It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh For The Love Of Odin's Beard! Can't People Admit They Are Wrong???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
An awesome thread was started today.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was honest and humble and if any thread was going to teach me anything, that one was.

But it was ignored.

Instead, the same old partisan back-and-forth ensued with many other threads.

AND NO ONE CAN ADMIT THAT THEY ARE WRONG!!!!

What's the matter? Are you going to lose internet points if you admit that you aren't right? Are you afraid you won't get a trophy if your IQ or candidate isn't awesome enough?

The mark of maturity is admitting that you don't know everything. Except when it comes to the internet where everyone is always right, everyone has a high IQ and everyone is an expert on everything!!!!

ADMIT IT!

YOU DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING!

Here.

I'll go first.

I don't know everything and I am often wrong on a variety of topics and subjects.

That wasn't hard at all.

Now YOU try it!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Sorry, haven't been around all that much today. What did I miss? The thread title indicated to me that some group or other was going to be berated, so I skipped it.
edit on 24-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ok, here I go...

I thought I was wrong once...but I was wrong. 😉

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

You got a problem with me? Meet me on Elder Scrolls Online and I will kick your ass!

It's a shame really! Admitting you were or are wrong is soooooooo liberating!!!!!! Imagine those who suffer in life from their guilt which would not exist if they were only brave enough to say, "I'm sorry, I was wrong.". Those who don't understand that concept will always feel righteous and needy and blame everyone else in their life for their problems rather than taking a look in a mirror........

edit on 24-1-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'm never wrong... this is actually my first time.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It's not just a thread but it seems to be practically every thread where arguments are brought out and DAMN! some are great!

I may not like the answer, but man oh man, I can't argue with the result!

link   

... NO ONE CAN ADMIT THAT THEY ARE WRONG!!!!
What's the matter? Are you going to lose internet points if you admit that you aren't right? Are you afraid you won't get a trophy if your IQ or candidate isn't awesome enough?

There really is a bigger challenge... not to ignore the obvious but to deny it reaching into you and tweaking your life.

The biggest step is to walk over and beyond it... to deny that reaching into you.
Don't let your life be ruined that easily.

edit on 24-1-2016 by redoubt because: keyboard foreplay

link   
Im not the best at everything far from it but what I do know I know well.

As I tell my little boy everyone has something they are the best at and no one can be the best at everything. As I tell him even teachers dont know everything and adults carry on learnjng new things all their lives.a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Sorry just realised I was wrong read the thread wrong OOPS!a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

What's the matter?

Oh, just everything!

Are you going to lose internet points if you admit that you aren't right?

I'm never right so i am sure my points are in the tank!

Are you afraid you won't get a trophy if your IQ or candidate isn't awesome enough?

Are there really trophies????

How noble of you to bring awareness to this thread and after having read it, I do agree...

It was honest and humble and if any thread

I think your Avatar makes your "rant" even better!

edit on 24-1-2016 by TNMockingbird because: spelling

edit on 24-1-2016 by TNMockingbird because: spelling again!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Can you point us to a post where you admit to be wrong outside of this one?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'm mister wrong, keep your daughters hidden, they believe I'm mister right mwahahahaha

"What is truth?"
Pontious Pilot

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
An awesome thread was started today.

It was honest and humble and if any thread was going to teach me anything, that one was.

But it was ignored.

Instead, the same old partisan back-and-forth ensued with many other threads.

I don't understand. The thread you posted doesn't seem to have any partisan back and forth bickering. Everyone seems in amiable agreement.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I am married, I live in a world where being wrong, and admitting it, is all part of my daily life - even when I'm usually right!!

But yes, to be serious for a moment, this actually goes beyond right or wrong - the world really is the 1% against the 99% and the only way they maintain control is to use overt and relentless propaganda focused on every facet of our daily lives from what we think to what we eat, to keep us pitted against each other in the quest for survival on this god forsaken rock.

I feel that there is a trigger point coming - a global revolution if you will, where governments as we know it will be deconstructed and a super-global-one-world-government established that will void all others and there will be no food, water, fuel, shelter or job for you, unless you endorse this government.

It's part of the UN charter for global sustainability, as well as the US governments push to strip the 2nd amendment from the US citizenry and it starts with social upheavals so strict control measures can be enforced and implemented and the propaganda will ensure that it is the local population(s) that will insist on it.

Problem - reaction - solution.
edit on 24-1-2016 by Sublimecraft because: grammar

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Honestly, partisan bickering is usually subjective. You and I and everyone in such a situation are generally firmly convinced we're right on whatever issue it is, and that's what makes partisan bickering so pernicious.

I don't look for anyone to admit they are wrong in such a situation. I only want them to understand where I am coming from.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I am married, I live in a world where being wrong, and admitting it, is all part of my daily life - even when I'm usually right!!

If a man says something and a woman isn't around to hear, is he still wrong?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

For The Love Of Odin's Beard! Can't People Admit They Are Wrong???

NO!!!! That would be just WRONG!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Ummm...
Yes!
Of course LOL!

THAT is a fact that transcends continents!
edit on 24-1-2016 by TNMockingbird because: more specific

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: Sublimecraft

If a man says something and a woman isn't around to hear, is he still wrong?

Id be like "Go knit me a sweater." LOL your post reminded me of this cause shelly comes out of no where and is like "who said that" hahaha its perfect

edit on 24-1-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Curious69

Can you point us to a post where you admit to be wrong outside of this one?

Sure!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join