It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is going to watch the State of the Union tonight? Who is actually expecting a difference?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: operayt
The presidents speech is soooo vague. I want to hear the words and explanation on what exactly are they going to do. Not some gobble dee gook do gooder speech. Pathetic, absolutely Pathetic. Lets get into all the details up fromt like Trump does.

trump gives details?

He gives less details than ANY GOP candidate

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
very inspiring speech, reflecting on the crap we had to put up with and what we have changed. progress comes slow because some of us dont want to move forward. we will bring them along with us into the future, kicking and screaming like children, for a better future.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: yesyesyes

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: yesyesyes

The Republicans at the time were well known RINOS.

And Clinton was in on the scam.

You know good and well that the GOP is in the tank for private industry. Don't play stupid, it is too transparent

Democrats are in deeper and for more $$$$$

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

You know good and well that the GOP is in the tank for private industry. Don't play stupid, it is too transparent

because obamacare is greedy right, how about taxing the wealthy exploiters more than the working class.
your rhetoric wont fly here bud

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113

because obamacare is greedy right, how about taxing the wealthy exploiters more than the working class.

lmao

It is like the snakes eating itself with that one.

This is the primary problem with America IMO. Uneducated, illogical people, with such strong opinions are why corporate interests TRUMP American interests everytime.
edit on 12-1-2016 by yesyesyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The president simply worded things different that's all.It all boils down to the same things:God Bless America,The Sate of The Empire is strong,Our military is the greatest in the world but needs more money and power,ditto the intelligence community.ISIS and Al Qeda are coming to eat the kids and so is Russia.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: introvert
Obama is doing well and I'm glad that his last SOTU address has been a bit of a middle-finger to his haters.

Like his policies or not, he's doing well.

Good to hear. I've been following you on some subjects. You are one of the few who keep it real and honest.

It's almost impossible to get a real public perspective on Obama's presidency with so many negative reactionarys. That "fact thingy" is usually missing, ya know.

His effect will be evaluated over the years to come. I expect Obama's rating will surprise many.

Oh, and I don't have TV and my internet is too flakey lame for live feed.

I'll check back.

Overall, it was a pretty good speech.

You could tell it was his last SOTU because he highlighted his accomplishments in office and gave his rivals a big "FU". He didn't outline very much of what he planned to do the rest of his term, but there really isn't much he can do. Without a supportive congress, he will just float on cruise control until the next president is inaugurated.

I'm glad he focused on the hate and ignorant rhetoric that seems to be building in the US. So much hate these days and I'm surprised that some people can't see it or just dismiss it outright. That seems to be the most pressing issue I think we need to deal with, or we may see Americans turning on each other.

Anyway, you can tell the speech was pretty good by the responses from the Republicans and how Fox News fumbled their analysis of it. It was reminiscent of how they dropped the journalistic ball when Obama was elected to a 2nd term. Pitiful to say the least.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

progress comes slow because some of us dont want to move forward. we will bring them along with us into the future, kicking and screaming like children, for a better future.

LOL This is the equivalent as saying, we will take you prisoner, you will comply and we will do it by force, but don't worry you will like it, trust us we know better.

Naw no totalitarianism here.

edit on 13-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
My husband and I not only didn't watch that political pony show,
we watched reruns of "The Andy Griffith Show" instead.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113

you mean the wealthy exploiters like the ones that Obama is making rich off of Obamacare? because thats the only people it benefited

I sure as hell didnt get better coverage and it sure as HELL didnt save the populace money as the premiums skyrocketed and the coverage plummeted.......

Youve got to be kidding me right?

Thats your example?

Your post was full of so self conflicting i thought it was parody

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It conflicts with my schedule. Besides, even if I was home I would be binge watching my PVR'd shows since it will screw up every channel.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I'm glad he focused on the hate and ignorant rhetoric that seems to be building in the US. So much hate these days and I'm surprised that some people can't see it or just dismiss it outright. That seems to be the most pressing issue I think we need to deal with, or we may see Americans turning on each other.

Me too. I was a Republican for about 40 years. Up until it was taken over by the Neo-Cons, Tea Partiers, and Christian Fundamentalists.

What we have today (on the Right) is a bunch of Self Indulgent Spoiled Brats - - that act like 3 year old: "If I can't have it my way - - no one gets anything".

Jerry Brown (I live in CA) said when he first entered politics, you arranged a meeting, sat down with a cocktail, and hashed it out until you reached a compromise. He said today all you get is a door slammed in your face. The opposition has no interest in conversation.

I am a progressive futurist (also fiscal conservative, social liberal) - - which means I believe in "movement" - - not stagnation because you can't get your way.

What we have in DC today is pure insanity. The Republicans are just plain wrong in their actions.

And NO! I am not a Democrat.

edit on 13-1-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Progressive futurist, fiscal conservative, social liberal? LOL! Wow! How do you reconcile the desire for Big Bloated Government Programs with fiscal conservatism?

Many people have the mistaken idea that a conservative wants stagnation. That is simply not true. It is a lie the left uses to further their silly meme that liberals move forward while conservatives want to keep the status quo. It is the methods, management, and ideals that are at issue.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Annee
Many people have the mistaken idea that a conservative wants stagnation. That is simply not true.

You can interpret what I said anyway you want. It's still your interpretation.

But, we HAVE stagnation. That's a fact.

The Right could stop fighting against Civil Rights and Right of Choice. So much money wasted.

QUOTE: BARRY GOLDWATER

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

edit on 13-1-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
What time is it on?

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
FACES OF SOTU...soo did anyone find Waldo??? Made this meself

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
FACES OF SOTU...soo did anyone find Waldo??? Made this meself

Very creative! That garb that the lady at the bottom slightly to the left of Joe in your collage was wearing was too funny. That's what you call dressed to the nines! I wanted to see her shoes so badly! So many people looked like they were on the verge of falling asleep. Very few, including Dims...I mean, Dems...were smiling.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join