It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New X Files Who is watching?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

New X Files Who is watching?

There are moments when it seems like the old version but others that are just too doggone loaded with politics and its well-heeled pet, political correctness.

How times do change how entertainment is offered.

Oh well... got all the original episodes and both movies.
They are still one of my fav pastimes when needed

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
This weeks episode being shown on Monday Feb 15 is named "Babylon"
Projecting forward from the prior episodes I'm speculating there will be allegorical reference to the "Ishtar gate".
If nothing else reading a short abstract concerning esoteric function, history, and current news about the gate was a fun history lesson.
Of course now my sub conscious will filter the Ep so that I see it in a somewhat limited historical context.
Chris Carter wrote this one so it should be nnwton.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well Babylon was kind of spooky with the lost in the astral symbolism.
Spoiler:

Mulders unconditional love epiphany right out of I, Pet Goat II?

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Assuming that was the intro to new Xfiles team....

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Mulder tripping out in an urban cowboy get-up while line dancing to Billy Ray Cyrus...

Priceless.

Props for the Lone Gunmen making a cameo!

I'm an extremely happy camper.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The Einstein-Mulder and Miller-Scully pairing was.... Odd.

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

I think it was a passing the torch mini season.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The 3rd episode with the lizard is hilarious.

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Assuming that was the intro to new Xfiles team....

That thought entered my mind, and then it looks like they or at least the new gal is also on the final episode, so we will have to wait and see how this plays out. Good episode in my mind. Very topical of whats going on in the world today for sure......

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I liked this episode a lot more than most critics and even many fans seemed to.

I felt it was full of foreshadowed darkness and tension, and that the humor was almost a sarcastic distraction from that. As if to say, "Oh you want your paranormal nonsense? Okay here you go! But meanwhile, something truly dark and every bit as mysterious as the cliches you're craving, yet far more dire, is rising. But go ahead, laugh it up. The mysterious parts of reality are just entertainment, after all... right?"

As Einstein asked during Mulder's vision, "Is that what you wanted? Your woo woo paranormal?" Followed by the cigarette smoking man whipping him as the hooded figures of death rowed and, "Misery is the river of the world," played, I realized there was more going on in this episode than just satire.

Peace.
edit on 2/16/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I think it was a passing the torch mini season.

I felt the same.

Maybe it was just me, but I didn't think this was WEIRD enough to be an X-File. I mean, the only thing weird was really just the APPROACH to getting an answer from the kid (with Mulder beating Scully to the payoff).

If this is a truly new team to helm the series, I wonder if Mulder and Scully will be consultants time to time? Maybe Mulder will even hook them up with the Lone Gunmen, or even CSM (Cigarette Smoking Man)?

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Tomorrow night. Its the last show of the season, as could very well be the last of the series.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Duchovny is going to be on Ellen this afternoon so I will be watching to see if anything comes up about the future if any, of X-Files. I don't think I have ever heard of him being on many talk shows, so this is a surprise.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nito92
I will be watching of course but I only wish we had a show (different to The X Files) but more serious more like Contact?

I couldn't agree with you more.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the show and light hearted comedic moments , but I do prefer a comedy to be a comedy and a sci fi show to be a scifi show . A series based on Contact would be awesome , maybe with tyson degrasse at the helm of writing!

However, my worst pet peeve for shows are shows that are passed off as sci-fi when in reality they are 90% drama and 10% scifi.

Like walking dead and Lost. Just about all these end of day sci fi shows end up the same and their main focus becomes the struggle between men and men. They even all have the same characters, the tormented hero, the over the top idiots that cause all the problems, and the followers.

That is why I loved the xfiles the majority of the show dealt with sci-fi and less drama.

I'm guessing that it likely cost more and requires more talent to focus on the sci-fy then using the same drama plot then just insert your [sci-fi scenerio ( zombie,aliens, vampires,ghost, multiverse) to it.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Ellen just asked him about if this is the end, she said the show had had great reviews. Duchovny mentioned that Gillian is very busy but " we'll see what happens."

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
Ellen just asked him about if this is the end, she said the show had had great reviews. Duchovny mentioned that Gillian is very busy but " we'll see what happens."

I can see why she is busy, doesn't she look fabulous (very important in the biz)?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Okay, so that was obviously not the end.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What just happened?
So the elites take both agents and leave earth with this modified alien ship?
edit on 22-2-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Omg....it CAN'T end that way.

I have this overwhelming urge to beat the living daylights out of Chris Carter right now.... Talk about a SUCKY ending...right up there with the Sopranos in disappointment to its viewers.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join