It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh For The Love Of Odin's Beard! Can't People Admit They Are Wrong???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

married, I live in a world where being wrong, and admitting it, is all part of my daily life - even when I'm usually right!!

Don't get me wrong.. But

Men - please turn to the left because
Women - are always right

Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other one is the husband..

Right?

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Geeze, I will "admit" that I'm "wrong" even when I'm not just because I get exhausted arguing over it. If I have to tell somebody the Earth is round enough times, I will eventually give up and "admit" the Earth is flat.

So when I'm actually wrong, I don't mind swallowing my pride to correct myself. I don't want to be this stupid forever. Nobody should be as stupid as are, forever.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
I remember that one. It's one of the funnier ones.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I often admit that I'm wrong or don't know something. I even go as far to apologize to mods when I have off topic posts removed. It's not that I'm a brown noser. I admit when I've done wrong and am not afraid to do so.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I often admit that I'm wrong or don't know something. I even go as far to apologize to mods when I have off topic posts removed. It's not that I'm a brown noser. I admit when I've done wrong and am not afraid to do so.

That's what grown-ups do.

I have an employee who made a bunch of mistakes during his 3 month internship period.

He walked into my office, sad, his chin down to his knees after his latest mistake.

"You're going to fire me", he said.

"Why?", I said.

"Because I made so many f### up mistakes", he said.

I said, "I wish I could assign payroll to pay time during mistakes as a training period. People make mistakes. Everyone does all the time. Its if we learn from them that makes the difference. You made mistakes but you didn't repeat them. You learned. And you're hired full time".

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Oh For The Love Of Odin's Beard! Can't People Admit They Are Wrong???

What could possibly go wrong .. hey ?!

Ok no more sorry

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

"I wish I could assign payroll to pay time during mistakes as a training period. People make mistakes. Everyone does all the time. Its if we learn from them that makes the difference. You made mistakes but you didn't repeat them. You learned. And you're hired full time".

Good deal! I bet that made the employee's day. As far as learning from mistakes, I agree. That's where wisdom comes from. It's very important to learn from mistakes rather than repeating the same ones over and over.
edit on 24-1-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I didn't see that thread. I try to avoid descriptors like that as much as humanly possible.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

"I wish I could assign payroll to pay time during mistakes as a training period. People make mistakes. Everyone does all the time. Its if we learn from them that makes the difference. You made mistakes but you didn't repeat them. You learned. And you're hired full time".

Good deal! I bet that made the employee's day. As far as learning from mistakes, I agree. That's where wisdom comes from. It's very important to learn from mistakes rather than repeating the same ones over and over.

He was a vet who had been unemployed for 3 years. He's now making 58K plus and my best employee.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I don't know everything.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

You got a problem with me? Meet me on Elder Scrolls Online and I will kick your ass!

It's a shame really! Admitting you were or are wrong is soooooooo liberating!!!!!! Imagine those who suffer in life from their guilt which would not exist if they were only brave enough to say, "I'm sorry, I was wrong.". Those who don't understand that concept will always feel righteous and needy and blame everyone else in their life for their problems rather than taking a look in a mirror........

I wouldn;t have pictured nyou on Elder Scrolls Online. Maybe the new av, though I don;t remember the previous one.

Meet me in Wartune! We shall duel in the Sylph attol!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

If there weren't passionate discussions between myself and my loyal opposition; I would look for another place to play.

It's the internet. It's not real. It's entertainment! Some people put way to much emotional investment in the threads. Look, If you are going to get your feelings hurt; don't run with the big dogs...stay on the porch.

Iv'e been wrong plenty of times.....and Ive admitted it. I've even said I'll shave my head and eat my shoes if I'm proven wrong. And I mean it.

You happy now?
edit on 24-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

You got a problem with me? Meet me on Elder Scrolls Online and I will kick your ass!

It's a shame really! Admitting you were or are wrong is soooooooo liberating!!!!!! Imagine those who suffer in life from their guilt which would not exist if they were only brave enough to say, "I'm sorry, I was wrong.". Those who don't understand that concept will always feel righteous and needy and blame everyone else in their life for their problems rather than taking a look in a mirror........

I wouldn;t have pictured nyou on Elder Scrolls Online. Maybe the new av, though I don;t remember the previous one.

LMAO!

That's funny! I just joined a guild on ESO and someone wanted to know how old everyone was and I said, 53!

What! Really!

Anyhow, I hate Pvp, I am a dungeon runner.,.......!

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Once you accept that we're all imperfect, it's the most liberating thing in the world. Then you can go around making mistakes and saying the wrong thing and tripping over on the street and all that and not feel worried.
Paloma Faith

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I thought it was part of the Boy Code:

Never show fear.
Never back down.
Never admit to not knowing something and

Heaven (or Odin) forbid ever admit to an error.

There are others but I'd have to look them up - whole books on the subject in fact.

edit on 24-1-2016 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The debating is good. Even if it goes for a couple hours. Join a debate team, it will happen. But I do see circles and circles of just factions and we are better than this.

I mentioned the 'descriptors' before. I have tried to shed them like shedding fat in a diet. I mainly succeed. I have gone as far as to yell at others about them, lol.

Some of it is the 'nature' of 'here'. Some of it is just nonsense. I will admit now, that even if I back up my nonsense with a reasonable source, it can still be nonsense.

I keep thinking I should take off days on the political threads and just don't.

Most of us make a good group. the political forums are what get us. maybe a break from those for a bit. There is no right or wrong in those, empirically speaking.

Maybe, as a group, we should decide to contribute to topics that aren't politically/racially motivated, exclusively, for awhile.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

LMAO!

That's funny! I just joined a guild on ESO and someone wanted to know how old everyone was and I said, 53!

What! Really!

Anyhow, I hate Pvp, I am a dungeon runner.,.......!

Like dungeon group parties as well. In WT, we have people from 15-70 in my guild, which is #1 ion the server. I have been a Guild Master about 15x the last 4 years in WT and Evony. I would always pick for officers and assistants people who were older and people with military experience. Was never let down by them. They were always there when they said they would be for a battle.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm wrong all the time and I readily admit too it. This thread reminds me of a lyric from the grateful dead. " I ain't often right but I've never been wrong" . Great song called scarlet begonias

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thenail
I'm wrong all the time and I readily admit too it. This thread reminds me of a lyric from the grateful dead. " I ain't often right but I've never been wrong" . Great song called scarlet begonias

I think I will pull that song from youtube, and I am off to Wartune to fight fake monsters and online avatars

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I believe ufos are really piloted by time traveling elementals.

EDIT:
Oops...wrong thread. Sorry, I was wrong.
edit on 24-1-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join