It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

I maybe need to look deeper into the pigs in space

Sorry. I really can't help myself.

You'll thank me later, after you're done cursing me.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

Thank you for that video - what a fascinating man!!

I liked the way he thought of 'God' as a force of 'Love', that's how I feel too...

...I mean, even though I was a member of a church when I took the "Healing Prayer" class -

- I never restricted my spirituality to any specific 'religion' and would direct my 'prayers' to "Holy Creator" or "Loving Source".

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

'I' thank you for it now!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

I maybe need to look deeper into the pigs in space

Sorry. I really can't help myself.

You'll thank me later, after you're done cursing me.

Pigs in space is in my top ten of all time!

Kev

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Rethaya

I live Anime too. Howes Magic Castle? Valley of the Wind? Other steam punk?

In particular "Mu Shi Shi" is the most unique and beautiful one ever. For a spiritual person.

I appreciate that you understand some Kundalini.

Kev

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Huh!

Active nonverbal awareness feels like a super power after a while If done correctly. Very healing and fortifying against a lot of twaddle.

Kev

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I'm hardly a Zen master...but yes Is say that the pure Liminal state is very much like a deep zazen.

However I'd say that the more shamanic liminal form more deeply deconstructs the false self and allows the wackiest cognitive dissonance feats imagineable...but zazen probably does the same at some point.

Dunno.

Kev

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl
You're welcome lol. Like I said, I can't help myself sometimes. Call it poor impulse control.

a reply to: KellyPrettyBear
Mine, too. When I saw that line, it was the perfect opening.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

We can get closer than that, in the first seal example the signs to the right are considered to be Indus valley signs, there was contact between the cultures, and the scene is well described in the Rig Veda;

From the Schoyen Collection (Norway) catalog. Impression from a cylindrical seal (Akkadian) found in NW Afghanistan - location unknown

"Thou, Indra, heedless passest by the ill Vrsakapi hath wrought;

What hath he done to injure thee, this tawny beast Vrsakapi,

Soon may the hound who hunts the boar seize him and bite him

All these things Visnu brought, the Lord of ample stride whom thou hadst sent-

A hundred buffaloes, a brew of rice and milk: and Indra, slew the ravening boar

He smote away the floods' obstructer, Vritra; Earth, conscious, lent her aid to speed thy thunder.

Thou sentest forth the waters of the ocean, as Lord through power and might, O daring Hero.

When, Much-invoked! the water's rock thou cleftest, Sarama showed herself and went before thee

Indra, at thine exploit. Vritra, the boar who lay amid the waters to sleep thou sentest with thy mighty thunder.

So Indra is the hunter, the Goddess Samara the dog and the boar Vrsakapi/Vritra, not easy to make sense of but important to note the boars relationship to the Heavenly waters, whether in terms of somehow blocking them or swallowing them up, Delphinus is in that watery quadrant of the skies, near Aquarius and Capricorn.

I don't know if the Welsh tale is in any way derived from the Rig Veda version of events.

In Hindu mythology, Sarama (The Runner) is a mythological being referred to as the bitch of the gods, or Deva-shuni.

She is described as the mother of all dogs, in particular of the two four-eyed brindle dogs of the god Yama, and dogs are given the matronymic Sarameya ("offspring of Sarama"). One scripture further describes Sarama as the mother of all wild animals.

As Vritra the boar or serpent dragon the mythology behind this seems really complex, his Mother is Danava and the context is the conflict with the Asura,.

It is notable that in Sumerian mythology Damu is the brother of Ninazu who was the progenitor of the serpent class of Gods associated with wisdom and judgement, and you see the serpent on the cauldron also.
edit on Kpm22946vAmerica/ChicagoTuesday1629 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

It does, its actually supposed to be the entire point.. but as with so many things, it has been heavily changed relatively recently. One of the 'tenets' is that no Zen masters exist, and anyone who claims to be such is missing the point. If one says they practice Zen, pursue zazen, etc. then they are missing the point, perhaps to a detrimental degree. Interesting correlations there to other mythologies.

Its a funny thing, I have heard.

Its so interesting how these things can transform. I was involved in the whole "car modifying" thing when the first Fast and the Furious movie released. Their misconceptions ended up defining the reality of the social scene, even today. While it killed my interest in participation, it was still a fascinating event to watch. Partially off topic, but if such an event (one, single movie) could so thoroughly corrupt an already established social group, it is hard to comprehend just how disparate such things could become over generations with deliberate manipulation.

Has anyone in this thread overlaid a graphic of the EM spectrum onto the tree of life? Been wondering how it might look, or if it would make something click. A wavelength the size of the universe would seem to be a nice place to start.

The categories also seem to be a nice number for comparison, but its quite arbitrary. Kind of jabbering along, but pain makes me wonky.

edit on 16-2-2016 by Serdgiam because: gimme a derp!

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I've been trying off and on for years to convince my wife that Anime is a form of art, unfortunately without success.

I saw Valley of the Wind a long time ago, but I'll have to check out the others you listed. Especially Mu Shi Shi. Things like music and anime make me realize how right you are about us mortals being wired for beauty. Even books do that sometimes, but anything that make my nervous system feel like it's on fire in a good way is true art, in my opinion.

Actually I had never really thought about why it feels that way energetically before I read your thoughts on here, but it makes sense now. I know you're not a guru or master of some sort, but I think what you're trying to do here and on your blog is important, regardless.

I know just enough about kundalini to realize that what you say is accurate enough to help others that may be going through the process understand it better. That is art too, I think.

If I had read "kundalini enhances whatever you are, good and bad" for instance, during or before my own encounter with it rather than being blindsided by it perhaps I'd have had an easier time dealing with my crazy years. Perhaps not, and I learned quickly enough the hard way, as I said awhile back I've been lucky.

At one point I was unable to sleep for about 5 days because of it, actually I stopped paying attention to much after about 80 hours but trying to explain kundalini to my mother and that I might wind up in the hospital from it was not a fun experience LOL. She was convinced it was drugs causing it, which was extremely annoying under the circumstances.

If even one person reads this thread or your blog and doesn't blow themselves up, as it were, I'd consider your efforts here a job well done.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

...hard to articulate and not sound like I've been hitting the crack pipe,

Too-late ♫.

impressionable kids are so cute!

Impressionable kids write every form of entertainment media that you enjoy, unless you are producing it yourself, and Lord knows: A cook seldom grows fat on his/her own cooking.

edit on 16-2-2016 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Pain?

Kev

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Thank you very much.

In a "rational world", the maybe 8 people in the entire world who understand more than your average bear *wicked grin* about Kundalini would be rounded up and funded to help research it.. then a lot of the misery of being alive could be reduced; eventually anyway. (It's true.. Kundalini is at the root of both Religion and mysticism.. And reforming those two subjects would be awesome).

My mentor begged me to never write a book on the subject, as he didn't want me to "compete" with the "party line". Out of respect for him, I may never write anything, other than the purposely randomized bits I've discussed here.

Given the chance, I'd love to strip away even my own BS on the topic and get to the science.

But I don't expect that is something which will happen in this world.. we are heading rapidly towards extinction as a biological species, and all that beautiful work of nature will be chucked in the garbage.

Kev

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I'm a little surprised nobody wanted to talk about "dark night of the soul" and my oblique reference to "Kundalini juice".

On anime.. yes.. it's art. I don't get how people don't see that. The music.. the imagery.. the freeing of the inner mind to examine new worlds.. it's quite the thing.

But Mu Shi Shi will take you to a place that even Yoga can't bring you usually. It's "PFM".

Kev

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: Serdgiam

Pain?

Kev

Yup, some times are better than others. Its a few things, really, but mostly severe osteoporosis, and broken bones that don't heal. 7 vertabrae, ribs, etc. have been broken for a few years. It can affect my communication whether I like it or not.

I really have been wondering about the overlay though. The image that Kantz provided reminded me of it (the tree of life on the stars), but it seems that a process like that is nigh impossible on a phone! I can't say I feel its "important" or anything, but definitely curious. I suppose something like octave scales might be relevant as well, if they are patterns born of the same template.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Morning all

Dark night of the soul and kundalini juice.

definitely interested in yours and others thoughts/ experiences round this but I know so little i can't even frame a question properly

DNotS - have come across the term and never really given it much thought - just kind of filed as a 'crash' sad/depressed etc the low after the high, or more positively the low before the high.
It does seem that 'progressing' in any thing/field requires a journey and generally you are most tired as you work to finish/complete when you get your reward/high. (many marathon runners talk about hitting the wall)

Kundalini juice - internal energies of some sort? chi,mana,spirit?

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Never heard of them being resurrection machines till now. Wired, considering I have watched a lot of documentaries about it. It is amazing piece of information. And it makes a lot of sense considering their religion.

I really liked reading about hermeticism and emerald tablet of thoth. Both of these things are very interesting. I have read a few things about this religion and some books written by Hermes and it seems they contain wisdom for spiritual progression. But the language is very old and english translation of the books are hard for me to devour due to bad understanding.

But my feeling about the tables seems that they could be faked. But even so, the content on them is not all just crap, imho. The man who wrote them originally was without a doubt at least spiritual seeker. : )

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

nicely written!

yes maybe it was as you say, maybe not.

But I will say this.
The tower of babel story. This would be in this case one of the last related stories of this civilization and in it due to humans arrogance, gods decided to make us dumber. He punished us in a most unexpected way. He gave us EGO and than we were strangers/separated from that point on. We were given languages and could not understand each other any more. People were lost and confused. Maybe this would be the start of events described in the book about the fall of ego. Which Kev and others recommended in this thread.
Until than we were one civilization, one religion, one science. Technology was different from today. What we have now is just one version of development only dependent on physical word. Imagine civilization where technology and spirit are merged.

miracles, levitation, magic, control of the elements, ...such words come to mind with such technology, for me...

For me it is simple. If gods and man were living together here on earth in the ancient past than this civilization is possible and has a lot of chance being true. Also gods in this case could just be the first critter who had come to earth from other planes of reality or planets far in the past. A lot more than 10,000 BC.

But I realize what I am suggesting here goes against a lot of science today. Stuff like evolution, some archeology and many other areas are thrown into the dust bin with this theory.
So it is perfectly normal if you think I am a fool to entertain this option, but I don't mind : )

In any case it is very interesting story in my opinion.
What do others think of the babel story?

Also did you check Avatar - English anime, I recommend it.
Another fan of anime here also and have watched a ton of it. : )
edit on 1455704139215February152152916 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I'm liking it.

The Micmac Indians of Nova Scotia and the Iroquois Indians along the St. Lawrence seaway share one story about the Big Bear. In this story, the quadrangle of the dipper represents a bear that is pursued by seven hunters; the three closest hunters are the handle of the dipper. As autumn approaches, the four farthest hunters dip below the horizon and abandon the hunt, leaving the closest three hunters to chase the bear.
The hunters are all named after birds. The closest hunter to the bear is named Robin, the second closest is Chickadee, and the third is Moose Bird. Chickadee is carrying the pot in which the bear will be cooked. The second star in the handle is actually two stars [the famous double star system] called Mizar and Alcor which represent Chickadee and the pot.

www.aavso.org...

Using statistical and phylogenetic tools, Julien d'Huy reconstructs the following Palaeolithic state of the story: "There is an animal that is a horned herbivore, especially an elk. One human pursues this ungulate. The hunt locates or get to the sky. The animal is alive when it is transformed into a constellation. It forms the Big Dipper".[26]

en.wikipedia.org...

In your seal, Indra (the Hunter) is Orion, Samara Canis Major and Vritra, the boar can be guessed as Ursa Major.

Indra, at thine exploit. Vritra, the boar who lay amid the waters to sleep thou sentest with thy mighty thunder.

A guess would be that Vritra lies amongst the water to sleep with thunder, because he is a winter constellation, he brings rain and storms while he sleeps, so that's why he's chased away. I find all Akkadian etc mythology confusing, I can't relate to it easily at all.

According to the Rig Veda, Vritra kept the waters of the world captive until he was killed by Indra, who destroyed all the 99 fortresses of Vritra (although the fortresses are sometimes attributed to Sambara) before liberating the imprisoned rivers.

en.wikipedia.org...

Unless, they were waiting for the winter rains in Iraq, Afghanistan etc, in fact they probably were (not dreading them like here, lol). So to kill Vritra would be to release the water (rain) and let the rivers flow again. Drive him out of the winter sky and the water will flow again.

eta:

A group of seven stars is often shown on the cylinders from Babylonia, Lajard's Culte de Mithra giving many instances of this, although the reference may have been to the Pleiades; while it is Sayce's suggestion that perhaps "the god seven," so frequently mentioned in the inscriptions, is connected with Ursa Major.

Among the adjacent Syrians it was a Wild Boar, and in the stars of the feet of our Bear (now Leo Minor) the early nomads saw the tracks of their Ghazal (gazelle). Similarly, in the far North, it has been the Sarw of the Lapps, their familiar Reindeer, the Los of the Ostiaks, and the Tukto of the Greenlanders.

www.constellationsofwords.com...

Cheers A,

edit on 17-2-2016 by beansidhe because: eta

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join