It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Reminds me of the androgyny of "masters" who finished the alchemical "great work."

And no thanks, I'll keep my only "super power" that happens to be one of the only cool things about being a human, thank you.

Though as we age, that will be a handy excuse for the occasional ED... "Honey, I'm in process to develop my bio-energetic super powers... it's not you!"

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

You will need a LOT of soap/ water to wash that ginormous vision out...

you are, again, welcome...

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Yes very difficult to trace the origins of boar symbolism as well as the goat, but anyway this is what Damu represented;

Damu is a healing deity credited both as asû "healer" and āšipu, "exorcist TT ", which says as much about the close link between the two professions as about the deity's capabilities. Accordingly, Damu accompanies his mother Gula/Ninkarrak in incantations but is also credited as healer in his own righ

He was especially associated with the flowing of sap in the spring. His name means “the child,” and his cult centred on the lamentation and search for him. Damu’s cult influenced and later blended with that of Dumuzi the Shepherd, a Sumerian deity of the grassland people. Damu was also the name of a goddess of healing.

Damu, son of Enki (Ea), was a vegetation god, especially of the vernal flowing of the sap of trees and plants. His name means “The Child,” and his cult—apparently celebrated primarily by women—centred on the lamentation and search for Damu, who had lain under the bark of his nurse, the cedar tree, and had disappeared. The search finally ended when the god reappeared out of the river.

When the position of Damu as Delphinus is considered with regards to the sacred tree based upon Pegasus he is close to the base, in fact if you were to consider the constellations of the cauldron, Andromeda,, Delphinus, Perseus, it can be surmised that the shaman is sat upon the position of Pegasus, as if he is the very tree itself.

a reply to: Baddogma

I figured that style would suit you more than anyone else...
edit on Kpm22945vAmerica/ChicagoMonday1529 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

If 'that' haunts my dreams tonight, I'll be gunning for you in the morning...

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

He could be seen as the tree, good point. I'm going to have to think about this for a bit, I'm too tired right now and was looking forward to my bed but now....I'm scared of my dreams.

Back soon.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Beautiful.

The shaman IS the tree itself.

Now why this was all interpreted in the sky...that I do not understand. Astronomical paredolia?

There are many possible explanations.

Kantz ...could you bend your boundaries to the maximum and explain multiple reasons for this deep obsession with the stars? Not just your primary philosophy.

Kev

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

...and as a complete and utter aside that came from PKD and other twaddle here and on ats in general, I wonder, sometimes, if there is something rather benevolent and faint...

What was your takeaway from PKD that made you think of benevolence, and faintness?

edit on 15-2-2016 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

But you seem more interested in "mystical information" being an epigenetic key to unlock DNA

For the record, no, I am honestly interested in any information having anything to do with epigenetic keys.

I am most interested in the fact that people in India, living right next door to any given famous ashram, are just as likely to become a "Kundalini Casualty" as some counterpart in, say, the United States.

America (Britain aside for the moment) learned about "Kundalini Cuasualties", from a kundalini casualty.

Right?

...as the folks who got all "kundalini sick" weren't exactly successful as humans for the most part.

...he failed to pass the examination to enter college, and he now took a lowly job and established his family.

He also started on a discipline of meditation to discover who he was. After having been engaged in this for many years, he had his first Kundalini experience at the age of 34, which he describes thus in his autobiography.

Gopi Krishna

Special delivery for the guy that likes recursion.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Ah. A general interest in epigenetics. Got it.

And the reason that people on different continents, sometimes without even cultural links and hardly any commonalities at all experience the same type of symptoms?

That's an easy one.

It's a genuine physiological phenomena, whatever it truly is.

Kev

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Well, if everything that possibly could happen at every level has already happened ... then of course there might be some bleed through. They're not my memories or your memories ... they're THE memories of every possible outcome for every possible scrap of matter to infinity.

So, if some people in one culture "tune in" to the same memes...it's not surprising that we'd see similarities between them. I think it's larger than atom arrangement in one's DNA.
edit on 15-2-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Agreed.

Kev

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Now why this was all interpreted in the sky...that I do not understand. Astronomical paredolia?

Because the stars are vital to us. If you fish, you need to find your way back home. If you farm, you need to know the seasons for ploughing, sowing and reaping. If you hunt, you need to know direction.
The stars are signposts in the sky and we have to be able to recognise where they will be at any given time.
A lot of danger comes from the sky too. Comets, thunder, hail, floods, snow, lightning. Anyway to try and second guess these phenomena would be of utmost value.

So when you recognise a shape...back to the beginning, you give it a name. And to pass down this name, this shape, you personify it in a a story. Think of the Kelpies, the story tells of the season, the risk, the movement of the constellation, the shape of the constellation all in one go. Exactly pareidolia, we have to make sense of things somehow.

It's easier and more memorable to capture all the relevant information in one story, personified in one shape, than to explain and remember each constellation. It's a very elegant method of communication that humans excel at. The problem exists when the stories get old, and we worship or fear the made up characters instead of paying attention to the meaning.
edit on 16-2-2016 by beansidhe because: sp

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

hey hey, cheer up, I think it is also for US : )
I think it is just becouse of US. He, She, I, SWMBO, Brahman, Atman.... all false. It is all just US. There was never anything or anyone. Yet we are still here...all of us.

.... Playing games : )

You seem a bit attached to Kundalini in my opinion. Therefor maybe a bit attached to the body and mind. I don't feel the same as you about these concepts. I don't think body and mind are of any use whatsoever with what I am trying to do... BE. I am not interested in Kundalini. I was in the past. I research alot about it. read books of Gopi Krishna and many others older and never texts. I understand what they were describing and when It will start rising. I will deal with it, with the help of a hidden friend!

That is why I don't agree with some of your points. You seem a bit grim in some areas of your understanding, due to a tons of your experiences. And some of them were very hard lessons you had to learn. We all do at some point....Realization can be hard to swallow but if properly understood they should take you to a place of inner bliss and unconditional compassion due to understanding of how everything is connected and interrelated. And also a place of inner easiness and effortlessness.

But don't get me wrong!
I am very grateful that you are here with us and writing such interesting posts. You can explain from experiance, so we don't get caught in the same traps. This is priceless and you are doing more than you realize already with just being here and writing. For some it may be woo, but for some it will be useful in some way for sure! Me included.

And also, I am grateful with how things are and I am like a happy fool lead by my dear hidden friend!
We have developed a nice relationship through the years since my early days and I can count on it.

I am talking about intuition.

It has helped me so far and brought me to where I am now and this connection only grows stronger. At least this is how I feel and I am almost fearless due to it. I know that it will not lead me where I am not meant to go. I read what it wants me to read. I practice what it wants me to practice. I look at others if it wants me to look at others. And so on...I am just a fool who wants to learn and bring what is inside all of us, out in the open, for all. For us.

Listening to body, feeling and thoughts and making decisions. No right or wrong, just learning.

Learn to be completely natural, spontaneous, my Self. It is a personal transformation.

Why do I or others need a guru with that? I already have it, my dear and trusted guide. We all do. Inside. We just need to learn to listen, to reconnect - like when we were children.

So my friend, don't fret I and I hope others to will learn to better listen to our inner guide and drive past the falls and pits and gain understanding and true being.

We will have our own; some different and some the same lessons to go through, sufferings to endure, but at the end we will met at the same place in true form. And everything this is and whatever it is, is for US.

There is nothing else. There is just "one". US.

But I am a bit naive and even a bit foolish or romantic...why?

I think there is a happy ending for all of us! Not in death not in life but what comes after that...and what already is.

: )

edit on 1455620807206February062062916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

edit on 1455621069211February112112916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

what a wonderful story!

Thank you.

Yes this stuff happens and it would happen more if we would give it a try. But due to uncertainty and doubts we fail a lot of time in my opinion. But now you know with some certainty at least that you have that power, use it, but wisely.

I believe you really helped your furry friend and can help him always when it is hurt or sad, with just a nice thought and intent to help!
So whenever anything bad happens, the worst we can do is worry of fear. Thoughts and emotions are connected to deeper forces which we do not yet understand it seems.

That is part of the reason I believe that universe want for us all to enjoy, be happy and content, together with animals and also all other beings. Emotions are very important and positive ones should be cultivated and negative ones dropped or when they came to us, we should learn to process them in a healthy way.

All for one, one for all kinda thing. I think this is simple but true. Maybe even the essence of what it is all about...?

I have one more nice video about a great man:

amazing natural born healer. One of many. Even today there are people such as him, but you will not hear it on the tv. Or if you will in many cases they will be treated with scrutiny or disrespect. But no wonder, when you think about it, many fake people try to walk in their shoes and put shadows on all...unfortunately.

But these things are real, only the modern society is ignorant and maybe even a bit fearful of the mystery.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

hey, I wrote this also is my other post a few days ago, and you maybe did not read it, as the post was not directed at you. or you ignore it. If that is so, than I don't mind and please continue to ignore it. : )
I don't mean to push you or anyone else into something they don't want to share.

I would like to say that after reading many of your threads, I have wandered a lot about what your spiritual beliefs are or if you even have them.

Oh, was I surprised when you showed up here! Thanks for sharing and hope for a lot more! : )

I would not mind at all if you would write something about the stuff you mentioned in this post to BD. Please do if you feel like it.

Also just a short silly question. Who build the pyramids and the sphinx in your opinion? I wonder what you would say to this question? Was it really the Egyptians or someone else in your opinion?

: )

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

A wider view of plate A puts the boar/delphinus connection to bed. How annoying.
There's clearly a dolphin in the top right:

Cernunnos has a stag to his right, showing that he can tame and master the wildest creature of all. He wears its horns to show that he is part of it and yet not it. I think he's maybe showing the constellation Hercules, and that he's the god of fertility and summer life (Delphinus is only in the summer sky):

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Can you comment upon the shamanic practice (and mythological practice) of apparently attempting sympathetic magic to 'wear the parts or skins of a creature' to gain it's power or blessing?

Now if someone skinned me, and wore me, I'm not so sure that I'd be disposed to be nice!

Would you want to tell me about Celtic deities who wear animal heads like Egyptians or something of that sort, and your thinking about it?

Thanks

Kev

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

It's hard to ignore a living lightning bolt that won' go away.

I'm actually not "obsessed with Kundalini" as in fact "Kundalini" is a sort of delusion.

95% of what people think they know about Kundalini is wrong.

95% of what is actually true about "Kundalini" should not be obsessed about.

But when a human, Kundalini, and Kundalini ONLY opens the doors to enhanced perception.

It's built into every one of us.

I'd say that "Kundalini" shouldn't be the "end" but it was always intended to be the "beginning";

but humans abandoned their own properly functioning bodies and minds.

So long as you are happy that's what's important to me.

Kev

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

That was SUPERB.

May I post it on my blog and attribute it to you?

Now a related thought.

I don't look at the stars much (I mean I do, I love them), but i can't see them very well. I'm horribly near-sighted.

But I can see where looking at the stars would be a total inner system, which would quiet the logical rational mind, and perhaps even keep one in a "liminal state".

I think that's it.

I maintain a liminal state by habit, and I developed my own personal inner system, so I don't use the stars.

But I betcha that's it..

The stars are awe-inspiring and mind stilling.. and if you put all that meaning into them, they are like a hypnotic device.

And people tracked them for the seasons and travel anyway.. they were critical.

I just love it when something comes together, don't you?

Do you agree?

Kev

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Well, if everything that possibly could happen at every level has already happened ... then of course there might be some bleed through. They're not my memories or your memories ... they're THE memories of every possible outcome for every possible scrap of matter to infinity.

So, if some people in one culture "tune in" to the same memes...it's not surprising that we'd see similarities between them. I think it's larger than atom arrangement in one's DNA.

Becoming liminal about the subject of "souls" and "spirits" is a very freeing thing to do.

It's only been about 5-10 years for me, that this has been dawning on me, and has become part of who I am moment by moment.

It's wonderful and terrifying then wonderful again.

Kev

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join