It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New X Files Who is watching?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Ive been looking forward to this since they mentioned they were doing it. I'm sure I am not the only fan a little excited about it. Cant wait to see what they do with the show now that they have so many more bells and whistles to work with.
Figured Id start a thread so we could share our thoughts and feeling about the first episode.

I am so so sorry my friends, I apologize for the misfire. Can you tell I'm excited? My bad and sitting humbly at the back of the class.

Make that 1/24/16
edit on 1/10/16 by onehuman because: corrected bad info

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

I've been looking forward to it too! Actually, still need to finish up season nine. We started back on season seven just as a refresher.

But I thought we had a couple more weeks?

link   
Uh, no, it's two weeks from now bro.

link   

I will, I am a big fan of The X-files.

link   
24th is the premier episode, don't give me a heart attack. I wasn't prepared emotionally for a start in 15 minutes.

Im watching the golden globes instead
edit on 10-1-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
JesusXchrist onehuman. We give you one thing to do. JUST ONE. Let us know when X files starts up. And whaddaya do. Jump the gun and freek us all out cuz we thought we could trust you. Dude, back to the back of the class and try again in a couple of weeks.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
You got my hopes up for today at least.

I've been wondering when the new season will start up this year. Good for the reminder though.
edit on 10-1-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm pumped for this I loved the original as an adolescent. I just hope that they don't go so heavy on the alien stuff this time and explore other weird happenings. I remember towards the end they really only focused on E.T. and the government conspiracy stuff. Toomes the stretchy guy that ate livers was creepy cool, the doodie sewage monster was scary, they did one with werewolves, satanist and other creepy stuff. Just saying the show was cooler when it had more diversity in mysteries.

Oh and the truth IS out there...
edit on 10-1-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Oh Oh OH!!! Chomping at the bit!

On a side note...was anyone else totally ticked that "Almost Human" was cancelled? I sure was...and still am. Sure wish it would be picked up by another broadcast company. Great effects, story line and humor all thrown in one enjoyable hour (well, ALMOST hour)!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
What did the old x files feature? I know it had some aliens and I read about one episode that pretty much predicted 911 where in the episode they talked about a terror attack that involved planes hitting buildings, but was the show about conspiracies? Or..

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It was about conspiracies and all things weird. It started out more diverse with the subject matter they investigated but towards the end it really became more about aliens, government cover ups and trying to figure out what happened to Mulder's sister.

a reply to: DimensionalShift

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
I'm pumped for this I loved the original as an adolescent. I just hope that they don't go so heavy on the alien stuff this time and explore other weird happenings. I remember towards the end they really only focused on E.T. and the government conspiracy stuff. Toomes the stretchy guy that ate livers was creepy cool, the doodie sewage monster was scary, they did one with werewolves, satanist and other creepy stuff. Just saying the show was cooler when it had more diversity in mysteries.

Oh and the truth IS out there...

Gotta give a shout out to the inbreeding with mama episode. Man that was creepy!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I forgot about that one but yeah good add and I'm pretty sure that episode was the inspiration for the "wrong turn" movies.

a reply to: caterpillage

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I love the X Files and will be watching!
Someone remind me the day before! Please!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Second that.... I was blown away with that inbreeding episode. It was cool watching them drive away at the end.
edit on 1 10 2016 by bucsarg because: Wanted to add more info.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Me too!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Rumor is there will be a follow up to that one in the miniseries. Here's to hoping! It's definitely one of the most memorable.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

Gotta give a shout out to the inbreeding with mama episode. Man that was creepy!

Cat, that is one of the greatest fan favorites-- S4Ep2 - 'Home'. And does anyone remember the cold open to that episode, where the boys are playing baseball in a field, and they find a buried baby?? Pretty controversial, especially back in '96. And Creepy as hell!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Phoenix, you mentioned episodes about Satanists... my favorite episode about devil worshippers in a small town is S2Ep14, 'Die Hand Die Verletzt'. Really great stuff!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DimensionalShift
What did the old x files feature? I know it had some aliens and I read about one episode that pretty much predicted 911 where in the episode they talked about a terror attack that involved planes hitting buildings, but was the show about conspiracies? Or..

You're VERY close, Shift. The episode you describe (with planes hitting buildings) wasn't the X-Files, but the truth is even more crazy... It was the very first episode of an attempted spinoff series called 'The Lone Gunmen', based on three much-loved recurring characters from The X-Files. The Gunmen characters were hackers, conspiracy enthusiasts, and whistleblowers. And get this- in the pilot episode, they found out about an impending plot by the government to hack into the navigational system of an airliner, and crash it into the WTC, Not joking! It's totally insane, I haven't even thought about that for a couple years. I'll bet there's a dusty thread about it somewhere here on ATS. So unbelievable and wacky that it seems fake. But it totally did happen, I'm pretty sure you can still watch it on YouTube.

A show about a group of hackers finding out about a government plot to fly a plane into the World Trade Center. The episode aired IN MARCH, 2001.

Must've been coincidence I guess... but a pretty darn big one if it was!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join