leonidas

Exactly. There are some circumstances in which being ballsy can in fact reap benefits, as "the leader of the free world," one would certainly expect a modicum of respect, even if one doesn't agree with something, no?

Are have we reached a point in society where if we don't like something, or if someone reacts in a way one doesn't agree with, we close up the box and go home?

Doesn't Trump always pride and brag about how great of a businessman he is, and how he gets along with everybody?

In 2016, I really hoped Americans would elect a leader who is more interested in unity and leadership rather than division and favoritism.

Trump is looking at this as a businessman. If you do not benefit from a business deal, you walk away. Whether that will be a good strategy remains to be seen. If the voters see this in the terms that Trump is framing this fight in terms of a business, it may work to his advantage. If the voters want business smarts (walking away from a bad deal) this is what they will see him doing. How this will affect his campaign all depends on if the voters agree with him or not. We can sit here and debate whether we think the country should be run as a business or not. Finding out if the voters want the country to be run as a business will tell you whether this move will help or hurt Trump.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Albeit attempting to straw from the slippery slope fallacy, I can't help but ask how Trump would respond in high-stress situations, and in particular ones involving topics and/or people who doesn't agree with?

Would you simply cease any diplomacy and do as he's done here? Again - slippery slope fallacy, I'm not playing coy, and this is hypothetical - although I find it to be a reasonable assumption to make.

But then again, I don't see this as walking away from a bad deal - I see it as walking away, which is something I would aspire a POTUS to not do. Stand fast and strong, despite opposition and always attempt to transcend differences in order to alleviate issues, therefore allowing diplomacy to take form.

I hardly see Trump as a diplomatic man, I see him as an egotist who has a view of "my high or the highway," in which simply does not work in politics.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Foderalover

I think this is a good example of the type of rational we can expect in the presidency and I like it.

He might actually get some respect from Russia.

Do you know how Russians treat gay people?

People actually protested Putin by mailing him dildos... true story. Half of the GOP candidates support a no-fly zone in known Russian airspace and have stated on-air they would "shoot them down," clearly they have no idea what the ramifications of such an act would have.

Anyways, Donald Trump is not the first person in the world to talk about veterans, either. *cough* Dr. Ron Paul *cough*

The Paul family.

All talk and no action for 20+ years and counting.

Just what we need. Same as the rest.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Foderalover

My problem with Bernie is the he's been in government for over 30 years and hasn't accomplished any of the things he talks about.

I don't want that for the next four years.

Same as the Paul family on the GOP side.

Talk Talk Talk and never any action

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
I think it's great that Trump is skipping the debate because the person filling his slot will be Rand Paul. Now Rand just needs to be aggressive and get his voice heard.

Why bother both the Paul's are losers on any election.

Wasted vote. They both have talked and talked for 20+ years, but NEVER take a major stand on anything.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
I think it's great that Trump is skipping the debate because the person filling his slot will be Rand Paul. Now Rand just needs to be aggressive and get his voice heard.

Why bother both the Paul's are losers on any election.

Wasted vote. They both have talked and talked for 20+ years, but NEVER take a major stand on anything.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join