It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just watched the series premiere of the new X-files...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
a reply to: GodEmperor

A few hours ago I watched S10E01 and it had a little too much of the mainstream conspiracy theories in it. As if the writers did their best to inform the viewers that they are briefed and up to date with the latest conspiracies. Some of the dialogs between Scully and Mulder were just terrible.

At the end...the moment when Mulder started to doubt everything and all his conclusions of the previous years of investigations was just...uhm...unreal. No, that was not what I would expect from Mulder at this stage of the game.

It was a treat to see the x-files again but was a little disappointed by the overflow of conspiracy info and some of the dialogs between Scully and Mulder. I hope the writers will find their equalibrium which will focus more on the task at hand and will not go all over the place.

Looking forward to season 10 episode 02

That was the biggest problem for me. It took 5 minutes for mulder to turn everything he'd ever seen and experienced on its head and decide it was all something else. There wasn't any kind of logic or process behind it. Very badly written.

I'd also like to know how the smoking man survived being shot in the face with a missile at the end of the last season but so far I don't have any reason to think they're going to bother explaining it.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Just watched the first 10 minutes (at Fox)... seemed more a political statement than a restoration of the original program.

Had to break away for a breath of fresh air.

Hope it doesn't become a campaign rally for anyone.

Yeah that was disappointing. Especially for conspiracy show. Every conspiracy nut knows that BOTH the republicans and democrats are full of B#.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Tonight is much better, 'ol school, last night's was like a characture of Scully/Mulder and ATS>
edit on 25-1-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I don't know what time this show is on around here. I did catch the first show on the fox site. AWESOME!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Human alien hybrid children in a government genetics program.
Guess they don't always end up a Doogie..

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Watched episode 2...I liked last night (I think they had to try and make up for all the time lost)...tonight's episode was tighter, faster moving, more like the original. I was touched how they wove the "dreams" of their son William in. And I swear, when Scully was driving to the DuPont Circle apt...they the kid who rolled over the hood of her Ford Explorer was "Kyle." Maybe they will revisit the relationship he had w/the suicide scientist.

But that's just my thoughts...looking forward to next Monday night!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Glinda
That was kyle, that's why Mulder was hearing the noise too. I love how he liberated his sister and exacted his revenge on his pops. Bastard got his good.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Okay, I'm watching it right now (just started) ... I had to do "on demand" because some stupid football game recorded instead.

Woah! They kept the original intro!

But what was with that super cheesy CGI roswell crash? That looked lame...

Anywho, I'll be back once I finish watching...

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Okay...

It's like a pop-culture reference name drop fest.

The writers seem to be trying SO HARD show how the X-Files is relevant to today. In the second episode Mulder goes "I'm aware of Edward Snowden" and makes an Obamacare joke.

That kind of stuff never made its way into the original episodes. That's one reason they're awesome. When you drop pop culture references like that, you doom the show to seem dated.

Why is Seinfield still funny? It doesn't rely on jokes that betray its age.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Totaly, i just viewed it and am contemplating what the next 12 months have install for us.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Paddyofurniture
Bob Lazar alleged to have stolen this E.T power source , element 115 from the , again alleged secret S-4 facility at Area 51. Never any hard proof though.

a reply to: Brotherman

I found the element 115 reference quite entertaining.
I'd say they definitely added it as a comical nod to Lazar's compulsive lying/fraud.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

But what was with that super cheesy CGI roswell crash? That looked lame...

There was lots on the menu, you don't like ndan Cusne?"
Also India had an early history of Nuclear Bomb development activity, sort of Bollywood Roswell in the 1970's.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Seinfeld is ok, I rather enjoy the pop culture references,

the intrigue I find about older shows is, what the technology and pop culture fashions were like back then.

Must be why I like the older shows like Miami Vice, even though I wasn't around back then.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I am liking the direction the show seems to be going now even more than the original when I was a kid! Awesome stuff. The "conspiracy" IMO was the primary factor in the originals. It just happened to focus more then on Alien encounters, and the government's cover ups back then. Now, the topic is more all encompassing, yet it still maintains "the conspiracy" as its motivating plot. The first time I ever heard the term Conspiracy Theory was in the X-Files original run.

So I feel it fitting they are going more in the direction of current events.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I liked the first couple of episodes. From the preview though, seems like it wants to go more monster of the week now? With only 6 episodes, not a good plan. Love the nostalgia opening.

Used to always love Gillian Anderson, but man, she can be a bit on the greedy side. Was a story out how she was offered less than Dave to come back. Well duh, Dave has done a lot more since, and is worth more. Of course, shouldn't be surprised, as at the few Cons she goes to, she charges an arm and a leg for photos or autographs....I mean, like the same as Shatner. I mean someone like Shatner or Burt Reynolds I get, because he's an icon, and won't be around much longer. But there are some celebs (not a whole lot) that just WAY overcharge for these things, and she's one of them.

I found the element 115 reference quite entertaining. I'd say they definitely added it as a comical nod to Lazar's compulsive lying/fraud.

Not only that, but they mentioned S4 too, if you caught it. (and even Dulce, ugh....). I love how the Roswell alien looked like the alien autopsy one (right down to the burn mark on the leg).....
edit on 27-1-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Well in all fairness, if they are getting an equal performance they should offer her equal pay, not half . You know in the first few seasons they used to make her stand behind Mulder to give more the impression of a sidekick rather than investigative partner. Thats just playing dirty because she was a woman. Her pay was also lower then for years until she successfully appealed for equality, which I felt she deserved.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Interesting names used for the different episodes.
There always seem to be esoteric contextual linkages between certain episodes.

"My Struggle"January 24, 2016 1AYW01 16.19[16]
"Founder's Mutation"January 25, 2016 1AYW05 9.67[17]
"Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster" February 1, 2016 TBA TBD
"Home Again" February 8, 2016 TBA TBD
"Babylon" February 15, 2016 TBA TBD
"My Struggle II" February 22, 2016 TBA TBD

After the first episode I was expecting to see traces of Loctite 2422 on Mulders neck from that ARV.
Episode two they introduce a character named "Adam" that appears to be suffering from a Trisomy disorder?
Just the name Adam gave a flashback to the Adam Burgess character from episode 6 of another Carter series.
Just didn't seem quite random enough to be unintentional.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok I read about Gillian Anderson wanting equal pay and thought back on all the guys I knew in the 90's who had a crush on her. If part of the reason that makes males like the show is because they find her attractive AND she is Mulders partner (not side kick) why not get equal pay?
Not sure about any actor charging for autographs though. If I was a famous actor and my autograph would be worth something in the future, I would just not sign too many pictures so that in the future, the rarity of my autograph could help people out if they ever needed money.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

originally posted by: Sargeras

Lol, that is a joke right?

I can name dozens of times worse was done officially, just in the US.

No it's absolutely not a joke. Go ahead and name those times where the government has officially sanctioned plans more sinister than a plan to abduct and experiment on their own citizens using highly classified technology. The people in the government aren't totally evil reptiles and there's no way they'd officially approve such a program. More importantly, they would never risk leaving any sort of paper trail so it would have to be done off the books and outside of the law.

The radiation experiments in the 50's
The syphilis injections also in the 50 if I remember right
Angent Orange use in the 60's
Gulf War injections for the troops.

Just what I can think of

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

Episode two they introduce a character named "Adam" that appears to be suffering from a Trisomy disorder?

Mother probably named him Adam because she thought he would take after his father and eat the forbidden fruit from the tree of knowledge of good or evil

In the bible Adam was the first male living with Eve in the garden of Eden. They didn't have supersonic black project ARV's yet. The prospect of Adam meeting Eve in the garden of Eden in a timely manner probably boiled down to choosing the right vines..

If Eve was an allegory whats a Momolith?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join