It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New X Files Who is watching?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I loved the first two episodes, but the third one was just ridiculous and a huge let down!

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Tonight's episode had that old school feel. Really enjoyed it, although I wasn't crazy about the tangent storyline about Scully's mother.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

The street artist explanation of how he summoned the Tulpa felt a little wooden.
We already saw Margaret with grass at her feet and a stone at her head in episode 3.
I got the impression band aid person makes these people wear a hairnet tattoo for work in the kitchen.
Were those maggots or fresh noodles in the egg drop soup?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Maybe I'm not remembering it quite right, but the old episodes seemed like they actually EXPLAINED the strange cases whereas these last two episodes just deal with the creature without really much exposition or science at all.

Anyone else think these two Scully and Mulder young clones (seen in the preview) may be a set up for the next "season", sans David and Gillian (or at least with them more as cameos) with new stars?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Episodes focused on the process, rather than re EXPLAINING patented prior art.
The writers don't want to risk being accused of plagiarizing.
Those "fresh" noodles in the egg drop did look kind of familiar though..

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose
I'm looking forward to watching the last episode as it's called "My Struggle 2" ... maybe there will be some conclusions from the first episode, "My Struggle" ?

We will see as the synopsis is not available just yet.

E3 felt really like a childish thing to me.

My Struggle.... uhmm... I hope they will not have the same struggle as that german guy... whats his name again.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I thought the same thing about a "setup" for another season with new cast. In the 20 min Behind the Scenes posted on Fox website, they make some cryptic comments which might lead someone to believe their could be another season. However, someone earlier posted an interview after the first episode where that was allegedly ixnayed.... So who knows....

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yeah I think episode 4 is the best so far - had the old school vibe, had more feeling, was creepy in places and the chemistry was much better.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

At the end of "War of the Coprophages" the cockroach left the plate of its own free will after Mulder ate some cake.
Scully used that Die bug die flea powder to keep the cockroaches off her little dog Quequeg in that episode.
First Episode titled "My Struggle" dealt with some of the popularized more contemporary NWO issues.
Might be a disappointing conclusion, here on ATS do we need to be taught how shadow governments operate?

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This revival has been just like a great gift I never expected to get. Loving it so far. Even the crazy, nonsensical, surreal, absurdist episode from last week lol. Only X-Files could have a lizard man as a metaphor for the futility and cynicism of modern life, then have that same lizard man be the thing that reverses Mulder's disillusionment. Though, those sorts of episodes need to be taken with a grain of salt. They're not meant to be serious narratively - only symbolically.

I love how this season plays like a grab bag of all the different tones and styles the series was known for back in the day. X-Files was never about just one thing or one feeling. It was always all over the map, and this season reflects that beautifully imo. It's clear Gillian and David still have wonderful chemistry, and seeing them on screen again in this capacity is something I never expected to see.

Though, it's also a little uncomfortable at times. It's SO spot on 90s X-Files in feel sometimes, that it's almost a little emotionally disquieting because of the contrast between who I was back then and who I am today psychologically and personally. It's nostalgic, yes, but the nostalgia is so strong that it takes me back to a time when this show meant something and made me feel something that it wouldn't necessarily today if I were watching it for the first time. And it sort of... confuses my brain? Lol. And not in an entirely pleasant way.

But overall, I love it.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I love how this season plays like a grab bag of all the different tones and styles the series was known for back in the day

That's a pretty insightful call, that I didn't make previously. Thanks.

Will really suck if this is truly short-lived though, just as it is getting its groove back.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

If it's any consolation, they've all (the principles and the creators and writers) said they want to do more. And it's had hugely successful ratings. Probably more than enough to justify funding for more episodes. The real stumbling block, or so they've said, is time. They don't want to go back to spending huge chunks of their lives doing little but working on 22 episodes a year of television at this point in their careers or lives. Gillian Anderson in particular has stated that the reason it worked out this time was because it was only six episodes, and she was promised adequate time with her children.

I think if all parties can remain flexible, we will see more X-Files on TV in the future. There's definitely money in it, the audience is clearly there, and everyone seems to love doing it. It'll just probably be this weird, sort of novel thing where they do a mini-season every other year or so time and willingness permitting. Which is kind of neat and maybe even unprecedented.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

Oh I do hope they continue making episodes! I'm a big X-Files fan!

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ditto! I think I missed this show a lot more than I realized given my exuberance lol.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
For fellow X-Philes, I'm sure you've seen this already, but if not - or even if you have lol - go to 12:58 in this video and watch as hilarity progressively ensues to an every more extensive degree as they attempt to remember parts of their past filming on the show lol.

t.co...

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

No more seasons that this according to what Chris Carter said in recent Rollingstone interview. But I wondered if the door was left open for more installments for this season. WE will just have to wait and see.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

Yup. Must say I really enjoyed the 'Trashman' episode (we're a few days/week behind)...

Faith in the 'files' has been partially restored...will watch again next week...

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
That was better..... Thank god

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I finally got around to watching the return of X-files.

And i am extremely disappointed.

I Can't beleive how thick it is with the extreme LEFT wing political agenda.

Not even going to bother watching it.

Such a shame too because the first part of the premise about the 'alien conspiracy' was in itself a coverup for government doing snip.

Actually was credible, but not to the length Mulder went on about.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: alien

yes! I too enjoyed it immensely, MUCH more than #3. This installment is very much reminiscent of the older installments. I like it. Keep episodes like this coming please.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join