It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just watched the series premiere of the new X-files...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor oops, double post

edit on 16-2-2016 by peppycat because: double post

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
so...
1 more ep left.
I don't want it to end.
The last ep looks very Independence Day.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
It wasn't bad actually... the themes and actual story were all good and it was a fairly deep episode.
The "trip" and line-dance stuff and the "new" Mulder and Scully I thought were not good at all but the e[isode on the whole wasn't bad.

Still not even close to being a patch on the original series and still utterly pointless to bring it back and just make it a poor imitation of the original series, but hey -we're all still watching.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I actually enjoyed this past episode for various reasons.

We've gotten two "Fun" episodes with this new reboot, both of which I enjoyed. I remember how serious the original series was, but on occasion having a light hearted episode was a joy to watch, and showed that the show was not afraid to make fun of itself, which I always like to see in any show.

The 20th episode, "Jose Chung's From Outer Space" was a classic example of that, all though at the time it caused a lot of scorn from some of the hard core fans of the show. I myself enjoyed it quite a bit!

This past episode, while watching Mulder "Trip", I could not help but start laughing my rear end off. Mostly, all I could think of was David Duchovny in the move "Evolution" (Which was hilariously fun for me to watch too).

While I know a lot of hard core fans tend to scorn these episodes, declare them "stupid" etc, etc, to me it refreshing as it shows that they are not afraid to poke fun at themselves.

Sort of like the funny Conspiracy Theorist video that Springer posted on here quite a while ago. If you can't poke fun at yourself and have a laugh, then you are being WAY too serious, and life is way too short for that.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I really enjoyed the last episode. I was wondering if they were testing reception to an updated Mulder and Scully for either a reboot or spinoff.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I got the same impression, even if just testing the waters. Not sure both of those actors have the charisma or chemistry to pull it off though...but then, given time....

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Really didn't like the shrooms episode at all. In a long running season it's ok to have the occasional bad episode, if you've only got 6 to work with its baffling to me why they did something so under par. I'm sure plenty of people will like it, for me it's the worst one by a long way.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

These Xfiles episodes often correlate well to other episodes or even major media stories.
The opening episode "My struggle" had a lot of Alex Jones government conspiracy parody.
Louis Lefebvre was interviewed on Alex Jones, and IMHO there was some resonant symbolism used.
To be honest I couldn't tell if that was a ship from the Iliad or a scull down the river Styx.
Maybe the last Ep will clear things up?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Episode 3 is HILARIOUS !!!

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Medicator

The Lizard mans little dog Daggoo was cute.

“And what tune is it ye pull to, men?”

No way the CSM could fill the shoes of Richard Wagner in "Babylon" though, so I didn't go home to Opera..

edit on 17-2-2016 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I think you're right,

It would probably be Scully and the younger version of Fox, if the show was continued.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Medicator
Episode 3 is HILARIOUS !!!

I must say when the episode started I was like WTF? X-files just jumped the shark .

However I stuck with it and halfway through , it grew on me.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Watched Ep. 5 last night and all I can say is wtf? This ranks as one of the worst episodes of all 10 seasons. I don't understand what they were trying to do with it.

It starts out like an episode of Homeland. Then we get introduced to the next gen Mulder and Fox. Fox thinks he can trip balls and talk to a terrorist in a coma. Then we find out he was not given an actual hallucinogen but he had "visions" anyways. Ultimately, it was one of the most un-X-Files like episode I can remember.

Don't even get me started with the stereotypes in both the terrorists and the muslim hating rednecks.

The rumor is that Miller and Einstein will takeover the X Files in a new series. If that happens, count me out. Miller has the personality of a cardboard cutout and Einstein is just a plain b*itch. Neither one are likable or interesting in anyway.

I will definitely watch the finale with reserved optimism as this season has had some highlights. However, I think they wasted a chance to create something really special with the 6 episodes we were given.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Fox thinks he can trip balls and talk to a terrorist in a coma. Then we find out he was not given an actual hallucinogen but he had "visions" anyways.

A lot of classical trippy music from the 60's and 70's was never universally interpreted by the public.
Rather than puzzle through esoteric lyrics it was easier to just write it off as hippies doing too much acid.
Maybe it was just me but I thought Einstein playing Dr. Seuss and giving Mulder Niacin instead of acid was both admirable and possibly a clue.
So now all we have to do is wire together some ....mite and we are good to go.

edit on 18-2-2016 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The last episode was tragically bad. It would have made more sense to use the whole 6 episodes to tell a coherent story with a discernible ending and they could have still set it up for a future series. It ended up being a ridiculously cheap cliffhanger.

Despite the actual idea being cool the execution was crap. The chick who redid the MR X scene from JFK was uninformative and pointless, the confrontation with the smoking man was atrociously scripted, cheesy and anticlimactic, there was a wwf match with suplexes through tables and 10 minutes of talk about trying to isolate a frigging gene.

I hated nearly everything about it.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Everything you described sounds terrible & seems like things that I would have fast forwarded through in the original series ( which I happen to be watching at this very moment
)

On season 7, Ep. 21. I've already had to skip some scenes & a few full episodes this season. I may eventually see the new series but won't go out of my way.
edit on 22-2-2016 by Esoterotica because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

I got the same impression, even if just testing the waters. Not sure both of those actors have the charisma or chemistry to pull it off though...but then, given time....

Don't know, but Arrow's cousin is very cute.

I'd watch.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels

originally posted by: Annee
I think different fans like different things about X-Files

Not everyone is all serious about it.

Some just enjoy the chemistry between Scully and Mulder.

And some really love "Monster of the Month".

The Monster of the Week and funny episodes were most definitely some of my very favourites.
I loved the Killer Cockroach one for sample, Jose Chung's, X-Cops, Bad Blood - hokey, hilarious and very tongue in cheek.
But this latest 'Man-Lizard' one was so bad, a mess and the acting and chemistry was woeful.
But sure, each to their own and if people loved it then more power to them.

Finally saw Lizardman.

I loved it. "Can't tell a book by its cover".

Who's the monster?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica

The new series is still worth checking out I guess, many people do seem to enjoy it and my opinion doesn't count for much.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I just saw X-COPS episode yesterday (S7, E12)

Oh my god, so brilliant & hilarious. Easily one of my favorite episodes of any tv show ever.

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
a reply to: Esoterotica

The new series is still worth checking out I guess, many people do seem to enjoy it and my opinion doesn't count for much.

I do want to see it & probably will eventually. From what I understand it's good, & the things you described were only the final episode right?
edit on 22-2-2016 by Esoterotica because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join