It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I do agree, I adore it when things come together and you can see the wood from the trees. Yes, of course it can go on your blog - ATS owns it now, nothing to do with me.

My father was a fisherman, latterly on trawlers but when he was young he worked on his family's herring boats, much like this:

When you're on that and all around you is sea, you HAVE to know where you're going. You have to trust the skipper that he can get the crew home, because if the weather turns and you're still hauling nets you're in trouble if you can't find polaris, the North star. It was him that taught me all the constellations, in case I ever needed to know.

So I always look at them and up here in the North, Orion is magnificent at winter. I've got a photo from Cumbria here, at the north of England but also on the west, that gives you a good idea of what I can see.

If you can find the 3 stars of his belt, his shoulders and feet are pretty easy to spot after that. He is MASSIVE, absolutely immense in the sky. He seems godlike, and it's easy to see why he got a name and personality attributed to him.

But I can see where looking at the stars would be a total inner system, which would quiet the logical rational mind, and perhaps even keep one in a "liminal state". I think that's it.

I think that is it, they put us in perspective and slam you up against the reality that the universe is immense and somehow we are part of that. They are the supreme liminal facilitators.

As far as Celtic deities who wore skins, I'm not certain. it's hard to get a proper idea from Tacitus and Caesar because they hated the druids. Cernunnos was often depicted with horns though, like Pan.
edit on 16-2-2016 by beansidhe because: +

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

What a wonderful thing ATS can be.. those rare moments when it's not toxic. I need the presence of other life, just as much as anyone else. I may be a hermit.. but even hermits are surrounded by life.

Kev

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I wrote this little blog post; i consider it one of the most important I've ever written:

kevinprettybear.com...

Kev

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Yes they also show the Greek association of Delphinus with the Dolphin (and Apollo Delphinium), in terms of the Mesopotamian identification you see here Aquila-Sagitta, the hunter, Ecuuleus the dog(s) beneath, and Delphinus the boar.

Something of an obscure region of the Heavens though as far as sourcing early myth.

a reply to: UniFinity

My spiritual belief is that all forms of expression are spiritual in nature and that these are sufficiently expansive to range from the sublime to the ridiculous, most people trying to get by somewhere in between, in short i believe in everything, i'm a Catholic.

I even believe the Egyptians built the Pyramids and Sphinx pretty much when archaeologists say they did.

edit on Kam22946vAmerica/ChicagoTuesday1629 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

thanks!

well when I have strong reactions like that, I focus on the issue with full one pointed concentration and "fight/love" it with pure feelings. The stronger it is, the stronger are my feelings.
Thoughts which comes around are often insights about what is the problem and how to break the issue. Break a part of me that is holding me back. Another concept or contradiction. Another emotional issue, fear, etc...
And after that is overcome, I feel full relief and sometimes bliss as a result. The harder it was, the better it feels afterwards.

Maybe this will be useful in some sense to you or others.

And yes, I agree strongly with this. Kundalini is only the beginning!

Nice video about stages of development, I think that Kundalini happens somewhere at the end on 9 stage by natural process.

I like Mahamudra the most of all buddhist teachings. It is simple and to the point. I think they stayed pure the most compared to other schools.

But it is hard to get their real teachings and if you get them it is another difficulty to understand them.

If any one is interested, here are songs of Milarepa. Most famous Tibetan buddhist saint, who could perform miracles and many other stuff, if the tales are true.

www.quietmountain.org...

This songs were written by a master who was fully realized in my opinion. Well or a crazy person...some of them seem...well crazy

: )
edit on 1455640779239February392392916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

edit on 1455641085244February442442916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

thanks for answer, by that definition I am part of Catholic also : )

I am a bit surprised to hear that about the Egyptians. But I will take your opinion for truth, I respect your opinion very much when it comes to these matters. How about the how? Do you agree with mainstream archaeologists about that also?
Chisels, ropes, water, wood and sand?
No levitation by sound vibration or something fancy like that : ) ?

What about the Bosnian pyramid of the Sun...as was apparently titled. You probably researched or read a bit about it also I bet. Is it in your opinion just a hill and possibly some other past construction going on there or is maybe really a pyramid hidden under dirt or hill?

The stuff I have read about it feels very compelling and I think he really did find it.
Any thoughts about this also?

For more info about this pyramid of the Sun, if anyone interested, there is a thread on ats:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1455642268204February042042916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Thanks....will actually watch this tonight.

Kev

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It's not super accurate -- but if you live in the northern hemisphere, moss typically grows on the north side of trees. Not always though, as other object can create shade for the moss...but it's one thing to keep in mind.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I know how they built the pyramids, i explained it here but nobody believed me, all you need to note is that the weight has been directly transferred up the centre of each face, through a lean to wooden ramp support and using counter weight to haul stone up, like a cable car system were as one rises up a face the other descends, they had great rope technology.

You could actually charge people for help building the great pyramid by letting them be the counter weight in the descending sledge, when they arrived down at the bottom they'd all want another go and run back up the top, their equivalent of Disneyland, the worst thing that could happen is they'd all lose weight.

The Bosnian pyramid i believe is natural.
edit on Kam22946vAmerica/ChicagoTuesday1629 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

thanks for the link and info.

Your explanations make a lot of sense.

heh, maybe it is possible to actually witness past events and all our history and of the entire universe in the other planes of reality. Yogi and many other people have written about it. Even abboriginal people have, what they label as dreamtime.

This is one of my interests to try at some point and maybe someday I will find a way...maybe not : )

History is great and the more far you go the weirder it gets. If we consider stories about atlantis, mu or even Pangaea which are all over youtube and even ats or all over google. But how much of it or if any at all is true is another matter. Well It certainly can fire up imagination, that is for sure : )

Were there ever any global civilizations before?
where they spiritually developed and merged religion, spirituality with science?

I don't know why, but I have a feeling about some stories or ancient myths being at least partially true and the answer to both question is yes.
Especially if one is considering the universe we are discussing in this thread. There are almost no limits and everything is spiritual in nature, I also strongly agree with you on that.

Which means that evolution of the planet, solar system, galaxy and also even all of various beings could be restarted, manipulated, designed or whatever we can imagine...it can be true.

Maybe?

waw, if it is, than ...viva las vegas...what kinda cycle will we get or evolve into next?

I sure hope it is a jackpot, this one sure is far from it.

: )
edit on 1455647040224February242242916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

eta: and also note when my ex was the recipient of my "hot hands" to sooth aches and nerves, she eventually got a jangley electric series of impulses up her spine that scared the dickens out of her (and me) ...and I stopped with my near instinctual "treatments".. .stressing that neither of us knew what we were doing...

That...what you wrote (above).
I did that.

When I first started 'awakening' years ago (and meditating a lot)...I could see energy, heal pain etc.
I was ridiculously happy, everything was love & light & unity.
I could instantly "read" a person and tell them things that freaked them out.
I also could "zap" people when touching them.

My life, and all the light&love stuff...has since gone down the crapper. Dark-night-of-the-soul and all that jazz.

Okay, going back to read some more. Just really wanted to tell you that I could relate...and say "thank you" (because I can relate).
jacy

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If by global civilizations you mean one single cohesive empire, I'd say there weren't any far in the past.

Human society tends to follow a path towards decadence and collapse, sooner or later.

I do think there were various regional civilizations prior to 10,000 BC but they were limited to relatively small areas, and climate change involving sea-level rise and things like glacial lake outburst floods put an end to that. I don't think they had advanced technology either. It's possible they knew something related to epigenetic factors being affected by sound and electromagnetic fields (something we're starting to discover, which should interest Bybyots, by the way).

If that's accurate though I doubt they knew anything beyond the fact that certain kinds of stone and metal structures in certain locations and "sacred" geometry have an effect. They probably considered it closer to magic than science. I love stories about things like Atlantis but I don't believe in a literal Golden Age of lost high-tech, et cetera. At best I think that primitive air-ships may have existed, which given a long enough time period for story-tellers to elaborate wound up being high-tech-sounding vimanas and the like, among other ideas that were blown out of proportion over time.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Rethaya

For what it matters I agree with you overall.
I don't but the airships though no matter which Hindu holy books are quoted.

Kev

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

When your body physically runs out of physical "Kundalini juice", then you head straight to dark night of the soul.

Or you annoy the "other parts of you" by attempting too many magic tricks.

If you are particularly "bad" you may get your face planted into manure to get your attention.

Most of the stuff people struggle with is well known and documented...or at least it used to be.

Kev

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Something of an obscure region of the Heavens though as far as sourcing early myth.

Cheers for the seals, but yeah, agreed it is obscure. It's bugging me though.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I'm probably biased from reading too many fantasy novels over the years, hehe. Well, that and a certain Japanese RPG series that's overly fond of mixing mythological elements with ideas like airships.

Like a lot of other really old bits of knowledge I think there's probably a huge divide in time and knowledge between the original vedic stories and the versions we have today. I also worry about what might have been lost in translation, but I still think it's fun to consider whether or not there might be some truth to parts of it.

For some reason my mind likes trying to rationalize and visualize fantastical crap, even though it's probably pointless.

Maybe most of that stuff appeared from kundalini turning one too many peasants/monks into artists/poets. There was a period years ago where I saw all sorts of strange mythological narratives while meditating and would randomly rhyme as I spoke. Thankfully that (mostly) wore off.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Funny - just yesterday I drafted a post asking you to "clarify" the term "liminal", but somehow the computer 'lost' the post, and then I got sidetracked by 'life' and never got around to doing it over -

- and now, here today, you've posted a link to your blog with exactly the info I was going to request!

edited to say:
After posting the above, I was thinking about whether I have ever experienced being "liminal" -
-i.e in a "nonverbal state of awareness" (I think is how you put it) -

and though I realized that I have experienced that, it occurred to me that more often I tend to experience a 'nonverbal' state of 'non'awareness...

...meaning that I sometimes suddenly realize that for several minutes, i've been stock still, staring off into space in total unawareness -

- actually, I would say, in a state that might be considered 'just this side' of catatonic.

edit on 16-2-2016 by lostgirl because: addendum

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I never really understand why people look for a more fantastic reason for the Pyramids construction other than what egyptologists suggest, that they were resurrection machines, i mean would it really be more amazing if they were actually designed as say a giant water pump or place to store seeds, it's just that working towards immortality seems pointless to those that don't believe in the possibility.

If the ancient Egyptians were to return from the dead you'd at least have eye witness insight into past events, they could probably do a better job in explaining how pyramids were built than me.

I maybe need to look deeper into the pigs in space....

edit on Kpm22946vAmerica/ChicagoTuesday1629 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Unless...

Bear with me here. In Welsh mythology, which is probably the closest we're going to get, the boar stories follow a pattern. There's usually a chase of sorts, which suggests stars moving, although it is true that you would have to chase a boar to catch it too. Strangely they often have a comb and scissors in their hair, like Twrch Trwyth:

Culhwch is given the task by Ysbaddaden Pencawr, the giant whose daughter Olwen Culhwch seeks, of obtaining the comb and scissors from Twrch's head. Later in the story it transpires there is also a razor secreted there. These implements are then to be used to cut and treat Ysbaddaden's hair (most of the tasks on the giant's long list are ultimately to do with this ceremony of hair-cutting).

Further, Ysbaddaden states that the only hound who can hunt Twrch is Drudwyn, the whelp of Greid, and then goes on to list the requirements of the leash to hold Drudwyn, the only man strong enough to hold the leash. Ultimately Ysbaddaden calls on Culhwch to seek out Arthur, Culhwch's cousin, to help him hunt Twrch.

Twrch Trwyth

We know that Arthur, the only man strong enough to hold the lead is Orion and Canis Major, so this probably is a star story.

So the comb and scissors could be Coma Berenices, with the bottom end of Leo the scissors. Which makes ... Ursa Major - the great bear - the boar!!

I'm far too excited, I'll get my hat.

ETA, hang on Ursa minor is the RAZOR!!

edit on 16-2-2016 by beansidhe because: eta

edit on 16-2-2016 by beansidhe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

By the way, I wasn't familiar with the term liminal before I saw you mention it here so I appreciate the clarifying blog post.

Am I mistaken in thinking that the concept is similar to a zen state of mind? I tend to stay in a state of mind these days that's almost entirely free of random conscious thoughts that I consider similar to zazen, just simple awareness, but without any active sitting meditation or koans or other religious trappings.

Anyhow, I'm just curious if it's related. I find it to be a useful, peaceful state of mind regardless.

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join