It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh For The Love Of Odin's Beard! Can't People Admit They Are Wrong???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Nice "Bill and Ted" reference

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'm confused by what you mean by "wrong". Google defines "wrong" as "not correct or true." which implies that "wrong" only applies to facts since nothing else like opinions or theories can be called "not correct". So if I were to say something "not true" like "pigs can fly", I assume you would call that "wrong". But I can put a pig on a plane and then that particular pig CAN fly...but not under the circumstances and rules you thought I would apply. So you would actually want to say that "pigs can't fly on their own" which would be true. But in the future via evolution, it is possible that pigs could sprout wings and learn to fly. Hence these facts are not only based upon your particular and often unstated list of rules, but can also turn out to be non-facts at a later date. So facts are only facts with a great deal of explanation and maybe only for a short period of time.

So if you are referring to being "wrong", which can only apply to facts and facts are fleeting and require almost legal definition and multiple pages of explanation...I would say that I have never been "wrong". I would hazard to say that your assuming anyone is wrong is an opinion and we have already discussed that "wrong" requires facts and not opinions...therefore...you would be incorrect or as you say..."wrong".

Maybe you mean that our opinions differ in which case you are correct. We can easily say that our opinions differ but, as you know, facts can't differ so being "wrong" is virtually impossible especially since you must believe in your incorrectness and not just say the words. You are not "wrong" if you say "pigs can fly by themselves" if you know it isn't correct...you are simply lying. And while lying is "wrong"...you would still be right.

I think

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
An awesome thread was started today.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was honest and humble and if any thread was going to teach me anything, that one was.

But it was ignored.

Instead, the same old partisan back-and-forth ensued with many other threads.

AND NO ONE CAN ADMIT THAT THEY ARE WRONG!!!!

What's the matter? Are you going to lose internet points if you admit that you aren't right? Are you afraid you won't get a trophy if your IQ or candidate isn't awesome enough?

The mark of maturity is admitting that you don't know everything. Except when it comes to the internet where everyone is always right, everyone has a high IQ and everyone is an expert on everything!!!!

ADMIT IT!

YOU DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING!

Here.

I'll go first.

I don't know everything and I am often wrong on a variety of topics and subjects.

That wasn't hard at all.

Now YOU try it!
I am wrong about everything I say ( mostly). I do know a lot of stuff but I'll clean that up on my way back from the ceiling. Yeah I'm always wrong but I never lie.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
Im not the best at everything far from it but what I do know I know well.

As I tell my little boy everyone has something they are the best at and no one can be the best at everything. As I tell him even teachers dont know everything and adults carry on learnjng new things all their lives.a reply to: DBCowboy

what I do I do well on the same concept. What I know, who knows?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
I'm confused by what you mean by "wrong". Google defines "wrong" as "not correct or true." which implies that "wrong" only applies to facts since nothing else like opinions or theories can be called "not correct". So if I were to say something "not true" like "pigs can fly", I assume you would call that "wrong". But I can put a pig on a plane and then that particular pig CAN fly...but not under the circumstances and rules you thought I would apply. So you would actually want to say that "pigs can't fly on their own" which would be true. But in the future via evolution, it is possible that pigs could sprout wings and learn to fly. Hence these facts are not only based upon your particular and often unstated list of rules, but can also turn out to be non-facts at a later date. So facts are only facts with a great deal of explanation and maybe only for a short period of time.

So if you are referring to being "wrong", which can only apply to facts and facts are fleeting and require almost legal definition and multiple pages of explanation...I would say that I have never been "wrong". I would hazard to say that your assuming anyone is wrong is an opinion and we have already discussed that "wrong" requires facts and not opinions...therefore...you would be incorrect or as you say..."wrong".

Maybe you mean that our opinions differ in which case you are correct. We can easily say that our opinions differ but, as you know, facts can't differ so being "wrong" is virtually impossible especially since you must believe in your incorrectness and not just say the words. You are not "wrong" if you say "pigs can fly by themselves" if you know it isn't correct...you are simply lying. And while lying is "wrong"...you would still be right.

I think
it's not that serious. I'm talking to myself you know. Being wrong and the truth are my expertise. Wrong is only lying if you know right. Being wrong is about generating hypothesis before reaching conclusion. You like philosophy huh? What if I said bird's don't fly at night to a bird's that was flying at night but I only said it because I knew that they don't. Is it the bird the flight or the night that I don't consider correct at that time.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

you watched a very inspiring and insightful thread get derailed by the usual offtopic fencing (unfortunate, but not unexpected). and your response was to make a thread about it.

do you see where im going with this?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: DBCowboy

you watched a very inspiring and insightful thread get derailed by the usual offtopic fencing (unfortunate, but not unexpected). and your response was to make a thread about it.

do you see where im going with this?
yeah but your wrong.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I was inspired by another thread to create this one.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join