It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just watched the series premiere of the new X-files...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I don't know if I should be happy to see the X-files resurrected, or if I should be packing my B.O.B. and heading for the hills.

I would say they covered their bases on the conspiracies, and not the crazy conspiracies either.

Feel free to add some input in case I missed anything.

This will contain spoilers, you've been warned.

People using advanced technology to take over America and the world. Possibly fake alien invasion.

Well, that is high on my conspiracy probability scale.

Using weather warfare to reduce and subjugate the human population. Check, and check.

Few mentions on 9/11. Clips of the military industrial complex, Bush, and the Nazification of America. Oh yeah.

The gun grab conspiracy, martial law, all registered gun owners will be the first to go. Of course.

A comical 'Alex Jones' type character, the guy from the show 'Community', which 'wakes' Mulder up. Well, that's not a conspiracy, but it is reflective of reality.

It doesn't bother me that a show is waving some of the most likely conspiracy scenarios in your face. Most people watching it won't recognize it, some may grow an interest to finding out hidden truths(if it even exists).

What I am concerned about is it actually be waved in your face. What I mean is, when it is waved so obviously in your face, means their is no more reason to hide. The veil has been lifted, and it is too late.

A few things, just food for thought, no predicting just speculating.

Superbowl 50 is around the corner. That's a nice round number. If the plans are in motion, I believe something happening at an event like this would be just the catalyst to kick off the GSC (Global Scientific Dictatorship).

Some of the clips from the first episode, closely resemble some of those very scary government conspiracy youtube videos people post on this site.

Most likely, they really did their homework on the conspiracy aspect for the new show. Discarding all the crazy, and idiotic conspiracies; and mentioning the most realistic/probable ones. If that's the case, kudos to X-files staff.

My concern is the timing, the current state of the world. It's almost like a deja vu moment, like the 'Lone Gunmen' and remote controlling airplanes crashing them into buildings to start off wars for profits kind of moment.

Anyways, I don't know if this belongs on this thread. Mods please feel free to work your magic.

A side note: Mulder's laptop had tape over the video camera. What's striking is that is something I do, which I've never seen shows mention or depict this before I started doing it. Is that something many 'paranoid crazies' do, or is it just me? And Mulder apparently...

I'll be keeping my head on a swivel, I'm not a liberal, but I have a feeling...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I had to skip straight past the rest of your post beyond the word spoilers.

Just tell me this.

WAS IT ANY GOOD?

Thanks

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yes, I would recommend watching it. It's got that nostalgic feel, but this time around it is heavily geared towards the conspiracy crowd.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Ace, Thanks!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Don't forget the FEMA camps with the barbed wire facing inward.
All those conspiracy elements have been around since the early dawn of ATS (except 911).
Sounds like no more allegorical monster of the week eps though?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

I don't know.

If it is an allegorical monster, what's the hidden meaning behind the paraphrased 'dumbing down, sickening, and corporate take over of an already consumerist America' mean?

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The conspiracies are put into popular TV shows for plausible deniability. If enough people see this stuff on TV and movies, they will say:

"Yeah, but that's only on TV, that's not real life. It's only fantasy, stuff like that isn't real"...

It's a subtle form of programming. It basically numbs you....

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor I've been doing the same thing with my computer for awhile now. It's normal stuff for 'paranoid crazies'. I was warned by my BF that 'they' are watching and he covers his too.
I started wondering about the timing too and am a little creeped out by the advertisements for the show, Lucifer, during the X-files. Made me feel like there is an evil agenda for the world and by making everything a fictional story, somehow we are being programmed not to believe because... hey it's just make believe TV shows... all the while this stuff is real. Hope that makes sense.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Are you saying Chris Carter is in on this conspiracy?

a reply to: MystikMushroom

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
The conspiracies are put into popular TV shows for plausible deniability. If enough people see this stuff on TV and movies, they will say:

"Yeah, but that's only on TV, that's not real life. It's only fantasy, stuff like that isn't real"...

It's a subtle form of programming. It basically numbs you....
My thoughts exactly, you beat me to it and I didn't see your post.
They put it all out there like it's just fiction, so we won't believe when stuff really happens! At least I think that's what you mean.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well I gotta admit I was a fan back in the day and still am.

Joel McHales (the guy from Community) role of Tad O'Malley was better than I expected. Fox, Scully (she tests her own blood!), Skinner and "Spooky" cigarette guy (inhaling thru his trach) are all in line. Tomorrow night is part two...my only critique--a little heavy on the "blow things up" special effects.

Over all, nicely done...because the truth is STILL out there.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I guess the show missed the mention of predictive programming.

That's a major one, but if the whole show is predictive programming; then the mention is specifically towards the ATS crowd.

If what you say is true, the power elite have transcended far beyond the teachings of Bernays.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Yeah, a lot of TV/movies and pop culture is "influenced" by actual, real stuff that's happening behind the scenes. Stargate SG:1 even made fun of that in an episode called "Wormhole Xtreme!"

It was like they were giving a wink to everyone that their show as a cover for something real...perhaps not nearly as exciting, but similar in purpose.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Perfect sense. I guess the Lucifur ads would tie into the spiritual conspiracy.

I'm familiar with the CIA involvement in shaping entertainment. Something just doesn't feel right.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I've long thought that too...sort of a desensitizing. Two things they really made me sit up and think about what was being said--the "free energy technology" and the results of the second run of the blood work. The writing didn't miss a beat...but for realism, they have to get Dr. Scully out of those stilettos...and into more appropriate footwear

link   

For example an old X-Files episode had the Air Force dressing up like grey aliens and abducting people...

LOL

....But that only happens on TV and in the movies!

link   

It is a further attempt to marry the plausible and reality with the insane and asinine to ensure the mainstream views it all as being fantastical BS. Alien cover ups, hybrids, false flag alien invasions... all fantastically ridiculous horse crap, obviously... BUT how nice to associate anyone who questions the unconstitutional changes being forced on America with that crazy crap! Now those of us who decry the HLS or NDA are suddenly handcuffed with a mainstream association to the National Enquirer and ET.

What a useful way to stymie legitimate dissension.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
In any case I'm glad it's getting a decent reception from the crowd here. I have it recorded on my TiVo, so I'll watch it a little later.

Who knows, maybe it'll bring a whole new crowd of folks to ATS?

Oh, and I had a HUGE FREAKING CRUSH on Gillian Anderson when I was 13-14....

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

There's that angle too -- basically make anyone who delves into that stuff seem crazy because, "it's all just Hollywood storytelling!"

When you turn a serious topic into entertainment, it gets hard to take people who research it seriously...

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

'Art imitates life'.

I'm wondering whether the imitation is directed towards the 'crazy' things conspiracy people believe, or what the power elite have planned.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join