It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is going to watch the State of the Union tonight? Who is actually expecting a difference?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
"When we helped the Ukraine defend their democracy"

Really? I must have missed that one.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: yesyesyes
I think you guys are nuts. This country IS better off than it was in 2009 by a long shot.

Best president of my lifetime.

How so? Every enemy is laughing at us. I voted for him cause I was anti intervention. He just made # way worse in the middle east. The economy is still a disaster, that crash was as much Clinton's fault as Bush's that # storm didn't happen overnight. Nothing good has come from this clown, he talks a big game and hasn't done anything positive.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Obama is doing well and I'm glad that his last SOTU address has been a bit of a middle-finger to his haters.

Like his policies or not, he's doing well.

Exactly how I feel about it.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

You are not basing your opinions on facts. You are basing it on how you feel.

You can look at nearly every index and see an improvement across the board.

When the guy was elected the DOW was at 7,500 - today it is a 16,000

Gas was $5 the summer before he was elected and it is predicted that it will be at a $1 by the end of this year.

I can go on and on and on

Thats the problem with being a hater, it clouds objectivity

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

No, I am conscious, and I am not a wing nut.

Too much information.

What's funny is I thought you were just being sarcastic lol.
edit on 12-1-2016 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

and being able to rub your real accomplishments in the face of those that don't support you.

You are completely correct. I does have a bit of arrogance to it. But I suppose it's important to note that he had REAL accomplishments to rub in their faces. Despite all the BS he get's, he did do something that he deserves credit for.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

By the same standards, unemployment has dropped by half

How many months of continuos job creation? Oh yeah over five years
Gas is set to drop to a dollar a gallon by the end of this year.

So awful

The oil industry up here (Alaska) has cut around 10,000 jobs, with BP going to cut another 4000 in the U.S., Job creation? more like people just stop looking for work because there aren't jobs.

edit on 12-1-2016 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2016 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: yesyesyes

The president controls neither the DOW or gas prices though...

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightTF3

I think you guys are nuts. This country IS better off than it was in 2009 by a long shot.

How so? Every enemy is laughing at us. I voted for him cause I was anti intervention. He just made # way worse in the middle east. The economy is still a disaster, that crash was as much Clinton's fault as Bush's that # storm didn't happen overnight. Nothing good has come from this clown, he talks a big game and hasn't done anything positive.

He just mention a ton of positive things that have happened in the last 7 years. I cannot help it if you are cynical or adverse to facts.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Gas reached its highest under his administration lol. He just bashed Wall Street so who cares about that? I specifically remember it plummeting when he got elected and re-elected anyways. If you're gonna give him props for the gas price fallout, are you gonna blame him for the hundreds of thousands of jobs that are STILL being lost over it? Face it, the economy is hell and you don't have to disagree with his policies to see it.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

They do when they are fooked up lol

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sandman441

No, they are adding part time jobs to the "employment" so, when an unemployed person finds a part time job and still has to get welfare to make ends meet and the only job that can be found is part time that is counted as "employment"

They aren't counting only full time jobs.. so if someone gets laid off from a job paying 20 dollars an hour, 45 hours a week, and finds a job after 6 months of looking as a cashier making minimum wage at the gas station or grocery store working 20 hours a week, it is being counted as "employment" these days..

That way they can pat themselves on the back.
edit on 12-1-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

and being able to rub your real accomplishments in the face of those that don't support you.

You are completely correct. I does have a bit of arrogance to it. But I suppose it's important to note that he had REAL accomplishments to rub in their faces. Despite all the BS he get's, he did do something that he deserves credit for.

No you had it right. It was just a middle finger. No real accomplishments. Just failures.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kitana
a reply to: sandman441

No, they are adding part time jobs to the "employment" so, when an unemployed person finds a part time job and still has to get welfare to make ends meet and the only job that can be found is part time that is counted as "employment"

They aren't counting only full time jobs.. so if someone gets laid off from a job paying 20 dollars an hour, 45 hours a week, and finds a job after 6 months of looking as a cashier making minimum wage at the gas station or grocery store working 20 hours a week, it is being counted as "employment" these days..

That way they can pat themselves on the back.

yeah they like doing that alot, even if it makes things worse.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightTF3

He just mention a ton of positive things that have happened in the last 7 years. I cannot help it if you are cynical or adverse to facts.

If you're taking this line of # for fact I guess there's nothing to talk about

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

The president controls neither the DOW or gas prices though...

Bullhockey! If it's a democratic president he gets credit for that until the stocks tank or gas prices are up. We've seen it first-hand in 7 years lol

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

No you had it right. It was just a middle finger. No real accomplishments. Just failures.

Humorous.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well I am thoroughly disgusted. He lives in fantasy land.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: EightTF3

They eat it up. That was straight up gospel to the hardcore left.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Humorous.

Indeed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join