It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Correctness is Going to Destroy US

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

originally posted by: reldra

a reply to: reldra

Thats exactly what he is pointing out. Many people who find themselves arguing for PC "describe" things in sentimental terms because they believe they are doing things for "good" but they don't ACTUALLY live up to their own portrayal. Because anything to force their version of "good" is "good." Until they get to the end and find they're running out of batteries.

Absolutely not. Debate is about logic.

Are you debate? Nope. My comment still stands. We are not talking about what debate is, silly.

It appears that you are not equipped to talk about what debate is.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist

It's easy classify things correctly if you tell yourself you are always right.

LOL!! Or if your one of the PC police

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

It's easy classify things correctly if you tell yourself you are always right.

LOL!! Or if your one of the PC police

Can you name people that are part of this organization known as the PC Police?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Noobarino

You're about 30 years late to the game, but congratulations on finally getting here.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Thats exactly what he is pointing out. Many people who find themselves arguing for PC "describe" things in sentimental terms because they believe they are doing things for "good" but they don't ACTUALLY live up to their own portrayal. Because anything to force their version of "good" is "good." Until they get to the end and find they're running out of batteries.

Are you debate? Nope. My comment still stands. We are not talking about what debate is, silly.

Youre funny. But you're also changing the subject. Cute, but a gutter tactic. You knew what I meant. Silly.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Youre funny. But you're also changing the subject. Cute, but a gutter tactic. You knew what I meant. Silly.

Actually, I didn't know.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Political correctness is not going to destroy America.

That’s a gross exaggeration....You have all over the media the talk about this issue. Nobody's trying to hide it.

Political correctness as an evil is overrated

Greed, selfishness will destroy America not political correctness

Of course its also political correctness not to call those guys in Oregon terrorists

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

That’s a gross exaggeration....You have all over the media the talk about this issue. Nobody's trying to hide it.

Of course its also political correctness not to call those guys in Oregon terrorists

Odd, I thought it was the FOX news ppl not calling then terrorists. The OP ED on CNN called them terrorists.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

No I'm willing to die over it, I really hope the anti people are not either. What is the benefit of going to war with each other over something like this??
But per usual more hyperboles and exaggeration.

Rome has nothing to do with this, much more went into the fall of it, maybe you should heed your own advice.

Yall have fun with this thread, don't worry if this one dies out there will be another rant next week or maybe even tomorrow..
edit on thSat, 09 Jan 2016 18:16:05 -0600America/Chicago120160580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Actually, I didn't know.

Use your little thinker, you person you.
Clever though you are. You use "debate tactics" to get what you believe is better for the whole based upon your version of pc. You then switch the subject to what "debate" is, not how you use it. Yes, "debate" is logic. But that is not the argument. You just used an EZ out!
edit on 9-1-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Odd, I thought it was the FOX news ppl not calling then terrorists. The OP ED on CNN called them terrorists.

Political correctness is bad but it’s not a fatal disease.

Greed, selfishness, criminal intent, oppression of people, denying people freedom are terminal diseases that will, and have led to destruction of nations and people.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

One mans logic is another mans irrationality .....

So which one gets to be correct? or is that question politically

incorrect?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Actually, I didn't know.

Clever though you are. You use "debate tactics" to get what you believe is better for the whole based upon your version of pc. You then switch the subject to what "debate" is, not how you use it. Yes, "debate" is logic. But that is not the argument. You just used an EZ out!

No, and I didn't use an 'EZ out'. You said that "PC people use sentimental terms". I then talked about debate. I think 'non-PC' people use sentimental terms as well, often, especially when religion is used as fact.

You call me 'little thinker' . You say it is 'silly'. You use roll icon. That is insulting. I didn't do that to you.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
PC thinking is a psychological defense mechanism for those who cannot bring themselves to see ugly truths in society.

Others use it to justify fascism in pursuit of the 'greater good.'

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Actually, I didn't know.

No, and I didn't use an 'EZ out'. You said that "PC people use sentimental terms". I then talked about debate. I think 'non-PC' people use sentimental terms as well, often, especially when religion is used as fact.

You call me 'little thinker' . You say it is 'silly'. You use roll icon. That is insulting. I didn't do that to you.

I probably should of, but I didn't.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

PC thinking is a psychological defense mechanism for those who cannot bring themselves to see ugly truths in society.

Others use it to justify fascism in pursuit of the 'greater good.'

NO. I can see ugly in society, but it appears we would disagree as to what that is.

I don't NEED a DEFENSE MECHANISM. You NEED something to cover your HATE though and VEIL it as REALISM.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Actually, I didn't know.

See, I did not CALL you a little thinker. I said use yours. But yes I was insulting. You got me.

I did not say "pc people use sentimental terms!!!" Thats a bit of an oversimplification. Ill let it slide.

Again. Yes. You talked about debate.

I am sorry and I will try not to do it again. Alright?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Actually, I didn't know.

See, I did not CALL you a little thinker. I said use yours. But yes I was insulting. You got me.

I did not say "pc people use sentimental terms!!!" Thats a bit of an oversimplification. Ill let it slide.

You said 'silly' as if I were to be dismissed. So many things wrong in that.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Actually, I didn't know.

You said 'silly' as if I were to be dismissed. So many things wrong in that.

I'm sorry.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
So, many people have made up the term PC and then used it as a weapon against people who call out their hate. I never made it up, I don't think any person who doesn't like bigotry ever made it up. It is a term made up by the Right Wing.

I am going to turn it now. I am going to take ownership of it. The Right Wing wanted to take human ideals and make up a term and make it bad?

I will take ownership of it now and say it is GOOD. I am PC.

I doubt I am the first, but I am taking this BACK from azzes.
edit on 9-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join