It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New X Files Who is watching?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
I am on the fence with tonights episode.

I am a little upset with the Scully "sex scene", only because my children were watching it with me.

Yeah, that was pretty tasteless, kids or no kids.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I loved episode 3 but yeah, kinda chocked when the scully sex scene came up... that's ... I mean... 9 seasons and NEVER, it's just not fitting. No! NOOOO!

I didn't like it.
Even if it was suppose to be a fantasy of the Lizard Man.

I hope nothing like that comes up again. The same with Mulder (no sex scenes with him either).
It is not that type of show!

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
well a big
for me on that episode. About as dumb as it gets. What a waste. The two "scenes" of the main actors did nothing for me either. There is much room for improvement Chris.
edit on 02am29am5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I had some disappointments with the first two episodes and this third was just terrible. The dialogs were terrible.. the story was terrible... the acting was terrible.

Although I know there are some "funny" x-files episodes among the many this "funny" one was a bad "funny" one. If it was intended to be a funny one... I hope they intended it to be a "funny" one... because if not, all hope is lost.

I would like to see a more serious x-files... I would them to step it up one notch compared with what we are used to.

edit on 2/2/2016 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If they had let it be known there was a Scully sex scene before it was broadcast, the viewing numbers probably would have shot through the roof

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
That episode was awful - just embarrassing.
I'm sure in their mind they were going for some hilarious Jose Chung's kinda thing but it just didn't work.
It was like a really poor parody of the X-Files but not in a loving way.
Not impressed at all with this new season and E3 was just awful.
It didn't even remotely feel like an X-Files episode but like a bunch of kids on YouTube wrote it as a joke.
edit on 2-2-2016 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
What in the actual hell am I watching with this crap episode?

Is Chris Carter playing a massive joke on Xfiles fans?
Disgusted.
edit on 2-2-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think the episode was supposed to be fun/funny while poking some fun at cryptozoology.

However, at the end of it, I couldn't help but think "wtf? Carter can do better than this...."

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to watching the last episode as it's called "My Struggle 2" ... maybe there will be some conclusions from the first episode, "My Struggle" ?

We will see as the synopsis is not available just yet.

E3 felt really like a childish thing to me.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I wasn't impressed with the first two episodes, but I couldn't even finish watching the third.
It's garbage.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman
I like it so far. The third episode was almost like the classic show.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
i have watched the first 3 episodes back to back - the first episode was epic.

i talks about all the real conspiracies out there to date including UFO abductions cases, 9/11 and much more.

its easier now as UFO disclosure documents are there for the public.

but i do wonder if they put all these different conspiracies in the first episode so that if anyone talks about it then people will turn and say. "oh that was in x-files, its just a TV show"

or whether they are tying to expose anything.

either way, happy its started, the 3rd episode was a little stupid with a tongue in cheeky werewolf experience

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Episode 3 was BYO story, Scully yelled "I'm bringing you home" in episode 2.
Here on ATS some people didn't like what they did to the CSM others thought he was already dead.
The opening scene with the Paint Huffers might not be a recreational drug reference.

For example

Huff

Final episode is named "My Struggle II"

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Must say I've been quite disappointed with this new incarnation of X-files.

...it just seems to almost serve everything up on a nice platter for you...very little mystery and possible alternative explanations...it's almost "Oh. Here it is."

What I really enjoyed about previous X-files was the unsaid bits, the inferred bits, the bit you added yourself.

These new episodes so far - only my opinion of course - juuuuuust haven't done that for me...haven't really made me invest or involve myself beyond just being a passive receiver of *entertainment*...

May well say a lot more about me than the show...but I do love a good sci-fi mystery full of twists and turns...and this, well, not seeing it...

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
...oh and I'm sorry...as a New Zealander I feel almost compeled to apologise for Rhys Darby in the 'Were-Monster' episode...

Rhys is fantastic, absolute comedic gold, but I found that episode of X-files to have been that...a Rhys Darby stand-up comedy routine rather than any sci-fi mystery...

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: alien

Hey, don't apologize for the actor. He was just following the crap script they gave him.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Oh to be fair I'm not apologising...hence the '...almost compelled...'

Rhys is an absolutely brilliant comedic actor.
IMHO one of THE best in the business.
The dude never fails to have me in stitches...and been to a few of his stand-up routines.
He's gold. Absolute gold.

I recall reading a few articles around how hard he found it to remain within a script for this episode - when his familiar (and sheer fantastic) skill is purely rapid improv...

From what he was saying in the article - the whole point of the episode was to add a humorous twist - which he certainly did.
So...while I found the episode to be EXACTLY then what was intended - hey WIN for the creators...kinda wanted just good classic X-files more than anything...

edit on 7-2-2016 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I thought it was awful, but more power to ya' if ya' liked it.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Oh no - I like Rhys - I did NOT like that episode...even though it was as the creators intended...wasn't at all my idea of what an X-files should be

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

The Episode was written to fit in with "War of the Coprophages" and "Quagmire".
Scully lost her little dog Queequeg in Quagmire and was seen taking home a caged Dagoo in this episode.
Maybe she likes the way he bites?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join