It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just watched the series premiere of the new X-files...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Well duh, Dave has done a lot more since, and is worth more. Of course, shouldn't be surprised, as at the few Cons she goes to, she charges an arm and a leg for photos or autographs....

You probably should check your facts, just sayin'.

Just because someone's not on your radar, doesn't mean they're home eating bonbons with Peg Bundy.

Gillian has won a Golden Globe, Emmy, and 2 Sag awards. David won a Golden Globe for X-Files. Gillian charged $60 for an autograph, David charged $80.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The new X Files were good they resemble the old feeling of the show. But what I do not like is that I feel they exagerate everything. I wish the show could exagerate less (It is hard to explain to me). Is not that I dont agree or believe with the conspiracies but rather they just exagerate or dont put it in a way I could find it more interesting I guess. I wish it was more of an adventure type with more mysteries and spooky stuff.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yes, I would recommend watching it. It's got that nostalgic feel, but this time around it is heavily geared towards the conspiracy crowd.

It always was geared towards the conspiracy crowd, but now that it's gone all whacko on the internet, they've had a chance to really update the whole concept. I think it was a great episode personally, though some disagree, a lot of critics do, but then a lot of fans seem to like it.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: nito92

I wish it was more of an adventure type with more mysteries and spooky stuff.

Mystery is where you find it, in the first episode Mulder is hitchhiking not driving.
You never know who will give you a lift, in that situation you are starting a conversation with a stranger.
Some of the stuff that might at first appear over the top has a lot more subtle mystery if you look beyond what the CSM calls plausible deniability..

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I must be remembering it wrong, but didn't the cigarette-smoking man get blown out of a cave by an apache helicopter when the series ended the first time?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Schmoe55

yup

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I am soo looking forward to this. Its also the nostalgia because my family all use to snuggle up in front of the tv when this was on and now we can even add a new generation who hopefully will enjoy it also.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Anyone catch the "Taxation without Representation" license plate in the garage scene.

a reply to: GodEmperor

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Nailed it. Exactly what i told my wifey. bonus though, is they decided to include some real life topics.

a reply to: interupt42

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
The conspiracies are put into popular TV shows for plausible deniability. If enough people see this stuff on TV and movies, they will say:

"Yeah, but that's only on TV, that's not real life. It's only fantasy, stuff like that isn't real"...

It's a subtle form of programming. It basically numbs you....

Spot on! I call it Inoculation, because all those who sit and watch are protected from the truth.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Schmoe55

That is correct but lets be honest he was a key role in the show. He was by far my favorite one in the show. So it is awesome he is still on it

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I did enjoy it and I will watch it regardless but I do have several issues with it.

They tried to cram the whole history of the mythology into 40 minutes, I get why they had to for new fans to bring them all up to speed, but it seemed rushed and un-X-files.

They've obviously made it modern and referenced everything from FEMA, Gun Restrictions, Weather control, Obama, Snowden... and 100 other things all into one episode and it just didn't feel like the X-Files, maybe it will eventually.

Mulder's motivation and his sudden dropping of everything he'd learned, seen and experienced after meeting one Alex Jones/Bill O'Reilly hybrid,just seemed waaaaaay too much to be honest
All of this after experiencing everything he did for over a decade, like seeing aliens, being abducted by them, being inside a massive spaceship buried under the ice, and being hunted by alien shape shifters.
Really....After all that he gets fed some random information about a new conspiracy and suddenly he believes in it and disregards everything else, just like THAT?

Also the chemistry between Mulder and Scully now just isn't the same. They feel like two tired actors reading lines from an autocue.. it's phoned in and jaded.

Having said all of that (yeah I know) I still enjoyed it and will definitely watch it in the hope that it does indeed become awesome or perhaps it really did just have its time and should have stayed awesome and legendary in all of our minds.

I don't have huge hopes for Twin Peaks now to be honest, but we'll see I guess.

edit on 29/1/16 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DondeEsta?

Yeah what's with those license plates? They all say "taxation without representation," did they REALLY forget the "no" in front? I'm talking about the real D.C. license plates.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nito92

Well I wasn't being deceitful
but yeah he was one of my favorites as well.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DondeEsta?

All registered to Thompson Wooldridge Ramo?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Yeah, a lot of TV/movies and pop culture is "influenced" by actual, real stuff that's happening behind the scenes. Stargate SG:1 even made fun of that in an episode called "Wormhole Xtreme!"

It was like they were giving a wink to everyone that their show as a cover for something real...perhaps not nearly as exciting, but similar in purpose.

It truly is a crazy universe we live in. I read your post and no more than 5 min later that exact same episode of SG1 came on. And I'm NOT an avid TV watcher OR even SG1 watcher. Fluke I suppose. I watched that episode though. Definitely seems to be as you say it may be.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

Now that is interesting.

Must be coincidence, although I don't believe in coincidence. : )

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I had started a new post after seeing the new X-Files in tje Fantasy sci-fi section of this forum but apparently this one started first so they canceled mine and linked it to this one. My take after seeing episode one:

The X-Files reboot AAA+++

I had mixed feelinga about the original X Files, too much monster stuff for my taste - but the new reboot [first episode was shown on 1/24/16] was a great mix of alien conspiracy theory and great sci-fi drama, The fact that much of the premise was based upon the mythology [or facts] we often cover here on ATS makes it even better - reminded in some ways of the old alien invasion series 'Dark Skies' which only ran for one season back in
1996-1997 [not to be confused with a newer movie by the same title from 2013 which was a sci-fi horror movie].

So if you like a lot of the alien, UFO, conspiracy stuff covered here on ATS and are a fan of good sci-fi don't miss it. Part two airs tomorrow night
but if you missed part one I believe you will be able to get that on Fox.com tomorrow.

Now I like sci-fi and alien stuff - not so much monsters, ghoul like creatures, etc. - unless the stories are based upon real incidents. So the question is - Is the X-Files completely fiction? - Or are at least some of the stories based upon real incidents? - I mean not just the generalized Roswell, abductions and government cover-up stuff - Are any of the individual stories based, even if loosely, on events that really happened

Thanks,
-AlienView
edit on 31-1-2016 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Carter was also tired of UFOs, claimed by AJ, they wouldn't let him do more conspiracies after 9/11, which is also what a few days (~week) later Gillian said in an article so it supports AJ's claims, www.inquisitr.com...

In later broadcasts, more similar mention of X-Files was made but without new info, except AJ was war gaming the idea of the powers-that-be allowing XFiles now because their NWO is being hit hard by the truths so they would push people into entertainment to make them think it's all from the TV show, later also on one of this weeks editions a caller and AJ agreed that in the larger picture Carter (who said positive things about AJ and may be guest on show in future) may also be played to think he's doing something good but actually part of the "revelation of the method" tactic when the NWO opts to tell the people part of the truth but twists it like "science fiction" so the majority think Chemtrails came from X-Files and start laughign and dismiss the research.

Just wanted to point this out that AJ is aware of that and doesn't mean X-Files will necessairly wake people up positively, incase someone jumps to conclusion without watching the above video or having assumptions about what AJ knows and doesn't know. I have seen in the X-Files reddits how asleep people are, mostly entertainment buffs, have no idea about the NWO nor anything in the real world, It may entertain the idea, but I think those people consume a lot of other forms of entertainment, they still live the usual zombie life, they're not even close to beginner level, they talk about drama more than half the time, the characters, how they look, relationships, usual mainstream irrelevant stuff.
edit on 31-1-2016 by EffexZoxStyle because: details

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Well, art imitates life.

Based on your criteria, we have to neglect every single episode, since every one involves either aliens, monsters, or government conspiracy.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join