It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Correctness is Going to Destroy US

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Siddharta
a reply to: reldra Yes i see, they have problems. But it is funny that you use them for your advantage.

What have I used to my advantage?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Well, that was mostly hyperbole. I've only ever met one or two people whom I'd actually describe as "uber left." I do believe PC can be an issue when taken too far, but a lot of the time when people complain about it, rather than specifically speaking to the instances where it is taken that extra step I just get the impression they want to say rude/demeaning things and have it be accepted by society. That just isn't going to happen.
edit on 9/1/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Your name is a bit..uhh...ethnic...should we trust you?

Frankly my dear ... I don't give a dam

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

Well, that was mostly hyperbole. I've only ever met one or two people whom I'd actually describe as "uber left." I do believe PC can be an issue when taken too far, but a lot of the time when people complain about it, rather than specifically speaking to the instances where it is taken that extra step I just get the impression they want to say rude/demeaning things and have it be accepted by society. That just isn't going to happen.

True. I almost said correct but...lol
edit on 9-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: reldra

Your name is a bit..uhh...ethnic...should we trust you?

Frankly my dear ... I don't give a dam

LOL. The /sarc back to you, maybe you did give a damn, you replied.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Nada, my dear. You just shot down yourself.
edit on 9-1-2016 by Siddharta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
So many here talk about being awake. Yet so many lack clarity. We are all in this together..... Maybe one day ALL of us will understand the word ALL.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I would really like to understand

How does political correctness change your core values? Does it change your behavior?

Why do you resent it?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

PC thinking is a psychological defense mechanism for those who cannot bring themselves to see ugly truths in society.

Funny

:-)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Your blaming a change in society on aliens changing human DNA. Right. Got any actual proof?
Tests? Studies? Papers written by researchers?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Noobarino

NO.

Donald Trump Is Going to Destroy US.

Anyways, say - CHEEEEESE!!!!

edit on 9-1-2016 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
An example of that is 20 years if a man dressed up in womens cloths and had something surgically removed, it was seen that they needed professional help. Today when they do that they are applauded as a hero and get their own TV show.
That is 2016 PC.

PC has gone from just being decent to one another, to defending/advocating all types of insanity, those rapes being hidden are another example.

I think you are on to something here. Personally I think that the Hyper PC movement will eat itself.
What I mean by this is eventually they will have to recognize the absurdity of it's claims and how they become self refuting.

For example: Many hold the view that...
"Gender and gender roles are a social construct, and not something people are inherently born with."

While at the same time hold the view;
"Transgender people are not mentally ill but are rather born into the wrong gender."
edit on 9-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: Clarity

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
So it seems like the OP was partly inspired by this article:

judgybitch.com...

In which the author asserts that:

"It’s because feminists are cowards. They are pampered, rich white women who have never worked a day in their life at anything truly challenging or difficult, have overcome no hardships more severe than a spilled latte, have triumphed over no adversity greater than running out of Play-doh in their safe space."

We're saying PC has run amok because someone who clearly hates feminists generally is dissatisfied with the degree to which individual feminists speak out against fundamentalist Muslims? Seems like a shaky starting point to me.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Political Correctness is a tool designed to help divide people with red herrings.

All while a select few bilk you right down the drain.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You're talking about pretty much your entire country there, Xuenchen. The media, the system, the partisanship.

Also, the select few have been bilking you right down the drain since long before extreme PC took hold.

Tell me, was MLK Jr. "PC"?
edit on 9/1/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

How does political correctness change your core values? Does it change your behavior?

Why do you resent it?

Because it gets used as a weapon. It shuts down faces of discussion because people don't want to hear them, not because they're wrong.

Look at what happened in Germany. The officials made the calculation that it was not PC to discuss that the New Year's incident was perpetrated by the recent refugees, so they covered it up. And when it came out, they made statements alluding to how the women involved should have behaved differently.

Why? It's not politically correct in Germany to point out that the Muslim men they imported view women as sex objects if they are not comporting themselves as good Muslim women, so they took advantage and treated the German women like whores and worse.

And out media over here is mostly following suit. We know about it here, but you see very little commentary on this outside of alternative news sites.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Noobarino

I just had an interesting idea..as a form of protest and opposition, the ladies in german and scandinavian countries should have a ¨Dress Up in My Burka¨ celebration Day.. If everyone did it, it would certainly provoke a disturbing but illuminating awareness of who and what they are currentlly being confronted and challenged by in regards to these refugee/immigrant delinquent cultures;

What a strange feeling if everyone wore a bizarre colored burka à la afghanistan for a single day-- People would suddenly awaken, rise, and acknowledge the ¨element¨ that is attempting to overrun their countries culturally.

What I find unacceptable is the mockery these delinquent men are practicing intentionally; it`s scorn in it`s worst manifestation.

This is getting very dangerous..
edit on 9-1-2016 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Why do you resent it?

Your questions.. how saddening;

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

BLAME the nice people again and side with people who want to let their racism all hang out. This is old and tiresome.

I am not sure there are many ‘nice people’ on either side of this argument.

Whenever I see a thread about ‘political correctness’ on ATS I know it will be a festival of racism, religious bigotry, homophobia and other fetishes of the paranoid right.

Yet the people now imposing censorship on university campuses and hollowing out liberal, egalitarian legislative regimes with ‘affirmative’ exceptions are just as full of hatred and selfishness.

Both sides would destroy civilization in order to reform it. A murrain on both their houses.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noobarino

"" -Do you mean all feminists in Europe are concerned with Happy meal toys? I am certain that isn't the case.
-I had no idea women were letting themselves be assaulted for fear of being called racist. ""

That's not what I was saying at all....

I am saying that many women, especially the talking heads of the feminist movement, are not speaking out against the sexual assault and rape epidemic in Europe, because they are afraid of being label racist.

This article I found just now goes into much greater detail than I ever could...

judgybitch.com...

Are you saying feminists are unconfortable with defending women`s rights against ignorant, criminally minded lewd coloured men? That would mean she could never be a lawyer.

Feminists need to stay focused on the Law, and ignore nonsense issues of ¨cultural sensitivity.¨

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join