It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Correctness is Going to Destroy US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
When talking about Germany and its current sexual assault issue, this is a good point:

Consider what just one false story from Rolling Stone did to help bolster and spawn the PC idea of campus rape culture, but it simply is NOT PC to consider that this might be the kind of thing people feared was/is going on in all those campus frats at their parties ... but the perps here are not privileged white males ... or alternately college athletes of any race.
edit on 9-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
Media coverage and government influence on its citizens is what is causing this whole PC to spin out of control.

This is a form of mind control and manipulation to get a horde of people to think one way only. The reality is what you think it is under no one's pressure of influence.

A few years back I cut my cable tv from news and let me tell you one thing...my mind feels FREE from the many thought police out there.

The more people do not feel obligated to follow one's actions or be pressured by society to think a certain way, only THEN will you be free from this whole concept of being politically correct in society.

This whole thing of PC is pretty much the same thing as Al Gore's global warming concept he was forced to eat by the Chinese powerhouse.

I don't feel pressured to feel a certain way.

I have pretty much ALWAYS felt the way I do now. I have some small changes over years, which is normal.

I am really too strong for media or government influence. The fact that good normally falls under 'PC' is not my fault.

You are FREE to be a jerk if you like. You can still watch cable TV too. If you are a jerk, you are a jerk. Cable TV or not will not change that status.

edit on 9-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
When talking about Germany and its current sexual assault issue, this is a good point:

Consider what just one false story from Rolling Stone did to help bolster and spawn the PC idea of campus rape culture, but it simply is NOT PC to consider that this might be the kind of thing people feared was/is going on in all those campus frats at their parties ... but the perps here are not privileged white males ... or alternately college athletes of any race.

It appears to be a big story, as many are talking about it.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

In your opinion that's where "good" falls.

Some of us differ on that, but, of course, since you boil it down to feelings instead of actual results, you can pretend to take moral superiority.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

But not until after a six or seven day cover up fell apart and threats from the German government to shut down speech about it as hateful to Muslims.

Contrast that with what happened here with Rolling Stone. They publish one story and it becomes de facto truth even after it was exposed as a fabrication.
edit on 9-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I see the PC movement making a HUGE Crash and Burn in the next year. The problem is what will come first? The end of Western Civilization OR Political Correctness?

Cannibalism seems to be a very active deterrent to the PC movement at the present. The Progressive left might be gloating at their accomplishments up to this point, but will they be so open to gloat when their fascism defines their own fate?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
PC may not be what most people think it is. It was given that name as a derisive, bad thing. Why? People who want to act less than human want something to blame. Something, anything. Even if 2 letters is it, they think 'Why not?" it will hide me from looking like a monster.

The problem is, you can't hide. People see you. They see your racism, bigotry, sterotyping, condemnation of entire ethnic groups. It is 2016, not 1942. You can't hide behind something so small.

+2 more 
link   
One thing to keep in mind is that the younger generations are being brainwashed by media to 'buy in' to this whole concept of PC.

Has anyone noticed that silent majority of America, predominantly the seniors, are being totally isolated from their feedback on this PC issue? Have we forgotten our roots? Forgot to seek counsel from our elders? Why are we always have to follow what the TRENDS are these days? Who sets the trends? Look at media and that is your source to all this crap!

link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I had a thought when I read your post and it occured to me that now when i think about those drawings and supposed photos of what Aliens look like... none of them had any genitals!

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
OMG THE END OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION! What will we DO!

Talk about hyperbole. You guys are all free to say what ever you want, just like anyone is free to have an opinon about what you are saying. The anti PC people would rather have you silenced and not voice your opinion about what is being said about you or others. It is really ironic.

Do yalls arms ever get tired in these threads that we see at least once a week?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
TruthxIsxInxThexMist

...drawings and supposed photos of what Aliens look like... none of them had any genitals!

Two ways of looking at this are:

1) No genitals means to be gender neutral and not to imply sexism to any gender type

2) Far fetched idea, but maybe the future of birth control...crazy but future harvesting of eggs and sperm to produce test tube babies

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

But not until after a six or seven day cover up fell apart and threats from the German government to shut down speech about it as hateful to Muslims.

Contrast that with what happened here with Rolling Stone. They publish one story and it becomes de facto truth even after it was exposed as a fabrication.

The media covered what happened in Europe. You decry a coverup you think happened and think it happened for 6 days?

The Rolling Stone story was not vetted. It's a * magazine. That stuff does happen in fraternities, though Rolling Stone should be ashamed they picked the wrong one and didn't source right. They got found out.

You are comparing the 2? That is also really weird.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
And you think it somehow beneficial, to hold such a judgemental and authoritative attitude toward your fellow man??

Do you think if you are mean enough to the meanies, they will change their ways?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
OMG THE END OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION! What will we DO!

Talk about hyperbole. You guys are all free to say what ever you want, just like anyone is free to have an opinon about what you are saying. The anti PC people would rather have you silenced and not voice your opinion about what is being said about you or others. It is really ironic.

They NEVER get tired, nor see the irony.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
And you think it somehow beneficial, to hold such a judgemental and authoritative attitude toward your fellow man??

Do you think if you are mean enough to the meanies, they will change their ways?

I am not following you. I will point out the 'meanies' and why they are 'meanies', but I am not normally mean.

Should I stop pointing it out?

You are using the word judgmental ironically? The good should not judge the bad? That is different.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

You speak for yourself and maybe five other active members here.

The left likes to pretend they have the whole country on their side, but in truth you are the squeaky wheel, the vocal minority.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

You speak for yourself and maybe five other active members here.

The left likes to pretend they have the whole country on their side, but in truth you are the squeaky wheel, the vocal minority.

That user speaks for maybe 5 other active members?????????????????? Your analysis of the situation is incorrect.

The left is about half and probably a little more.

link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

if I see racism, bigotry, stereotyping, and condemnation of entire ethnic groups. hell ya I'm gonna say something.

are you saying I should be silent??

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: reldra
The problem is, you can't hide. People see you.

Talk like that brings the word persecution to mind. Or maybe inquisition?
edit on 9-1-2016 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
The problem is, you can't hide. People see you.

Talk like that brings the word persecution to mind. Or maybe inquisition?

NO. It means you will be debated and pointed out in debate when you speak.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join