It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harris grand jury indicts pair behind Planned Parenthood videos

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
While this appears to be justice to the millions of rational Americans, the sole purpose of the edited video was carried out to a success. Indictment or not, we now have millions of people who believe the videos were real.

The damage has been done and no number of indictments will change that.

Just look at this thread. We actually have posters claiming PP has their pants down and what not.

The truth seldom matters.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

This is the 11th time PP has been found innocent of any wrongdoing. Thankfully, this time the grand jury turned the tables. It won't stop those idiots running Texas from trying again. And again.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: spinalremain

Sadly, you are all too correct... this country has become so much form over substance it is just plain sad. PP does a LOT of good work, for (mostly) women who do not have access to good health care otherwise. And now they have to divert far too many resources to responding to this kind of tripe.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
for those of you who want us to decribe how the videos were edited to misrepresent the facts:

mediamatters.org...

for many of us, we've been down this road far too many times already, we know regardless of what we say, people are going to believe what they want, it's a waste of our time, when this thread is to discuss the indictments.

CMP presented a number of contracts in hopes that planned parenthood would sign them. They were all rejected because they were found by planned parenthood lawyers to be proposing illegal activities. This might be what the Grand jury was looking at when they indicted them for the fetal tissue bit. But, this is only a misdemeanor, and not what should be the greatest concern, although it is rather humorous.

It's the tampering with gov't documents that is carrying with it a minimum sentence of two years and a nice big fine. they used fake gov't issued driver's licenses, and in one instance basically stole the identity of one of their old classmates.
As far as I know, real journalists don't go around creating fake gov't documents to get their stories! and although undercover police officers might, I have a feeling that they can do it legally as the necessity arises.

From what I have seen Fox news and the other right wing commentators have been focusing on the fetal buying/selling charges and not really saying much of anything about the felony charge that they are being indicted on, that of creating fake gov't documents. These people also lied about their non-profit organization CMP, categorizing it wrongly on gov't documents, hiding their political motives. They created a fake business, created and sent through the mail fake advertisements which is mail fraud. You don't hear about any of that on Fox news, or the other right wing commentators. You just hear about how they had a right to videotape these people without their knowing and that their desire to uncover the wrongdoing justifies their actions. And, maybe it does in the case of the wiretapping, I ain't gonna debate that one. But they have deliberately lied to the SEC, the IRS, about that fake business, they have created fake gov't documents, they have committed mail fraud... I don't think that there is a justification of these crimes!

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
So these people who exposed baby part trading are being made into villains by the Left while Snowden was a hero to them for exposing nothing we already didn't know? The NSA spies, duh we all knew that, but we didn't know Planned Parenthood was a human parts vendor of the baby kind.

If you ever wondered why Trump was popular, look no further. The Left is so blatant pushing their agenda these days. These people are the real heroes but Obama's justice department has been let loose in a fury of revenge on them.

A Texas prosecutor and Texas Rangers are of the left?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I didn't "fail to describe" anything. I told you specifically that I would NOT describe it for you. I'm not going to hold your hand. Be a big boy or girl and go find out for yourself. I'm not your mommy.

Right, you wont describe these "heavy edits" because you dont know of any. All you know is that PP and it's propaganda media keep saying there are "heavy edits". I've read dozens of articles making this claim and all they ever point to is a picture of a still born baby that was depicted as an aborted baby. That's not heavy editing or editing that has any bearing on the outcome of the video.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
for those of you who want us to decribe how the videos were edited to misrepresent the facts:

mediamatters.org...

Ok, right off the bat you're linking to a known left wing, partisan website. Second, it starts off with this hilarious line:

"An independent analysis commissioned by Planned Parenthood "

So they're independent, yet commissioned by a group that got their desired outcome?

The rest is just filler to make it seem like a legitimate article. Again, they give ZERO EVIDENCE. They only make claims that you guys dutifully repeat without having any idea what you're supporting.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Yup.

PP had somebody do some clever editing.

Those got mixed in with the real videos.

A great effort of controlled opposition if there ever was one.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

well, cmp also hired their own investigators who said the videos were legit.
but, I gave you a thread to follow, once that I already spent quite a bit of time following and don't feel like back tracking. I posted my findings on various threads about these videos on ATS. if you are interested in the answer to your question, you will follow the thread.
This thread is about the indictments, not the integrity of the videos.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: spinalremain
While this appears to be justice to the millions of rational Americans, the sole purpose of the edited video was carried out to a success. Indictment or not, we now have millions of people who believe the videos were real.

The damage has been done and no number of indictments will change that.

Just look at this thread. We actually have posters claiming PP has their pants down and what not.

The truth seldom matters.

For sure... I've been saying for a while now that these PP videos are just the next version of Climategate. Never mind that it has been proven a hoax 6 times over, people STILL bring it up as a counter in climate change debates. And just you wait, whenever PP is brought up in the future, some yahoo is going to bring these videos up or talk about "selling baby parts" and we'll all just sigh and roll our eyes...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
So these people who exposed baby part trading are being made into villains by the Left while Snowden was a hero to them for exposing nothing we already didn't know? The NSA spies, duh we all knew that, but we didn't know Planned Parenthood was a human parts vendor of the baby kind.

If you ever wondered why Trump was popular, look no further. The Left is so blatant pushing their agenda these days. These people are the real heroes but Obama's justice department has been let loose in a fury of revenge on them.

A Texas prosecutor and Texas Rangers are of the left?

someone in the DA's office is on the board of PP.

The news didn't say who.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I didn't "fail to describe" anything. I told you specifically that I would NOT describe it for you. I'm not going to hold your hand. Be a big boy or girl and go find out for yourself. I'm not your mommy.

Right, you wont describe these "heavy edits" because you dont know of any. All you know is that PP and it's propaganda media keep saying there are "heavy edits". I've read dozens of articles making this claim and all they ever point to is a picture of a still born baby that was depicted as an aborted baby. That's not heavy editing or editing that has any bearing on the outcome of the video.

CMP also posted the unedited vids on YT.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Nothing is more dangerous in this country than the conservative propaganda machine, just look at the end results of climate gate, the planned parenthood videos, the whole Benghazi circus, the Obamacare death panels,

I could list more but I'm short on time

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Her name is Lauren Reeder and she is not prosecuting the case.

www.houstonchronicle.com... ium

"She will not be involved in any manner in this investigation," Anderson said. "If at any time in the future, reliable and credible information is brought to my attention that would question our ability to continue to perform a fair, thorough and independent investigation of this matter due to her board membership, I will revisit the issue of seeking the appointment of an independent prosecutor and act accordingly."

edit on 26-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

mediamatters.org...

for many of us, we've been down this road far too many times already, we know regardless of what we say, people are going to believe what they want, it's a waste of our time, when this thread is to discuss the indictments.

CMP presented a number of contracts in hopes that planned parenthood would sign them. They were all rejected because they were found by planned parenthood lawyers to be proposing illegal activities. This might be what the Grand jury was looking at when they indicted them for the fetal tissue bit. But, this is only a misdemeanor, and not what should be the greatest concern, although it is rather humorous.

It's the tampering with gov't documents that is carrying with it a minimum sentence of two years and a nice big fine. they used fake gov't issued driver's licenses, and in one instance basically stole the identity of one of their old classmates.
As far as I know, real journalists don't go around creating fake gov't documents to get their stories! and although undercover police officers might, I have a feeling that they can do it legally as the necessity arises.

From what I have seen Fox news and the other right wing commentators have been focusing on the fetal buying/selling charges and not really saying much of anything about the felony charge that they are being indicted on, that of creating fake gov't documents. These people also lied about their non-profit organization CMP, categorizing it wrongly on gov't documents, hiding their political motives. They created a fake business, created and sent through the mail fake advertisements which is mail fraud. You don't hear about any of that on Fox news, or the other right wing commentators. You just hear about how they had a right to videotape these people without their knowing and that their desire to uncover the wrongdoing justifies their actions. And, maybe it does in the case of the wiretapping, I ain't gonna debate that one. But they have deliberately lied to the SEC, the IRS, about that fake business, they have created fake gov't documents, they have committed mail fraud... I don't think that there is a justification of these crimes!

It's quite amazing to me that you get stars and yet that article doesnt answer my question. Do any of you care what the truth is, or do you just want your views confirmed?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

like I said, I don't feel like going through another day or two's worth of research jogging my memory...

ppfa.pr-optout.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

It's ironic you ask anyone about this issue if they care about the truth when clearly you don't. Thanks to these videos Planned Parenthood has been under investigation in over 13 states and not of them has found PP of any wrong doing. So there's your truth but will you accept it? Of course you won't.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Open_Minded Skeptic
It's especially gratifying that this happened in Texas... hardly a bastion of those evil liberal types. But very nice to see that they (the grand jury) actually did follow the evidence.

Harris County is almost as far left as Austin. It is most definitely a bastion of liberal types.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Perhaps what you didn't read about were all GOP investigations into PP yet found them all innocent.

Shocking you people don't accept the truth and embrace the lies. Well, looks like your social justice warriors may be off to prison and PP will continue to remain open.

They aren't mine, don't know what you are talking about.

This should be interesting though, since people who are indicted can request depositions from those involved in the case. It'll be pretty interesting to see all those people in the videos take the witness stand and be expected to explain themselves and the nature of the interviews.

I am confused however... if they supposedly bought fetal tissue illegally, who sold it illegally?

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

they presented a few contracts to various planned parenthood clinics that they hoped planned parenthood would sign, but well, the pp lawyers determined that what was being proposed in those contracts were quite illegal, so they were never agreed to by planned parenthood. i don't know if any of those planned parenthoods were in texas or not, or if they would be sufficient evidence that cmp was trying to illegally buy fetal tissue.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join