It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New X Files Who is watching?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: M4nWithNoN4me

Mentioning favorite episodes some of mine are Jose Chung's From Outer Space, Darkness Falls, Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, The Field Where I Died, How the Ghosts Stole Christmas.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
the x files is misinformation. Fox spooky mulder believed his sister Samantha was kidnapped by aliens, but aliens don't kidnap. Dana scully didn't believe her partner fox until she got impregnated by aliens. Both are meant to make aliens be so unbelievable noone can take them seriously. Like doing an expose on the hot dog industry by claiming they use kangaroo parts that are not kosher.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
I'm pumped for this I loved the original as an adolescent. I just hope that they don't go so heavy on the alien stuff this time and explore other weird happenings. I remember towards the end they really only focused on E.T. and the government conspiracy stuff. Toomes the stretchy guy that ate livers was creepy cool, the doodie sewage monster was scary, they did one with werewolves, satanist and other creepy stuff. Just saying the show was cooler when it had more diversity in mysteries.

Oh and the truth IS out there...

Gotta give a shout out to the inbreeding with mama episode. Man that was creepy!

edit-yes ill be watching it. I think Duchovny and Anderson worked well together, so ide like to watch.

That was one of the most disturbing episodes of any show I've ever watched. I remember back on Thanksgiving Day of 97 or 98, I forget which year, but they had a countdown of the top 10 episodes. As its getting closer and closer to #!, im thinking please don't let number one be Home. Guess what, it was number one. I couldn't watch it. The mom rolls around on the floor on that scooter thing and out from under the bed, scares the hell outta me lol.

Someone mentioned Tooms, that was a good character, I also liked Donnie Pfaster, Irresistable was the first episode he was in.

I think Pfaster was more creepy because something like that can actually happen in real life. Whereas Tooms is more of a supernatural threat. Both characters were very well acted out though, imo and really made the characters come alive.

I really like the Musings of a CSM episode. Love this part:

A lot of other good characters, I love the funny episodes and quotes/scenes. War of the Coprophages, Bad Blood, Jose Chungs from Outer Space, etc.

If anyone wants a link:
Pfaster Xfile wiki
Tooms xfile wiki
Home xfile wiki page

edit on 11-1-2016 by C84K2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2016 by C84K2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

I'll be watching it. Didn't miss an episode of the series, which was tough, living as I did at the mercy of Alaskan bush TV for nearly its entire run.

Saw every movie.

So, yep, I'll be watching.

I'm a huge Gillian Anderson fan. Not just X-files, either.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Creepy? That's one way to describe it. It's one of my favorite episodes...but, damn, it was, well, creepy.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
There is a introduction to the new X-Files season already for viewing.
kat.cr...://

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

MEMEMEMEME!!!

Seriously, I can't wait. I LOVE that show, and will watch as many as they make. Less than two weeks to wait. Can we make it that long???

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Was a fan of the old, well, for a while anyway. Later seasons meandered about too much for me. Will give the new series a go.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
DP.

Haven't had a DP in years. Must mean something,

Off to buy a Lottery ticket...

edit on 11-1-2016 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
i miss this show , will it have the smoking man ??

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
youtube "xfiles reopened"

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DimensionalShift
What did the old x files feature? I know it had some aliens and I read about one episode that pretty much predicted 911 where in the episode they talked about a terror attack that involved planes hitting buildings, but was the show about conspiracies? Or..

Oh, you need to watch the one about the serial killer who ate livers ...

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Best episode ever, Burt Reynolds plays God and has a sense of humor as a "numerologist" killer punches people in the face to death with his Satan ring on. S09E13, Improbable. The music, the movement, everything about that episode is on-point.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I just finished watching the last episode of Season 8.
After Mulder left the series the episode content got pretty lame.

I'll probably miss the episodes when they are shown on TV because of work, but I'll watch them one way or another.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: caterpillage

Creepy? That's one way to describe it. It's one of my favorite episodes...but, damn, it was, well, creepy.

Its been a long time since I saw this one, the original air date actually, I cant watch it. So maybe in my head, my original fear has gotten out of control, or become more than what it was over time. Like its become more and more twisted over time. IDK if I should give it one more try since so many people like this one.

But to this very day I cannot sleep on a bed that's raised up off the ground because of this episode. It has to be on the floor lol. I think if I have a raised one, when I walk up to it or put my feet down the mamas gonna grab my ankle and pull herself out from under the bed on her little sliding scooter thing. Or when im laying there, I think, omg she's right under me, with a can of grease, greasing up the wheels of her scooter, so shell be ready to grab me and not be slowed down.

I actually remember driving at night thinking the same thing, she was hiding under the seat, and there's open spaces under a drivers car seat for her to hide in with her rolling scooter.

Scares the hell outta me lol. But maybe its not as bad as im remembering? idk.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
I'm pumped for this I loved the original as an adolescent. I just hope that they don't go so heavy on the alien stuff this time and explore other weird happenings.

Stop reading my mind

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Super stoked!

Already set the DVR to record the series. X-Files was my favorite show back in the days.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Omg. I can't even...I'm so excited.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I couldn't watch that lol, I can't watch anything scary anymore

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
9 Days! Bring on the weird!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>