It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is going to watch the State of the Union tonight? Who is actually expecting a difference?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: yesyesyes

Gas was $5 the summer before he was elected and it is predicted that it will be at a $1 by the end of this year.

Wow! I wasn't aware Obama controlled the oil prices?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

And poverty and crime continue unabated.

Obama fails.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Gas reached its highest under his administration lol. He just bashed Wall Street so who cares about that? I specifically remember it plummeting when he got elected and re-elected anyways. If you're gonna give him props for the gas price fallout, are you gonna blame him for the hundreds of thousands of jobs that are STILL being lost over it? Face it, the economy is hell and you don't have to disagree with his policies to see it.

That is not correct. The entire price structure of gas increased 250% by the president before him and they never fell back to their history price structure. Furthermore the highest prices were in june and july of 2008.

If the prices fall to $1, it will mark a return to the pricing structure that used to reign for decades prior to the last president.

As far lost jobs in that sector, I will admit, I am too happy about me and my family paying less. I know personally that the industry is crooked as all hell and while I sad that people get laid off, I am happy we the people are not being extorted as heavily.

The economy in your area my very well be screwed, but in my locale things are crazy busy. I was in a traffic jam 350 miles long this Christmas because so many people were on the I-5. The same road was empty five years ago.

I am sorry things are rough around you though

edit on 12-1-2016 by yesyesyes because: (no reason given)

link   
But seriously, how did we defend Ukraine's democracy?

link   

originally posted by: EA006
a reply to: Kitana

No no no... TPP will save everything.....he's saying that just now.

TPP will save everything.

Except us regular Citizens.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

Gas was $5 the summer before he was elected and it is predicted that it will be at a $1 by the end of this year.

HE seems to be when prices are high lol

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
"When we helped the Ukraine defend their democracy"

Really? I must have missed that one.

And Putin says:

"Crimea River".

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He doesn't care about you guys....

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Obama fails.

And millions of poor people now can see a doctor and seek long term treatment, such a fail.

The evil of that man lol

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

But seriously, how did we defend Ukraine's democracy?

We didn't, I think he is full of it in this regard.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Pretty sure I just watched an anti-Trump infomercial.

And I did like how the Joint Cheifs were in an uncomfortable grimace as he was talking about America having the strongest military and countries know it would be foolish to provoke the US. Especially given the recent Iran issue that went unmentioned.

But yeah, it had that infomercial feel without the double the offer for the same price.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

"When we helped the Ukraine defend their democracy"

Really? I must have missed that one.

And Putin says:

"Crimea River".

Donetsk, don't tell.....

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I hope Guiness was there ...

to document the largest gathering oh Shyte in US history....

I hope that the folks in the country realize the trouble we are in, regards to those who represent US.....

How long will we be snowballed, patted on the head, served keywords to make us feel that we are being represented?

The only part of the broadcast that I saw, that wish I was privy, was the jokes VP Biden was telling the Speaker Ryan, when waiting for the POTUS to show up...

Left or Right... we are all screwed with the folks we have partying in DC on our dime.....

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: yesyesyes

Obama fails.

And millions of poor people now can see a doctor and seek long term treatment, such a fail.

The evil of that man lol

Yup.

The high crime areas require better "access to" doctors, especially ambulances and emergency rooms.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

He's responsible for all the good things as far as the left is concerned. I voted for the prick but things have gone so far left I can admit it was a mistake. His presidency is the reason Trump is at a point he can seriously win. The left gave us 8 years of BS hope(The guy got a Nobel Peace prize and brought us noting but misery), now they're forcing Hillary on us with a fixed process. I'm going to vote republican for the first time because all these factors. I'm tired of feeling like a bigot because I like my country and think laws should be enforced
edit on 12-1-2016 by EightTF3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

You do know that OPEC is responsible for the gas prices today right? They flooded the market with cheap oil in order to stop American oil production, because we were needing them less and less due to our own production rates. We posed market competition so they are currently doing all they can to put a stop to that. Shut us down it will take a while before our production hits the markets hard again. And that is exactly what they are doing, and why they are doing it.

It is a hit to American production, and therefore a hit to American jobs. Fine for gas prices, but they wont be so low for long, not even OPEC countries can afford to keep this up too long, but they are hoping for long enough to stop competition for a while once they have to jack prices back up again.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: sandman441

a reply to: xuenchen

By the same standards, unemployment has dropped by half

How many months of continuos job creation? Oh yeah over five years
Gas is set to drop to a dollar a gallon by the end of this year.

So awful

The oil industry up here (Alaska) has cut around 10,000 jobs, with BP going to cut another 4000 in the U.S., Job creation? more like people just stop looking for work because there aren't jobs.

That industry is one small facet of the US economy.

Solar energy jobs have increased 100% in just 5 years.

Oil is the past, America needs to lead the new emerging energy industry, not prop up a 100 plus year old technology.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Obama fails.

The evil of that man lol

Yup.

The high crime areas require better "access to" doctors, especially ambulances and emergency rooms.

Yeah and when they get to the emergency room they can pull out their insurance card and the insurance company can pay, instead of the entire market. Good Point

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Obama is doing well and I'm glad that his last SOTU address has been a bit of a middle-finger to his haters.

Like his policies or not, he's doing well.

Good to hear. I've been following you on some subjects. You are one of the few who keep it real and honest.

It's almost impossible to get a real public perspective on Obama's presidency with so many negative reactionarys. That "fact thingy" is usually missing, ya know.

His effect will be evaluated over the years to come. I expect Obama's rating will surprise many.

Oh, and I don't have TV and my internet is too flakey lame for live feed.

I'll check back.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

That industry is one small facet of the US economy.

Solar energy jobs have increased 100% in just 5 years.

Oil is the past, America needs to lead the new emerging energy industry, not prop up a 100 plus year old technology.

I would love to see solar energy work above the arctic circle in the winter. The other thing too is that with the oil prices being so low 20,000 people will be losing jobs in the next month or so. That's a pretty big hit to the economy I would imagine. 100,000 jobs were lost in 2015 in the energy sector.
edit on 12-1-2016 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join