It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
What if there were real, tangible mechanisms by which instances of ESP, faith healing, OOB experiences, remote viewing, etc. occur? What if someone discovered that non-verbal, non-electrical impulse communication occurred at the cellular level between similar and disparate life forms? What if it was discovered that reality, including events that occurred in the past can be manipulated, simply by thinking about it? Would that information be valuable to you? Do you think that those in power would share it or cover it up?

:-) All of those things have already been discovered.... and are just waiting for you to see them for what they are.

You won't find 'em here.
edit on 12-2-2016 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

... several stray thoughts that are followed by the person calling or strange mental words echoed by NPR or TV in the background.

You know, this may not be as much a 'psychic connection' type thing as it is a 'premonition' one...

...I mean, especially with the TV/radio - having words in mind that you don't commonly use just before hearing them broadcast, could be you having a 'premonition of those words' being said on the air.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Also a meeting of burns (streams for the non-scot) has always been seen as a mystical place, think of fairy wells too.

Fae culture is rich with water.

But of course different critters enjoy different environments or perhaps elements and the amazonian cultures have a rich lore too so I don't think it can be humidity/damp.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Well he was definitely a "Mc" but not a Campbell.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Funnily enough i watched a film last night where the main character proved his abilities by flicking through tv channels quoting what they would say before changing channel

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Not really. He emigrated to Canada then to America from there. I never met the man and don't have hardly any paperwork.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Are we talking quantum theory here?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I think that you are on to something.

Kev

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

I cannot help but think an infomercial for Bob Dobbs and the Church o' the Subgenius(es) is coming...

OR you happen to have a website where the truth can be found with a modest donation.. . see above...

OR you stumbled upon the Truth in that old Spanish castle/manor with those weird old immortals (Hi Rutgar, if so!) and their insufferable alchemy and underage parties?

Either way, do go on.... ?

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I was going to say what johnb just said, that there's loads of water connected to fairy stories, but I won't now because he just did.
I like the way you think though, and it definitely has something to do with place but I also think it's the way a place makes you feel. I think that emotion is key to these things, and yes it's true that they can take you by surprise when you feel everything is fine, but still - heightened emotion is often connected to weird events.
Or maybe we just feel that way because of the pre-existing 'vibey' stuff already going on? Actually forget it, you were probably right the first time.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

If anyone cares...by resurgence I mean that I have a high voltage lightning bolt going in a reverse direction from the base of my spine and interacting with my organs including my brain.

My heart only slipped 1 beat this time...no hallucinations...I'm calm as a meadow lamb..other than being shook by a hurricane.

I guess all that purification work really came in handy.

I happen to be troubleshooting ssl/tls encryption tunnels while the...you know....heavens open and the gods watch in envy.

Not joking.

Very educational this time.

Got to get back to work.

Kev

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

A lovely Mc, then we are all right.

Sorry you never met him, though. Do you ever get into fights in a bar for no reason or get over-emotional when you start singing? That'll be his genes, it's not your fault.

Maybe you've been tempered by Sioux, I can only hope.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt

a reply to: zazzafrazz

No i meant i'd tend to keep my mouth shut...
Well that's no fun, I'll have to find someone else with a interest in the ancients to ride in the back of a Bedouin truck with

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well... huh... I don't know where to start and really have no relevant input other than what do you think is going on with that?

Reactivation of the dreaded "K" word?

I've never done any of that "work" (on purpose, anyway) and am so over my head regarding it I fear I can only express concern and wonder, again, what is going on?

Hopefully it is something metaphysical rather than a fusing of two vertebrae from sitting too long at the 'puter?? I kid, again, because I have nothing to contribute other than I hope you're okay...

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Enjoy and please share as much as you want.

and lostgirl

searched Florida strangeness and found this
Published on 14 Jun 2015
A one of a kind video series unmatched by any other is about a woman who has investigated over 60 cases from the central Florida Ocala National Forest involving one or more of the following....
*Portals
*UFO's
*Men in Black
*Strange US military activities
*Aliens
*Big Foot experiences
*Abductees
*Other strange creatures

Stand by for more of the series of never before told experiences of strangeness.

- just about to have a look so apologies if it's a load of crap

link

ok found the 6min reedited pilot now
edit on 12-2-2016 by johnb because: link

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Of all the places I've been fortunate to travel (most of the U.S., Canadian Rockies, some continental Europe, and some Great Britain)...

....The place I've loved most was Scotland. I went for the first time last summer

- we were in Edinburgh for four days, then drove up to the Glen Coe area and stayed 4 nights, just outside of Fort William, and did day trips out to various castles and lochs - including every "Harry Potter" film site my husband could find.

We take a 'big' trip every summer, and by the last couple nights, I'm always ready to be back in my own 'world'/house/bed/etc. - Scotland was the first time I ever got to the end of a trip and really didn't want to go home...

edit on 12-2-2016 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

How funny - I will have to look up some of that stuff in more detail.

Ocala is about 2 hour drive North of us, not quite as 'swampy' (humid) as we are...

...though, since you, Baddogma, and beansidhe have made very good cases against my 'theory', I don't suppose that matters!

edit on 12-2-2016 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Oh drat, you could have come in for tea if it had been this summer. Did you go to Glenfinnan?

Funnily enough, I just linked Mr Pretty Bear a story about Glen Coe. I hate that place, it makes me want to cry. I can't drive through it fast enough at night, it makes me feel so sad and creepy.

We take a 'big' trip every summer, and by the last couple nights, I'm always ready to be back in my own 'world'/house/bed/etc. - Scotland was the first time I ever got to the end of a trip and really didn't want to go home...

I love it too, it's very small so you can see lots of things very quickly. That's brilliant that you were just up the road last summer.

You'll understand, since you've seen it, how all the stories have sort of got 'stuck' in the landscape, it kind of lends itself to myth.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Yes, we even got a picture of the steam train driving over the aqueduct!

Glen Coe itself, where "The Three Sisters" are, does have a creepy feel to it - maybe to do with all those people getting betrayed and slaughtered there..(I think that was the place)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Ah, great timing with the photo! Yes, that was where the Campbells massacred the MacDonalds. Long story, but yes it is creepy.

You know, this may not be as much a 'psychic connection' type thing as it is a 'premonition' one... ...I mean, especially with the TV/radio - having words in mind that you don't commonly use just before hearing them broadcast, could be you having a 'premonition of those words' being said on the air.

I'm thinking about this though - isn't a premonition a psychic connection of sorts? It still has that 'hooked in' sort of thing going on, if you know what I mean?

new topics

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join