It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New X Files Who is watching?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
Omg....it CAN'T end that way.

I have this overwhelming urge to beat the living daylights out of Chris Carter right now.... Talk about a SUCKY ending...right up there with the Sopranos in disappointment to its viewers.

At least I knew Tony was dead, this was more of a cliffhanger than an ending.

And it really felt rushed. I could have done without one of the other episodes to have another dealing with this storyline.

edit on 22-2-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Omg....it CAN'T end that way.

I have this overwhelming urge to beat the living daylights out of Chris Carter right now.... Talk about a SUCKY ending...right up there with the Sopranos in disappointment to its viewers.

At least I knew Tony was dead, this was more of a cliffhanger than an ending.

And it really felt rushed. I could have done without one of the other episodes to have another dealing with this storyline.

Don't you love how she came up with the 'cure' in less than 5 minutes? Amazing Scully....

Not to mention that you would think the cure would have to spliced into their DNA to work. Just injecting it in the body, that the body would see it as a foreign agent and try to kill it (even in its compromised state)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

The whole thing was 'meh'. It really was the worst of these new episodes.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

The whole thing was 'meh'. It really was the worst of these new episodes.

I wouldn't give it that harsh of a judgment.... The lizard dude episode was pretty bad.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I meant this last episode. It was very good up until this evening.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I meant this last episode. It was very good up until this evening.

I knew what you meant. I'd have said the entire 'season' was like a roller coaster. Brief moments of positive direction, followed by a horrible, jaw-dropping descent into stupidity. But overall, it was okay enough to keep my interest.

But to just 'end it' the way it did...come on. Really? Chris Carter needs taken to the woodshed. Especially with the "rumors" that there will be no further episodes.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Chris Carter needs taken to the woodshed. Especially with the "rumors" that there will be no further episodes.

Well that would be a giant douche-y eff you to all the fans if they left it like that.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Chris Carter needs taken to the woodshed. Especially with the "rumors" that there will be no further episodes.

Well that would be a giant douche-y eff you to all the fans if they left it like that.

Which would make you wonder "why bring it back at all?"

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Oh...and btw....I snorted at the chemtrail and microwave references... The only thing they left out was HAARP. (Well sorta...Cancer man *did* mention something akin to global warming NOT being his fault...)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Yeah. No Masons though. Phooey.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I am surprised the finale ep didn't even last two hours long.
At least The Expanse had a finale ep that last more while then just two hours.
edit on 22-2-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Oh...just wait. I bet Cancer Man is the Grandmaster Who-ha Mason who is over the entire Cabal...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I am surprised the finale ep didn't even last two hours long.

yeah, I was suspicious about that right from the beginning.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I was wondering if his an Alien? seriously no one could have tried to kill the Grandmosnter?

-Millions would die in America, agents would be saved though.
-Not to many mentions of other countries.
-That other episode of the xfiles babylon was rather a questionable decision for the creative team.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Which would make you wonder "why bring it back at all?"

Supposedly it was brought back simply to raise interest in the show for negotiations with netflix.

Creating a new buzz means they got more leverage in negations to get more money out of netflix.

The 'X-Files' Revival Isn't About Fans Or Closure, It's About Netflix

edit on 11229America/ChicagoMon, 22 Feb 2016 21:11:55 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Just watched S10E06 and now they are picking up pace... The first episodes I considered lame and below par but this last episode is more like it.

If the writers can continue in this direction I am sure there will be a season 11

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

That dude is still alive in the new series? I'm in season 7 of 9 on original series & he's been annoying me since S2.

Jeebus that dude needs to die already.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

That's just a step too close to reality for them...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Started watching it this weekend and loved the intro with the synopsis of UFOs and saucer crashes. The writers have gone to town on modern conspiracy and I'd be stunned if they hadn't breezed through ATS for a couple of the characters/ideas.

That scene with the psychic teens making the guys eyes bleed was an 'urggggghhh' moment I could live without. Damn! Without dropping a spoiler, I'm quite lost to make sense of the alien gene plot-line and how it ties in with the big conspiracy. It makes no sense right now.

Three episodes in and want to see how that Roswell thing pans out for the storyline. Same old X-Files in the way they drop a big hook and then counter it again before the episode has even finished. Frustrating when you're FINALLY thinking an explanation is coming. Dark Skies all over.

Episode 3 with the were-lizard was whimsical aceness and not likely to please many. I loved it and there's nothing wrong with humour in the show. I found myself recalling a distant episode with the clairvoyant man (Frank Barone) being eaten by the neighbour's dog. That had the humour and was miles away in quality.

Looking forward to seeing the rest and definitely recommend people don't give up after ep1.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

Just watched S10E06 and now they are picking up pace... The first episodes I considered lame and below par but this last episode is more like it.

If the writers can continue in this direction I am sure there will be a season 11

You do realize this was the final episode.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join