It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriots TEAR DOWN Illegal Gov. Fence at OregonFront!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
www.oregonlive.com...

i guess they are going to announce their exit plan friday.
looks like they will not be staying for years.

says they have been there a week. seems like thats a lot of work not getting done on the ranch.
patriot is not the first word that comes to mind when i think of these dudes

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Honest question, why are these guys called patriots

Because they are opposing a corrupt Federal Government.

First truthful answer so far!

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

The US Constitution is their guiding document...and mine.

What is yours?

None of these guys have ever read the constitution, much less understand it. If they did, they wouldn't be putting on this dog and pony show and calling it patriotism.

~Tenth

It would definitley be a seveir T&C violation to pick you up and shake you into the Conservative mold...afterall your the only member who is sacred!

Funny thing, I am a conservative

Just not a dressed up liberal, like most conservatives are today.

Bundy just wants his 10 mins of fame extended, he failed to do whatever it was he wanted to do last year, now he's going to fail at this because the people he's using draw the wrong kinds of attention.

That group will implode eventually when everybody stops giving a damn about them. Which should be in the next week or so.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Someone that opposes the US government would be a traitor, would they not?

It is possible to oppose oppression and exercise rights without becoming traitors.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

yeah.
i guess they are gonna tot to town and announce when/how they are leaving.

they are either going to try and stick it out and wind up realizing it is not happening(lot of work on the ranch) or they are going to keep escalating little # like taking down this fence they dont own on land they dont own and get removed.
it is not going to end well for them. just not sure what degree of bad it will be

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

[B]no[/B]

It is possible to oppose oppression and exercise rights without becoming traitors.

^^^Yes

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: machineintelligence

are these oregon dudes constantly occupying the building?
how do they make time to do this when there is so much work to do on the ranch?

people are delusional

and leave us not forget that the Bundys and some others are NOT Oregonians. They have crossed state lines to foment their media oriented patriotism.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

What is yours?

The US Constitution is a good guiding document. Selective interpretation of it for one's own ends is not good. There are people in jail because they didn't pay those "unconstitutional" income taxes.
These "Patriots" are just bullies who are in it for themselves and are trying to coopt as many people as they can to help them.

Selective interpretation is actually the best way to desribe Liberals who concoct lame policies that failed just 3 years ago.

But Libs still try!

That doesn't absolve the occupiers of what they are doing. Hopefully, they will soon claim victory, stop bothering the local folks, and go home. Then, the Park Service people will assess the damage and send the bills to those responsible.
edit on 1/12/2016 by pteridine because: clarification

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

You can't be a traitor unless you consider yourself part of the organization you are 'betraying'. I don't swear fealty to the killing machine that is the U.S. Federal Government and never have.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

you can oppose oppression without being a traitor.
traitor is another term that gets tossed around too much

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You can't be a traitor unless you consider yourself part of the organization you are 'betraying'.

All Americans are part of the US system, whether it's good or bad. It's up to the people to make the changes they want to see, but this is an act of treason by trying to overtake government facilities and even more so if they took an oath as a member of the Armed Forces.

treason: the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government

I don't swear fealty to the killing machine that is the U.S. Federal Government and never have.

My bad. I though you were an American.
edit on 12-1-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

What is yours?

None of these guys have ever read the constitution, much less understand it. If they did, they wouldn't be putting on this dog and pony show and calling it patriotism.

~Tenth

It would definitley be a seveir T&C violation to pick you up and shake you into the Conservative mold...afterall your the only member who is sacred!

Funny thing, I am a conservative

Just not a dressed up liberal, like most conservatives are today.

Bundy just wants his 10 mins of fame extended, he failed to do whatever it was he wanted to do last year, now he's going to fail at this because the people he's using draw the wrong kinds of attention.

That group will implode eventually when everybody stops giving a damn about them. Which should be in the next week or so.

~Tenth

The wavering by Republicans was just to ensure the Noverber election is secure...and it is.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

What is yours?

Perhaps you and they should read this part then ...

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the constitution or laws of any state to the contrary notwithstanding.

(Article VI, Clause 2)

Emphasis mine. Words courtesy of James Madison and the Constitutional Convention.
edit on 12-1-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It's not going to end well for Bundy and his merry men. I think the FBI's inaction is just to allow these militia dudes enough time to rack up a huge stack of legal charges against them.

Officials say they can’t answer questions about why the militants are able to come and go, or why electricity and Internet connectivity remains intact. Officials say they can’t comment because the situation is a part of active investigation.

Using the computers inside the Malheur refuge was probably a bad idea.
Link

An especially poor plan to let this guy, David Fry, set up a "Media Center" in one office of the refuge.
At 1:21 into this video, he admits it was made on one of the US Fish & Wildlife computers.

This Oregon Public Broadcasting article has more info on David Fry:

Fry’s Google+ account shows the Ohio man regularly posts anti-Semitic, homophobic, and pro-Nazi propaganda on social media.

Fry also posts in support of ISIS.

All of this goodness, while Ryan Bundy insists they haven't used the computers.

When asked about the computers, Bundy emphatically denied any of the work spaces had been touched since the occupation.

There are four desks in the office, two on each side. Three of the computers were turned on, and in screen saver mode. Papers in the room were strewn about in a disorderly manner.

After Finicum realized he shouldn’t have allowed OPB to access the room, he quickly picked up lists of names and Social Security numbers by the computers, and hid government employee ID cards that were previously in plain sight.

Link to quotes above

When this standoff ends, these guys are going to be behind bars.
edit on 1/12/2016 by Olivine because: formatting

edit on 1/12/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/12/2016 by Olivine because: forgot last link

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

You can't be a traitor unless you consider yourself part of the organization you are 'betraying'. I don't swear fealty to the killing machine that is the U.S. Federal Government and never have.

Meanwhile in the real world what does that get you?
Just because I consider myself to be a Ninja doesnt make it so.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I don't swear fealty to the killing machine that is the U.S. Federal Government and never have.

Oh but you "swear fealty" to the US federal Governments Constitution? Just like these freeloading Bundy's, your want the rights but not the obligation?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Kind of obvious that guy might be an agent.

The acting is perfect.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What's "obvious" xuenchen, is that he is a sad, lonely young man, from reading his comments below the youtube video, linked above.

edit on 1/12/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Wow!

The fact is Bundy did not fail. BLM stole his cattle, and swarmed his ranch with helicopters with snipers on board and killed some of his cattle during the round up. At the same time armed BLM showed up at his ranch to remove him and his family.

The fact is, BLM lost. Hundreds of armed militia showed up from all over the county and ran off the BLM and their armed henchmen, and the militia helped Bundy get all his cattle back on to the ranch.

That was all Bundy wanted. That land Bundy owns has been in his family for over a hundred years.

Bundy won.

So where did Bundy fail?

It is about time that Americans start standing up to corrupt Federal Governments that many have now become thieves and abuse their power.

I am very proud of what the militia has accomplished so far.

I hope not. If Americans stop given a dam and turn a blind eye on government corruption and theft of our properties then perhaps North Korea or Iran may not be a bad place to live, because these communist governments do the same thing to their own people.

If Americans do not stand up to this kind of corruption then don't be surprised when you wake up one day and you have no freedoms, no property, no rights, no job, no money, nothing because Kim Kardstion and football was all that mattered to you.
edit on 12-1-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: machineintelligence

Are they going to ship it to the borders? To keep the rabble out.

How will the Washingtonias keep their rabble under control?[/quote

That would be their question of the day, wouldn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join