It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriots TEAR DOWN Illegal Gov. Fence at OregonFront!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Looks like the good Congressman did not really look very hard. Which is probably why nothing came of his claim.

Section 1733:

The Secretary may authorize Federal personnel or appropriate local officials to carry out his law enforcement responsibilities with respect to the public lands and their resources.

Nothing in this Act shall be construed as reducing or limiting the enforcement authority vested in the Secretary by any other statute.

? BLM broke the law.

The fact is, the BLM was supposed to use the local sheriff.

The fact is the BLM is not a military, and they are not police.

However history has proven that the BLM are nothing more than strong armed henchmen for powerful businessmen in Washington.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

? BLM broke the law.
According to an ex-Congressman.

The fact is the BLM is not a military, and they are not police.

Right. They are not military. But they can be granted powers of law enforcement. It's the law. Want to see it again?

The Secretary may authorize Federal personnel or appropriate local officials to carry out his law enforcement responsibilities with respect to the public lands and their resources.

edit on 1/13/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

I certainly do not mind. This is the second time I posted this in a thread because it is a relevant backdrop for a number of federal overreach situations that are occurring now. My great concern is that most people are not aware that the federal government is overrun with corporatist scumbags. They are running off these land owners to make way for foreign corporate control of these underlying resources. Most people are willfully ignorant useful tools for the establishment for the most part and have little self direction or original thought on complex subjects such as this.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

When I read and linked the articles from OPB, they just seemed to be reporting the who, what, when, where and why. I didn't notice any obvious bias in their reporting. Would you mind pointing it out?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

ill tell you what, im not pointing a gun at the feds and destroying their property, because thats stupid. im also not dying to prove a point. if you want to thats fine by me.

This is the biggest problem today in America.

I guess your not a home owner and worked hard all your life to pay off your 30 year mortgage, and if you are and paid off your home, then one day a government official comes to your house, and tells you you need to leave, that your property is now the government, because we say so, you have 30 days to vacate.

Are you going to tell me, that you would happily walk away?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Public broadcast is generally run and supported by the far left of the community and by the federal government. This is not a news organization as much as a democrat operated propaganda organization that is directly paid and operated by the administration when it is democrat run. This is a major reason republicans try and defund it on a regular basis. I feel like captain obvious here. Surely this is common knowledge and you are just messing with me? Do you seriously buy into your own brand of BS here?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

My great concern is that most people are not aware that the federal government is overrun with corporatist scumbags. They are running off these land owners to make way for foreign corporate control of these underlying resources. Most people are willfully ignorant useful tools for the establishment for the most part and have little self direction or original thought on complex subjects such as this.

I couldn't agree more

Many Americans haven't a clue. The very fact is most of our congressmen are bought and paid for by the worlds biggest corporation and these congressmen allegiance are only for these corporations as they have very well demonstrated it by allowing corporations to help write many of these laws that only befit them and Congress pass these laws, because they were bribed by big campaign contributions to do so.
edit on 13-1-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It really doesn't matter what the law is at this point, You behave as if the government is not corrupt.

It's a fact that our government uses strong arm tactics to take, take, take, for whatever reason.

This is what Kings do. More is not enough for these corrupt people, don't you agree?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Posse Comitatus: a forum dedicated to discussing the injustices of police/government. I've seen quite a few people speaking their minds (colorfully) over some of the topics and hating on police and government for being "corrupt bullies".

This thread: Some people step up and protest the government, FAR more peacefully than other groups have, over a real grievance instead of sitting on their butts and discussing it online. These people are apparently "terrorists", "lawbreakers", and "unpatriotic".

God I love you dear fickle ATS.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
So, the rhetoric here is "the government is corrupt" and so whatever anyone does in response to it is acceptable.

This is anarchy at best, and childish proto-logic at worst. This is not in any sense "the American way" ... and further, it's not even a matter of States Rights or Local Control. These folks in Oregon are "invaders" of the State ... the locals don't want them there. They are out for low-impact political coverage, and the only thing they've accomplished here is to make reasonable, viable criticism of the government look like the mutterings of numbskulls.

This is just more "bread and circuses" for the right-wingnut crowd. They don't look like patriots; they look like fools.

That was, in the end, the intention if I were guessing.
edit on 13-1-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd

Going against your government is not patriotism, its called treason. everyone there should be locked up.

One day, for whatever reason I do not know. The government may come for you or your land and you may have to choose between going against them or bending over.

What would you do?

I think people who who think like you are far more detrimental to society than the bundys.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Posse Comitatus: a forum dedicated to discussing the injustices of police/government. I've seen quite a few people speaking their minds (colorfully) over some of the topics and hating on police and government for being "corrupt bullies".

This thread: Some people step up and protest the government, FAR more peacefully than other groups have, over a real grievance instead of sitting on their butts and discussing it online. These people are apparently "terrorists", "lawbreakers", and "unpatriotic".

God I love you dear fickle ATS.

These are not locals protesting. These are armed people from other states showing up, uninvited and unwanted. Nobody invited them and nobody wants them around. So they are not helping anybody. They thought they could show up and get some good press. Instead they ended up fighting with other groups who had the same idea. Not banding together in common cause but, fighting over the spot light. People are not stupid, they can see these people for what they are. And now at some point they have slink home because if the locals, the native americans and the populations at large think you are the problem, then you most likely are. Because they so love the spotlight they have made the entire thing about them.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

This thread should be titled: Narcissistic vandals destroy your property. We are taxpayers, and those yahoos need to pay for tearing down our fence and grazing on our land without paying for it.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Silicis n Volvo

One day, for whatever reason I do not know. The government may come for you or your land and you may have to choose between going against them or bending over.

The problem is, these greedy yahoos are the ones trying to take my land from the stewardship of the government!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

While I agree that there is absolutely no reason to keep the public from using public land in a useful way, I couldn't take the video seriously because the music made me feel like I was watching The Biggest Loser finale or something.

It's over-produced and gives it a scripted feel that takes away credibility.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Simple hooligans. The citizens have made it very clear they do not want these idiots there, the native Americans have made it clear they don't want these morons there. When can we drop in the gas, knock out these losers, and remove them to a nice jail cell where they can occupy and have snacks every day?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I'm a bit surprised that you have not commented on how this entire thing is a scripted media event.

Didn't you get the memo? It's only dastardly propaganda when it's people they hate.

You know, just as it's only thugs when they're black, and they're only terrorists when they're not "Conservative white men"

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
It's a fact that our government uses strong arm tactics to take, take, take, for whatever reason.

This is what Kings do. More is not enough for these corrupt people, don't you agree?

It seems to me the biggest problem is that far too many right-wing Americans seem to have a confused notion about democracy and government.
While you seem to view the democratically elected government of the people as some kind of "occupying force", most people actually understand that the federal government is a body of people created by the people to help all people serve and protect the nation.

It really comes down to the simple fact that some people hate democracy, primarily because it doesn't allow them the individual freedom to dictate their own laws, take what they want, do what they like, without contributing to the society around them.

The land does not belong to these men. The land doesn't even belong to the locals. The land didn't even belong to the native Paiute tribe.
The land is for use by all, but in order for it to be safeguarded for use by all you have to manage it.

Most rational people understand that this land has not been "stolen" from anyone. This is land that is held in trust for the public of the country, to prevent people like the Bundy's from doing exactly what they are doing now - abusing that land as if they f-ing own it.

I would recommend some here take a look through the history of their own damn country and find out why organizations and protections exist. The federal government didn't just appear overnight like some invading force. This has grown over time at the behest of the people, to protect land, to protect the rights of farmers, to protect the land from abuses by private owners who once had a monopoly and could pollute and destroy as they wished.

So many of the anti-government ranters on here seem to think that doing away with the "evil government" and the bodies the public created will result in some magical utopia. In reality, it will take you back a few hundred years. All of it was created because of a need to protect something, to develop something, to serve the people. Start stripping that away because you've forgotten what a sh*t hole your country once was and you'll end up back in that sh*t hole within decades.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Try asking what they want to put in place of "the guvment" ... you'll get a cricket serenade.

BTW, excellent post!

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Yes and when it all goes down there will never be a lack of psychopaths who will follow orders no matter how horrible.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join